Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    The titans would obviously help us, and it wouldn't be hard for them to "empower us". Or Blizzard does the thing they have done many times before, and just say that we fight a "weakened" version of him.

It would make no sense for us to kill KJ, but not the actual leader of the Burning Legion.
    I still count Sargeras as a titan considering he's shown to have become even more godlike since his fall.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will turn free 2 play. Cataclysm was too much..

Off the top of my head there are a few candidates: Underwater/naga/sea vykrul, emerald dream, xoroth/legion/space, northrend/outland revamp, or underground old god/nerubian/sithilid/aquir expansion.

My money is on an underground bug expansion. Blizzard said they had a different expansion planned before mop, and I think it was a bug one. They had a fairly large sithilis revamp on the ptr(never went live TB did a video), a renewed nerubain presence with the northrend dungeon quest revamp, hints at something under trisifal, a cataclysm that would have disturbed anything chained below azeroth, and a titan death machine in uldum that goes very deep underground.

Don't give me the "blizzard can't do anything with just bugs" excuse. BC was just demons. Wrath was just undead, cata was just elementals, and mop was just pandas.

Don't give me the "blizzard has done enough bugs already" excuse. BC's first tier was all undead, but wrath still happened. Wrath's first tier had dragons galore, but cata happened. Blizzard managed to make players feel sympathy for orcs, doing bugs will be cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    Off the top of my head there are a few candidates: Underwater/naga/sea vykrul, emerald dream, xoroth/legion/space, northrend/outland revamp, or underground old god/nerubian/sithilid/aquir expansion.

My money is on an underground bug expansion. Blizzard said they had a different expansion planned before mop, and I think it was a bug one. They had a fairly large sithilis revamp on the ptr(never went live TB did a video), a renewed nerubain presence with the northrend dungeon quest revamp, hints at something under trisifal, a cataclysm that would have disturbed anything chained below azeroth, and a titan death machine in uldum that goes very deep underground.

Don't give me the "blizzard can't do anything with just bugs" excuse. BC was just demons. Wrath was just undead, cata was just elementals, and mop was just pandas.

Don't give me the "blizzard has done enough bugs already" excuse. BC's first tier was all undead, but wrath still happened. Wrath's first tier had dragons galore, but cata happened. Blizzard managed to make players feel sympathy for orcs, doing bugs will be cake.
    That could be possible, they are also using an insect race in MoP... Maybe they will continue with those creatures in the next expansion, I mean, Blizzard showed with MoP that new lore in the game is possible..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velophyx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pandaria that mysterious wild continent?
    As far as I know, Pandaria is more to the south, whereas there should still be a whole other side of Azeroth from whence no explorers have ever returned. Otherwise ships between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms would simply take that route right away and avoid the dangerous Great Sea with the Maelstrom etc.

Also, Kalimdor would have been discovered a lot faster than it was, the two continents had nothing in between them on that side. I'd like to think of that sea as the Pacific Ocean between the Americas and Asia, only it will probably contain a continent sooner or later.

Deleted
    I do hope some Burning Legion invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I do hope some Burning Legion invasion
    I believe it will be something Burning Legion related. The conversation with Wrathion during the legendary chain seemed (to me) to hint towards that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    As far as I know, Pandaria is more to the south, whereas there should still be a whole other side of Azeroth from whence no explorers have ever returned. Otherwise ships between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms would simply take that route right away and avoid the dangerous Great Sea with the Maelstrom etc.

Also, Kalimdor would have been discovered a lot faster than it was, the two continents had nothing in between them on that side. I'd like to think of that sea as the Pacific Ocean between the Americas and Asia, only it will probably contain a continent sooner or later.
    'The other side of Azeroth' is always a possibility for Blizzard to create a brand new continent.. However most players thought that Pandaria would be placed there & that the South Sea content would be placed where Pandaria is placed now.

Maybe they switched it accidently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post

Fingers crossed.

Besides Emerald Dream, Argus, Xoroth, there's the potential for a naga-based expansion wherein Queen Azshara uses the powers of Neptulon to raise sunken portions of Kalimdor back to the surface to create a new landmass - plenty of potential there. There's also the Elemental Planes, and a return to Outland - wouldn't mind exploring more of the history of that world, especially about the giants and the arakkoa.

So yeah, there's a good few expansions we might see yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synhio View Post
    'The other side of Azeroth' is always a possibility for Blizzard to create a brand new continent.. However most players thought that Pandaria would be placed there & that the South Sea content would be placed where Pandaria is placed now.

Maybe they switched it accidently?
    Well to me it seems quite logic that Pandaria was in fact the "Other Side" since it was this undiscovered continent because of mist and stuff. Or is Blizzard implying that nobody has never even left this half of Azeroth yet? It seems sort of stupid to me, since well, there are boats, flying creatures and there is magic to travel to distant places. I would've thought everything on Azeroth would've been discovered by now.

