Thread: Darkmoon Rabbit

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    A raid boss that drops ONE pet... incoming long farm!
    Tell me about it :S at least i got the achievement >.<

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Anybody know where he spawns?
    He spawns near the cave in the SE. Also a grp on my realm killed it today. It drops a pet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490559102

Drama on AP US already about it, but not surprising considering who put the group together...

US Nordrassil, 8:30 EST Rabbit from hell was killed after 30 minutes of combat, winner was guildie who won with a 97; Group was 32 people, 1 tank 3 heals, rest dps, didnt think our group was going to kill it the first time, so no pictures or recording

Killed on Neptulon EU around 13.00 server time.

There were people checking the cave for a respawn all day after that, but as far as I know it never came back. Does anyone else have any info about the respawn timer?

saw this guy on my server came back a hour later he is still alive and all i see is a field of bones

Deleted
    Any word on a second spawning of this rabbit yet on a realm 100%? Have yet to find word of 2 spawnings on a realm, just trying to get a respawn timer idea for it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring 40 people, and bring less melee. Fight him up against the cave wall so when he kites away your priests can grip the player back and heal them so they dont die. He has some kind of mechanic that the closest person/people to him get rocked first, and rocked hard. 220k ish. It is not related to threat as omen had no bearing on who died but it was pretty much melee.

Ours spawned in the water and not the cave oddly enough. lol.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    Tried to get some info off a GM today regarding it's spawn timer, obviously they can't give exact info like such for rares. He did inform me though that it can spawn more than once per faire and that also there could be a " hidden condition" to it spawning. Meaning doing something else to help it spawn. That is as much info that I could drag from him/her

Based off what Daemie said about a "hidden condition" to it spawning, it could potentially be about how many daily quests get completed. For example, for every 1000 completed daily quests on the realm, it spawns. Normally I wouldn't post just wild accusations, but we have seen this before where questing had to be done to unlock something. This would also make sense because they had some issues with the Darkmoon quests resetting. I know that there are many reasons this could have happened, but it seems plausible. Changing how the coding for the quests was done to accommodate the rabbit could have caused these complications. Just a thought as we wait for confirmation of a 2nd spawn.

~Sky
    Last edited by Skylightleo; 2012-09-03 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylightleo View Post
    Based off what Daemie said about a "hidden condition" to it spawning, it could potentially be about how many daily quests get completed. For example, for every 1000 completed daily quests on the realm, it spawns. Normally I wouldn't post just wild accusations, but we have seen this before where questing had to be done to unlock something. This would also make sense because they had some issues with the Darkmoon quests resetting. I know that there are many reasons this could have happened, but it seems plausible. Changing how the coding for the quests was done to accommodate the rabbit could have caused these complications. Just a thought as we wait for confirmation of a 2nd spawn.

~Sky
    Based on this theory. On my server it spawned in under 12hours of the DMF coming up. However it has now been about 28hours since it died. In theory more dailies should have been completed in that time to force another respawn. Continuing on this theory, could it be the quest hand ins you get from instances/pvp rather then the dailies themselves?
    Last edited by mmoc0be055b220; 2012-09-03 at 01:59 PM.

we have been trying to figure out what could trigger the spawn it has been around 30 hours since the last and only kill on my server. I've still yet to see a confirmed double spawn on 1 server. As for the dailies thing, i would highly doubt it, things are really active around here and the hotfix for bugged quests was fixed at night, so more people handed things today. We have tried exploring the entire map dead and alive to no avail. i'm kinda frustrated now :P i need wabbit ;<

Questing at the faire seems too obvious and incidental a thing to tie to the rabbit's spawn. It might share a spawn slot with the crabs in the bay area. Or potentially something new was added elsewhere on the island for players to interact with? I'd tamper with some things but seeing as how I'm in the middle of a move I probably won't have much time to log in during this month's faire.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Killed it yesterday with 36 people consisting of 1 tank and like 3 healers, rest dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I cant even find enough people to do a For the Horde let alone a For the Rabbit lol
    For the Rabbit! Sounds more like some slogan for Playboy than a "mini world boss"

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Anybody know where he spawns?
    The rabbit can spawn in three different locations.

Darkmoon Island: 74,86
    Darkmoon Island: 77,81
    Darkmoon Island: 78,80

All of these locations are near the only cave on Darkmoon Island.

wow lol

So thats what the cave was for.

getting killed by a rabbit
    that realy makes me happy odly enough, all that faceroll deathwing stuff made me loose faith in blizzards ability to kill players, but here it comes the mighty rabbiiiit
    allways look on the bright side of life

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    we have killed it again on draenor eu it re spawned around 9:00-9:30 and die around 10:30 (but we was busy getting a raid up so may be a little off) so seam to be a 48h respwan oh and we missed your Daemie
    Last edited by TheReptorGekko; 2012-09-04 at 09:55 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it a few mins ago in cave, confirming that respawn timer is around 2 days.