Deleted

Bone Shards, Small Claws, Small Venom Sacs - Where to find?

Does anyone know where I can farm these? and is it possible to change the Tiny Claws etc into the Small versions??

I've been hunting Forest Grubs at the Plateau for awhile now but they only ever drop Tiny Venom Sacs :/

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Does anyone know where I can farm these? and is it possible to change the Tiny Claws etc into the Small versions??

I've been hunting Forest Grubs at the Plateau for awhile now but they only ever drop Tiny Venom Sacs :/
    Different monsters drop different things. Grubs drop poison as they spit it. Skales and Kraits drop scales since...they're scaley! I think humans drop bags that can contain anything, while animals tend to drop leather you can salvage. Bone shards should come from risen, claws from animals and birds while venom sacs are probably to do with spiders.

I'm not sure if someone else has, but i'd be nice to get a list of what drops what as a sticky here

Deleted
    I've got all sorts of stuff in my bank, perchance you should check there
    In all seriousness you can get them a bit everywhere. I think I've found most of mine from the sacks that humanoids tend to drop.
    Last edited by mmoc6ee9171f6f; 2012-09-01 at 10:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had some luck farming bones from Jotun / Ettin, claws from dredge (luckily, they are everywhere in the norn zones), venom sacs from spiders, vials of blood from trolls, scales from Skales / Krait. You can get the dust from undead (Risen). Just pick the item you want, and pick a zone that has those mobs in the level range for the item that you need. I don't have a list on that though. Farming pirates etc. also works, but it's quite more random.

I also found that elementals tend to drop a certain type of gem, with Earth elementals dropping Peridot(green) gems and Ice elementals dropping Lapis(blue) gems. I have yet to come across other elemental types for the other gem types.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I also found that elementals tend to drop a certain type of gem, with Earth elementals dropping Peridot(green) gems and Ice elementals dropping Lapis(blue) gems. I have yet to come across other elemental types for the other gem types.
    Ah, didn't realise that. Ghosts dropping dust is very true, i've always got tons of that stuff.

Deleted
    been farming the 15-17 forest grub and only tiny venom sac drops, been farming the 24 centaurs and only the tiny claws drop. same with lvl 15-17 dredge and 15-17 jotun/norn/iceblood wolf

Deleted
    well put it this way, i'm level 40 and need claws/totems (not tiny/small, the t3 version) and they only drop from level 41+ mobs at a "semi-decent" rate

total joke.

your best bet is to wait it out until you can farm level 20-25-30s, or AH it. (and AH is ... a bit of an issue atm xD)

Deleted
    For small venom sacs, the troll cave on the south west of Queensdale is a pretty good farming place. Just kill the grubs around there, they have a pretty high chance to drop the sacs. Fast respawn rate, group up together, and doesn't aggro.

Deleted
    ^ Thanks i'll try. Edit: Only dropping Tiny.

Cran i'm on a 34 Engineer

The slugs at carn fields drop Small venom sacs for me but the drop rate is very very low.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd818af09; 2012-09-02 at 12:03 AM.

Deleted
    yesterday I did 2 zones in 100% , killed a lot of stuff, on the way, and from all of this grind I had mats for barely 2 insignias for craft. Crafting here is horrible grind, yeah they masked it perfectly behind nodes only for you, so you can gather all the wood and ore i nthe world if you wish, but i's useless, when you can't do anything with it woithout that specuial rare mats. It would be good for end game stuff, but it's god-awefull when you level up your crafting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    well put it this way, i'm level 40 and need claws/totems (not tiny/small, the t3 version) and they only drop from level 41+ mobs at a "semi-decent" rate

total joke.

your best bet is to wait it out until you can farm level 20-25-30s, or AH it. (and AH is ... a bit of an issue atm xD)
    Really? Im an armorsmith/weaponsmith and as of yet, the tier 2 will net me level 40 items along with iron ore at maxed level, aka masterwork items.

I dont see why mobs below 40 need to drop the tier 3 considering as far as I know, those items are used to make level 45 gear.

And as for the grind, you must be extremly unlucky, so far I've not fallen behind my crafting levels compared to my real level, its getting slower for sure, but I still get plenty enough of materials, I just go farm something should I need something special every other mob drops the items, atleast in my experiance.
    Last edited by mmoc9804b1efc7; 2012-09-02 at 12:56 AM.

Deleted
    Fair enough. I finally hit 125 so working on getting it to 150+.. I'm currently level 34 so might go and clear my last 15-25 zone and hopefully ding out there....

You can check www.gw2db.com for the mats.