And IF the other side of Azeroth was still undiscovered, what could there possibly be at that other side? As I see it, Azeroth does show quite a lot of resemblance with Earth. And as I know nothing about WoW lore, I'm sort of trying to interpret things as if Azeroth was the Earth. (Northrend would be Scandinavia, Iceland and the North Pole). Kalimdor would be North America + A small part of South America. The Eastern Kingdoms would be a little like Europe and Africa. Pandaria would be more like China/East Asia. If you ask me, practically all of the landscapes & cultures known on Earth are now somehow/somewhat represented in Azeroth too. The "Other" side of Azeroth wouldn't have much other possibilities as Australia, New Zealand, More of Asia or Antartica (Which is actually already somewhat represented by Northrend too). That is if we're sticking to the landscapes and cultures on Earth. Ofcourse this would be with a little twist, but that's the way I'm looking at it.

Deleted
    Te word is simple "Titan" hehe

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    After MOP, there will be BROOM.
    i laughted!

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully it will be dead after mop and blizz rolls out Titan

I would say Azshara so we can kill/save Neptulon or The Emerald dream in order to visit Malfurion and kick him in the feathers for being so inactive and mostly because we all want to see how this third DtA is gonna look, will he be a giant hairy leg ? A bleeding nose ? ...

Deleted
    personally i think the odds are big we're going too another planet agian like we did in BC. especially after blizzard realized making a expansion like cata which added new zones too old continents didnt work. making an azshara themed expansion less likely, ofcourse she might be part of a new expansion but then they have too make a lot of underwater zones (i personally like vashjir so bring it) but lots of people disliked that. and they have too work out some lore that a new continent rises from the deep abyss.

seems a lot easier to go to a new planet and leave azshara for now

Deleted
    Pirate Expansion I hope.

Yarrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    2) Xoroth, Argus, main antagonist Sargeras
    + maybe Turalyon and Alleria finally found, maybe Outland revamp
    Not going to happen. If Argus is the headquarters of the Burning Legion and there is an expansion were we go there the last boss will not be Sargeras but Kil'Jaeden, who is currently the leader of the Burning Legion - not Sargeras, just as Garrosh is the leader of the Horde, not Thrall.

No, we will defeat the Burning Legion once with Kil'Jaeden as its leader before we defeat it again with Sargeras on top, or perhaps Sargeras will simply be an enemy on his own that they will save for the very last expansion of WoW, or we might not meet him in WoW at all as they might want to save some villans to build on future games - and who better to save than a villan that has been mostly in the background but is directly and/or indirectly responsible for some of the greatest villans in the Warcraft lore such as the Burning Legion + Kil'Jaden and Archimonde, the Scourge + the Lich King and the Naga + Queen Azshara. He could spawn a whole new basket of villans and factions for a Warcraft 4 / WoW 2 in the distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    After MOP, there will be BROOM.
    What comes after BROOM?

If you take current existing lore in to account there are many expansions that can be built around whats out there. Emerald Dream, Ashzara, Sargeras, Titans, Argus, BL, Kul Trias. There is a fan fic expansion on here about the Nerubian kingdom. After that, which I know ruffles way too many feathers, is new lore. People love to hang on to what is lore from the RTS games, but most of the stuff in WoW was created specifically for the MMO and did not exist prior. So you also have unlimited amount of ideas that could be crafted from new lore. According to an executive from an online article back a bit, counting MoP, there are 5 expansions planned. meaning in development and or planning stages. So A lot is coming, but all could change.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    I'm still waiting for (hoping ._.) The Emerald Dream expansion. There are already Emerald Dream files located within the game files and they have been continuously updated... so it seems that they may should (hopefully) do it eventually. As far as I predict, I hope for Emerald Dream to be next to reach Level 95 then finally a Burning Legion one with perhaps Sargeras as the end boss (with the characters empowered by the titans etc); perhaps ending WoW with Level 100 and having Blizzard move on with Titan. WoW has to have an end eventually.
    I'm not saying what I said, will happen or what absolutely must happen. Just a prediction.

One with Argus though certainly isn't a bad idea.
    They were there since day 1 because it was supposed to be part of vanilla. However certain classes, and quests have taken us into is ever since. Maybe that is why they have been updated.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post
    There's no more place in Azeroth for any new content (they won't pull another Cata and scatter the zones, I'm sure), which leaves the only option of a totally new place. And that's 99%.

I would personally like some draenei-demon thing again, of course with tons of naarus... Argus seems a great place for that. Maybe we cleansed Outland, and that would be our main base on the assault, possibly with spaceships instead of portals
    Who says the map is to scale? Who says they cannot fit more on the other sid? Don't use Ulduar and the telescope that looks at Azeroth as canon examples of what is actually Azeroth.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Blizzard has stated on many occasions that Pandaria is a self-contained story culminating in the final raid of this first tier, meaning that any subsequent patches in this expansion will likely NOT be set on Pandaria.
    Source please. I am an avid follower of Blues and their tweets and such and I do not recall ever reading anything like this.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    WoW will turn free 2 play. Cataclysm was too much..
    The amount of people that left during Cata is more than any other MMO has right now and WoW went back up over 10M. I Don't think WoW is in any short term problems.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    hopefully it will be dead after mop and blizz rolls out Titan
    Titan will not be WoWs replacement nor is the game you all think it will be. It is not a competitor to WoW it is meant to compliment it like SC2 or D3. It will most likely have CRZ and a RMAH all the things most of you guys dislike. WoW is their king they will not kill it off for an unknown. Anyone thinking they will needs some help or business classes.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2012-11-28 at 12:22 AM.