Thread: Titan

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titan

I've been reading some articles online and a lot of people seem to think that Titan is going to be a science fiction based MMO, but not in the Starcraft universe. Some people are saying it will take place in the Halo universe (no idea how they came up with that one). From all the information I've gathered, it seems like it's definitely going to be Science fiction, and possibly from the first person point of view. My first guess is that it's going to be a "mech" style game that you can play in either first person, or third person view, and you customize your "mech".

My second guess is that it will be a DoTA style game, only set in a science fiction universe (their job listing says "next gen mmo", not "mmo-rpg, so it might not even be an rpg).

Of course I could be totally wrong, but what do you guys think it will be?

The fact is we don't even know that it will be sci-fi. All we know about it is that its code name is Titan and it already has playable version.

Deleted
    And it's a completely new IP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    And it's a completely new IP.
    I really hope this is true. I dont want a sequel or a re-imagining of any game. i want a new IP out of Blizz.

I'm holding off on speculation though. I think with what little info is out there not a lot can really be said. I also think that if people lock into an expectation then the disappointment level will rise for whatever they ultimately announce, so i steering clear of any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said in the past that it's a new IP in answer to questions about whether it's an SC MMO, etc. Of course, they could be lying in order to throw people off the scent, but...

Aside from that there's nothing official. Plenty of speculation, but nothing from Blizz. The interesting thing is that they've had job openings for a next-gen MMO for years... I'm starting to wonder if they're either a) in deep shit with it or recently were and have had to scrap significant effort or b) if we're close to the kind of announce they did for D3 a few years ago where they show some play footage, etc. That latter would make sense if it's based on existing IP but I imagine if it's truly new perhaps not.

I'm also wondering how the last 2-3 years have affected their evaluation of the market for this. WHen we started hearing about Titan there was no SWTOR announced, etc. There've been a lot of MMOs hit the market since then and the subscription model seems on its last legs. However, I can't imagine a Titan that's B2P in the fashion of GW2 alongside WoW - that would easily cannabilize WoW subs. Perhaps a combined $20 sub or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    My wild guess is they find a way to amass their 3 franchises into one pulsating history spanning universe. BEHOLD, THE TITAN.

Dun dun duuuun.

...I honestly couldn't even begin to guess, it's been on lockdown, one would think the people design it have those chips in their brains penny-arcade was banging on about. I don't know how in this day and age Blizzard manage to keep development under such tight wraps without turning to organized crime for aid. :S
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Im thinking it will be current day or futuristic, since they are trying to get brand integration in. seeing a bottle of coke in a world of warcraft world wouldnt make too much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully futuristic and not a MMOFPS because that won't end well.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Hopefully futuristic and not a MMOFPS because that won't end well.
    Why wouldn't an MMOFPS end well? Planetside 2 (and the first) has proven such games work quite well.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has confirmed that it is a new IP. It is not anything currently out, around, or near the market.

Blizzard has confirmed that it is an MMO. This does not mean it's an RPG like wow, or an FPS like Borderlands. But an MMO nonetheless.

No other information has been given. Any ideas of what it might be are just people talking with absolutely 0 evidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    My wild guess is they find a way to amass their 3 franchises into one pulsating history spanning universe. BEHOLD, THE TITAN.

Dun dun duuuun.
    Calling it now, the finalized title will be Titancraft - Space Pandas in Hell.

---

Looking forward to hearing more of it. Assuming it's a B2P MMO, I'll probably pick it up. If it's P2P, they'll have to make a very strong case for it.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is essentially a guessing game.

We know next to nothing. You can't even make an educated guess. It's all pointless conjecture.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think in 2 years it will be revealed that this massive project by blizzard, code-named:Titan, was actually a social media experiement. The truth is that we are currently playing Titan right now. It's an MMO, which means that lots of people take part in it online. With all the ridiculous threads and conspiracies that have launched. I'm here to reveal the ultimate truth to you:

You are Titan. We are Titan. This thread is Titan. Google is Titan. Spam E-mail is Titan. The Government is Titan.

Blizzard is laughing at us. Right. Now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I've been reading some articles online and a lot of people seem to think that Titan is going to be a science fiction based MMO, but not in the Starcraft universe. Some people are saying it will take place in the Halo universe (no idea how they came up with that one). From all the information I've gathered, it seems like it's definitely going to be Science fiction, and possibly from the first person point of view. My first guess is that it's going to be a "mech" style game that you can play in either first person, or third person view, and you customize your "mech".

My second guess is that it will be a DoTA style game, only set in a science fiction universe (their job listing says "next gen mmo", not "mmo-rpg, so it might not even be an rpg).

Of course I could be totally wrong, but what do you guys think it will be?
    All the info you've gathered? Please, provide this info. Considering there has been NO info released by blizzard that says what the game will be about, this will be interesting.
    Last edited by Lamoot; 2012-09-05 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Why wouldn't an MMOFPS end well? Planetside 2 (and the first) has proven such games work quite well.
    Aimbots, trust me there will be Aimbots and other cheats of that nature, pretty much all shooters have cheaters (aimbotters).
    -K

Deleted
    CoD Allstars! CoD gameplay with all your favourate Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft characters!

All hail Activision Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Aimbots, trust me there will be Aimbots and other cheats of that nature, pretty much all shooters have cheaters (aimbotters).
    As if there is any less botting in MMORPG's? It's actually harder to get away with aimbotting in a persistent world game where you are connected to company servers. It's much easier in lobby or player based gameplay where there isn't constant monitoring and an effective reporting/customer support/anti-cheat system in place.

Inside tip told me that it is hard to explain because it is a new type of mmo.
    It is a totally new IP, not a sequel, it is first person view (as opposed to 3rd person ish from wow)
    And to better grasp what it is going to look and play like, try if you can to mix Mass Effect with Deux ex: Human revolution

Halo rumors come from Bungie now working with Activision-Blizzard. However, 343 owns the franchise now, so no.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

I heard something about Blizzard hiring a bunch of steampunk artist not to long ago. Was to late to impact Diablo III or Starcraft II but wasn't outside of impossible it went into MoP although it doesn't seem to fit. Rumor crap of course.