Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvPing before MoP rolls out.

Just like about every other low level pally, I hopped on this Shockadin train and have been lovin' it!
    I'm a few bars from cap, now I'm burdened with the decision of going ret or sticking with this Shockadin spec.
    I've mustered up enough honor to get geared up and have decent gear waiting for me when I hit cap.

I know it wont matter in 3 weeks but i still want to have fun PvPing these last few weeks.
    I know the mechanics of both specs and I'm now wondering what to invest my honor in once I hit cap.

Are shockadins still crazy OP fun at 85? And how are Rets doing?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't say for Shockadins at 85, BUT, Ret is doing pretty fun and awesome things.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    OP paladins.... i hate em

I've done 6 bgs as shockadin in the last 2 days at 85. I've gotten wrecking ball 3 times and was 12-0, 13-0, and 9-0 in the other 3. I have been in the top 5 in damage and usually 1st or 2nd in healing as well. So to answer your question, yes, it is still OP fun at 85 . Also my pally only has 5 pieces of cata so she isn't all that geared and still does that well

Honestly, even I think this shockadin thing is out of hand but by the looks of it, if it was that ridiculous ...blizzard would of fixed it by now I guess.

The thing is is I don't want to waste all that honor if its gonna get nerfed in a few days :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xhelin View Post
    Honestly, even I think this shockadin thing is out of hand but by the looks of it, if it was that ridiculous ...blizzard would of fixed it by now I guess.

The thing is is I don't want to waste all that honor if its gonna get nerfed in a few days :/
    It's technically been nerfed already. Healing is cut across the board in arenas and BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's technically been nerfed already. Healing is cut across the board in arenas and BGs.
    I haven't noticed a difference. Just hit cap, going to sleep on it.

You guys think this is going to get nurfed anytime soon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhelin View Post
    I haven't noticed a difference. Just hit cap, going to sleep on it.

You guys think this is going to get nurfed anytime soon?
    I'm a bit confused about what needs to be "nerfed" just consider they don't want to and shouldn't nerf around how a class is at 85.

Look at Pre-WotLK. We got to the grounded for our performance at 70, and felt the effects of it into WotLK. Without people considering that we had all the major utilities we would as Ret pre-expansion.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Deleted
    Ret healing is insane, although damage done to me is so sick that I kind of have to keep healing myself all the time. Also, I love how fast things are dying with HA spec.

Deleted
    Ret healing is good atm imho.

I'm quite happy with what i'm seeing in random bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Holy and using HS offensively (No HS Glyph) and its smashing people! I'll be playing with a group of people healing as much as need be then dpsing in between.

I 1v1'd a DK he looked pretty geared too.. Its fun! I'd say go for it, If it dose get nerfed for some stupid reason then still holy is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Ret healing is good atm imho.

I'm quite happy with what i'm seeing in random bgs.
    Pretty much this. In TB I had a resto shaman, bal druid, bad lock on me and I killed two before dying in just Pve gear.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Cut how? I know there was the 10% reduction that was in place a long time ago, but if there were any further adjustments recently, could you elaborate?

Deleted
    I finally got sick with how GC shits on my dk, so I just rerolled ret paladin. Level 58 today and will hit 85 long before mop hits. I played a paladin before but I really liked dks in wotlk so I mained a dk all through wotlk and about 3 months into cata, then I took a break and came back to wow only a month ago. Dks suck at pvp. Rogue, warrior, frost mage, hunter (the good one, not the back peddling tard) will kick your dk's butt hard, but I always hoped they get fixed in MoP. Fat chance of that, dks stay the same as in Cata so I'm gonna reroll.

Now ret paladin in MoP = UNKITABLE. I mean really, on top of your hand of freedom, you get a speed boost everytime you judge, you have a ranged hamstring everytime you judge and you get a no cd instant ability that clears movement impairing effects. AND you get awesome survivability as well which is galaxies away from what dks have, with great self heals, a shield and an ability that reduces spelldamage by 40% for 10 sec every 1 min.

Fuck it, for solo pvp, which I do a lot, ret paladin is the perfect class.

You'll come to find it has it's moments

But welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the shockadin train. I started a brand new pally just for having some lulz before MoP hits the shelves. And man is it fun! I ran a WSG at 14, going 56-0 and racking up 191 HKs. At lower levels it's just crazy. Insane to be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    You'll come to find it has it's moments

But welcome.
    Exactly.

Also you'll find out GC does his business on Ret Paladins all the time, Gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank81 View Post
    OP paladins.... i hate em
    agreed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Muschi View Post
    Oh the shockadin train. I started a brand new pally just for having some lulz before MoP hits the shelves. And man is it fun! I ran a WSG at 14, going 56-0 and racking up 191 HKs. At lower levels it's just crazy. Insane to be fair.
    Thats just ridiculous...this makes me want to re-roll another paladin just to entertain myself for the next couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Athama View Post
    Thats just ridiculous...this makes me want to re-roll another paladin just to entertain myself for the next couple of weeks
    I'm doing this, ha.