Problems with streaming (Xsplit/Twitch)

'sup people.
    Im dropping alot of frames when im streaming games like wow, and i dunno why.. even at lowest graphics the stream is very laggy.. im using xsplit premium and twitch to stream

i got 10 mbits both up and down,
    intel dualcore 3Ghz i3
    4gb dd3 RAM
    radeon hd 6870

from what i can tell it should be working. do i have the wrong settings or is there somehting about my pc that sucks?
    thanks

Deleted
    Firstly check your xsplit settings to see what resolution your streaming at and the settings it using, also check the server it is streaming to, if you google, team liquid put up a long article detailing everything you need to do.

Yeah, frame dropping with XSplit is usually due to a bad server. Try swapping out to a different one.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    You have a dual core processor.

Don't come here crying when you could barely stream 480p with that computer.

Final word: Your PC isnt good enough.

If you wanna stream, dont try 1280x720.

I could suggest FFSPLIT. google it.

Your computer specs aren't that bad, however with pretty much any rig without an ssd you need to have 2 hard drives to stream smoothly at high res. Use 1 for your gameplay/streaming software and the 2nd to write your recorded files too. Slap a cheap 2nd drive in there and you should be able to stream decently.

Deleted
    You need better cpu, that's all.

You can also try to stream with low resolution, but it will end up looking horrible for your viewers, so I suggest not to do that.
    Maybe try something like 360p, superfast preset and vbv-buffer and vbv-rating or w/e to 2000 and quality to around 6. Now, you might be able to get a smooth stream, but it most likely will look horrible due to that resolution.

twitch.tv/Crawthz - here is an example of my stream with i7-3770k, I'm still tweaking it abit, but you'll get the point why hyperthreaded Ivy Bridge i7 is capable of. Note that the last stream is done with new version of XSplit, so my cpu usage is around 40%-60% while streaming and gaming at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    You have a dual core processor.

Don't come here crying when you could barely stream 480p with that computer.

Final word: Your PC isnt good enough.

If you wanna stream, dont try 1280x720.

I could suggest FFSPLIT. google it.
    Final Word: It would help to know what your talking about, an i3-2100 is not some busted dual core from 2005. It is true it doesnt hold the weight of the i5-i7 series it is still very strong in gaming and general use, especially on a budget. It also acts as a quad core while encoding so your just completely wrong on his pc not being good enough.

@op 720p really should be fine for you but as said check a different server, anything hindering data flow basically is like a car backfiring. Also just because you have 10up and down doesnt mean your sending somewhere that can accept anywhere near that fast

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    Your computer specs aren't that bad, however with pretty much any rig without an ssd you need to have 2 hard drives to stream smoothly at high res. Use 1 for your gameplay/streaming software and the 2nd to write your recorded files too. Slap a cheap 2nd drive in there and you should be able to stream decently.
    I use a SSD (120gb) and a HDD (500ish) so that wont be a problem.. its fine if i have both wow and xsplit on the ssd, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Final Word: It would help to know what your talking about, an i3-2100 is not some busted dual core from 2005. It is true it doesnt hold the weight of the i5-i7 series it is still very strong in gaming and general use, especially on a budget. It also acts as a quad core while encoding so your just completely wrong on his pc not being good enough.

@op 720p really should be fine for you but as said check a different server, anything hindering data flow basically is like a car backfiring. Also just because you have 10up and down doesnt mean your sending somewhere that can accept anywhere near that fast

Buddy buddy. I know what I'm talking about. Xsplit is insane demanding on the CPU, and he's most likely lagging due to his 720p settings.

I've also paid for Xsplit, and I'm the one helping my friends and people on the internet with settings.

Nowadays I'm using FFsplit, It's less demanding as it's using a codec that already exists( Xsplit made their own, hence the insane demands it has). I can stream 1080p with it and in Xsplit my computer slowly dies at 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Buddy buddy. I know what I'm talking about. Xsplit is insane demanding on the CPU, and he's most likely lagging due to his 720p settings.

I've also paid for Xsplit, and I'm the one helping my friends and people on the internet with settings.

Nowadays I'm using FFsplit, It's less demanding as it's using a codec that already exists( Xsplit made their own, hence the insane demands it has). I can stream 1080p with it and in Xsplit my computer slowly dies at 1080p.
    If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't be claiming that X Split devs invented x264.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't be claiming that X Split devs invented x264.
    Ignore that sentence, i was thinking about something else.

Even still, an i3 is going to be supremely better at encoding than a Pentium series dual core because of the hyperthreading. When Windows load balances the game's 2 threads over the processor's 4 threads, it gives a considerably larger amount of headroom for X Split to encode over those 4 threads. This exact situation is where a budget processor with hyperthreading can shine.

Regardless, that's not the point. OP dropping frames in X Split isn't due to his rig, it's due to the server he's streaming to not being able to handle the incoming flow of data.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-09-03 at 10:23 AM.

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Even still, an i3 is going to be supremely better at encoding than a Pentium series dual core because of the hyperthreading. When Windows load balances the game's 2 threads over the processor's 4 threads, it gives a considerably larger amount of headroom for X Split to encode over those 4 threads. This exact situation is where a budget processor with hyperthreading can shine.

Regardless, that's not the point. OP dropping frames in X Split isn't due to his rig, it's due to the server he's streaming to not being able to handle the incoming flow of data.
    Unless he lives in a third world country, Xsplit should automatically place him somewhere close. Europe would be Amsterdam or france, for example.

I know what the lag is, that he's talking about. As World of warcraft is a heavy processor game, and so is Xsplit, they dont like each other.

He needs a better processor to stream world of warcraft.
    Last edited by mmoc4814bc6f58; 2012-09-03 at 10:39 AM.