Poll: What tank is good for more T14 bosses than the other classes?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Top overall 10-man tank

Who is the best 10-man tank on an overall basis? I know different people value different tanks differently. What I'm asking you is:
    what class is viable/good for more T14 bosses than any other class?

Spent the last month deciding on what class to roll for MoP tanking. Ended on DK, based on hearing that they are still the class with the highest amount of active mitigation; the tank class where the player has more impact on whether he dies or not than any other tank class (if played right). This is what I heard anyway. This is not the question here, though. Would be nice to see how decent people think DK will be for T14 compared to other tanks. I will stick to my DK no matter what.

EDIT: put 60 where I was supposed to put warrior -.- y u no let me edit... and wtf, priest is in there, what is wrong with me most useless poll ever... was supposed to be DK, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Warrior. can some mod take out priest and edit 60 to warrior or something?
    Last edited by Caduceus; 2012-09-16 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    DK, Protadin, guardian... as far as i know.

that`s my opinion

... and i voted guardian because im rerolling one. so i can get the leather from the rogue... dude was only leather user in DS... lucky him,,, nomore
    Last edited by mmoc743b654a14; 2012-09-16 at 03:27 PM.

I chose druid. Just cause I love watching those big bear asses running around taking beatings to the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted DK, but ill be playing my guardian this go around. My guild is once again in a situation where there is no other leather users, and I feel that it would be easier to gear an offspec as my druid versus competing with frost dk and fury war.

Albeit part of the reason DKs are so strong atm is their kit did not get changed as much as others, so players have not required as much as an adjustment period. This is a minor difference though, but still one worth considering...Hell, on my druid it was 2 days after patch before i realized i had savage defense :P
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

ah whatever, this is useless with the two errors and not being able to edit <.< surprised by the lack of monk votes tho

Deleted
    Warriors---------------------------------->anything else :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I have heard this, But I have also heard Monks are redonk.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't edit polls as I'm aware OP. But I would like to know wtf you were thinking when you wrote it lol

Blizzard did say they wanted to bring all classes around the Protadin level, so they must be in good-shape at least...

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    This. They are broken OP after the major buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    To some extent ye(read vengance and dps), i was more being biased lol..
    Everyone know warriors aint allowed nice things.....

Plus, when first week of raiding is over and nerfbat has been swung, thats when we know, one thing for certain, wont be OP warriors for long

Deleted
    Priest all the way

Right now warriors are powerful, but the nerf bat is not necessarily your friend. It would be tough to half-gear a main tank only to have the nerfbat swing extra hard just as you're pushing heroics.

Think about the synergy with your raid group. If your 10-man has a dps warrior or dk but no feral or rogue, then bringing a druid or monk will improve your overall raid gearing. What's your co-tank going to be?

Look at the buff chart and figure out what buffs you might be missing, that maybe your choice of class could improve. If you're worried about one of your healers burning out, maybe bring a paladin or druid so that you can be geared up as the emergency backup.

I'm sticking with my Warrior unless it turns out that Pally is WAY superior; those are my only 85s. Well, I have a DK but I don't understand nor want to understand DK tanking. My co-tank is switching from Guardian Druid to Brewmaster because he didn't like the Bear changes.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    Newsflash.

Pretty much everyone is broken OP, but not the same extent.

Right now all tanks are enjoying the fact of vengeance AP not having a cap, this stacking with SB is the only thing which can be considered OP because it totally negates Shield Block.

But this is a problem with Vengeance, not with the class.

We're at the end of an expansion with the best gear possible and level 90 talents.

Of course things are not balanced.

Warrior >> all IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    We're at the end of an expansion with the best gear possible and level 90 talents.

Please READ what the OP wrote before you reply or vote, please.

He isn't asking or basing what tanking classes are like on live, he's asking what will be the best AT 90 in T14.
    when you reply misinformation based on experiences that are irrelevant to the closest fact you have the potential to throw poll votes if someone takes you post as accurate.
    On Beta warriors are screamingly powerful. If it stays that way they WILL be the best tank for T14.
    Monks are very good, and so are paladins, followed by druid/dk.
    This may ofcourse change depending on a fight by fight basis. However overall from my experiences, with each class, this is the case.

Please don't vote if you only have experiences at lvl 85 on live. They are not accurate and you will render the poll pointless.
    The poll as it stands seems to have undertaken the 'choose DK because of live' poll results, of which there is no way of distingishing the truth behind the fact, so don't take the poll results as accurate.

Let me repeat my caution. Don't take the overpowered class of the moment just because it's OP. It will be nerfed when you need it most, guaranteed.

Take the class that YOU play the best, that synergizes with your teammates and that you enjoy playing. If that happens to be a warrior, then you'll still be great at it even after the inevitable nerfbat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Newsflash.

Pretty much everyone is broken OP, but not the same extent.

Right now all tanks are enjoying the fact of vengeance AP not having a cap, this stacking with SB is the only thing which can be considered OP because it totally negates Shield Block.

But this is a problem with Vengeance, not with the class.

What does AP and vengeance have to do with tank survivbility? Warriors are broken OP because of the amount of passive damage reduction and the fact that SB works on magic damage whereas no other tank has anything like that.

Not to mention Warriors bring the most utility out of all the tanks. Skull banner anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Insincere View Post
    Please READ what the OP wrote before you reply or vote, please.

He isn't asking or basing what tanking classes are like on live, he's asking what will be the best AT 90 in T14.
    when you reply misinformation based on experiences that are irrelevant to the closest fact you have the potential to throw poll votes if someone takes you post as accurate.
    On Beta warriors are screamingly powerful. If it stays that way they WILL be the best tank for T14.
    Monks are very good, and so are paladins, followed by druid/dk.
    This may ofcourse change depending on a fight by fight basis. However overall from my experiences, with each class, this is the case.

Please don't vote if you only have experiences at lvl 85 on live. They are not accurate and you will render the poll pointless.
    The poll as it stands seems to have undertaken the 'choose DK because of live' poll results, of which there is no way of distingishing the truth behind the fact, so don't take the poll results as accurate.
    Please READ what I wrote before you reply, I was replying to defer09 with my comment, quoting him.

I replied to his comment saying how 'broken' we are after the buffs and I'm pretty sure he's still talking about live.