Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New flying Metamorphosis ability

About a month ago I saw a video from MOP beta patch . In the background of this video I saw a guy into Metamorphosis that can jump really high .

A few days later this idea came to me : Why don't Blizzard add the second , FLYING Metamorphosis ability into the game ? I think this will be really cool .

I wanna to hear your oppinion . Let's discuss .

Well.. it's odd that a monk can fly on a cloud but a winged demon can't.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Well.. it's odd that a monk can fly on a cloud but a winged demon can't.
    This is how I feel too.

Make it cost a Minor Glyph Slot, and done.

Watching Warlocks who aren't paying attention to their Fury fall from the sky will be great for laffs.

Though if they could figure out how to make Dark Apotheosis wings flap we'd really be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    About a month ago I saw a video from MOP beta patch . In the background of this video I saw a guy into Metamorphosis that can jump really high .

A few days later this idea came to me : Why don't Blizzard add the second , FLYING Metamorphosis ability into the game ? I think this will be really cool .

I wanna to hear your oppinion . Let's discuss .

you can use demonic leap after jumping for a "double jump". if you arent moving you will go higher than normal

Glyph of Fel-rodynamic

Grants you the ability to harness subtle Fel energies in the air to glide into the sky, allowing you to fly in Demon form and leaving a trail of green fire as you soar. While flying you will not passively drop below 200 demonic fury.

Instant cast.

5,000 mana.

Cannot be used in combat or in non-flying zones.
    Last edited by Brauhm; 2012-09-02 at 05:21 PM.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

just make my dreadsteed fly. and that trail of flames cut the sky

What you probably saw was a guy in Metamorphosis using Demonic Leap on the spot (jump then demonic leap), which causes a rather majestic, brief flight into the air and doesn't incur Demonic Leap's cooldown as it's on just one spot rather than forward. Still I see your point; Dark Apotheosis at least with its permanent wings should be able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    Yeah , it's cool but not the same as flying demon .

Deleted
    Would love this, but I'm afraid the other classes would cry even more "why does Warlocks get all the cool stuff?!". ^^ And we would see even more people rerolling Warlock, I have already seen an explosion in low leveled warlocks, really hope they go monk or something when MoP hits as I really enjoy playing the least played class.

Where do I have to sign to get this?

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    "why does Warlocks get all the cool stuff?!". ^^
    The coolest classes (warlocks and druids) receive the cool stuff, that's how I see it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Would love this, but I'm afraid the other classes would cry even more "why does Warlocks get all the cool stuff?!". ^^ And we would see even more people rerolling Warlock, I have already seen an explosion in low leveled warlocks, really hope they go monk or something when MoP hits as I really enjoy playing the least played class.
    Yeah , maybe , but some days before MOP patch release I heard the whole ton of claims about loss of warlock class popularity .

You can present this idea to yourself like some sort of revenge for all those claims .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan97 View Post
    Yeah , maybe , but some days before MOP patch release I heard the whole ton of claims about loss of warlock class popularity .

You can present this idea to yourself like some sort of revenge for all those claims .
    I liked being one of the least played classes. We were at like 7 or 8% in cata. In MoP, we'll probably see that number jump to like 30%. For as much as I like some of these changes, it's going to be annoying seeing fotm's all over the place. Warlocks didn't diminish at all in the class popularity thing with the MoP patch.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I liked being one of the least played classes. We were at like 7 or 8% in cata. In MoP, we'll probably see that number jump to like 30%. For as much as I like some of these changes, it's going to be annoying seeing fotm's all over the place. Warlocks didn't diminish at all in the class popularity thing with the MoP patch.
    As long as we are not clearly number one either in PvP or PvE (which we are not) AND are easy to master (which we never were), I don't think, we'll become fotm. It's much more likely to be mages again.
    Also: Every fotm-hunter will try out monk first anyways, so there will be at least a few weeks of quiet peace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Glyph of Fel-rodynamic

Grants you the ability to harness subtle Fel energies in the air to glide into the sky, allowing you to fly in Demon form and leaving a trail of green fire as you soar. While flying you will not passively drop below 200 demonic fury.

Instant cast.

5,000 mana.

Cannot be used in combat or in non-flying zones.
    Red flames dude, red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying Gnomes? No thanks...and my lock IS a gnome...

Illidan can use his wings to fly, just let the damned metamorphosis fly already. Warlock dungeon challenge set is frikkin Illidan!

Oh and um give it to all warlocks and err give demo some other other beast ass CD in its place.
    Yeah, I'm a destruction warlock before anyone asks.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Flying Gnomes? No thanks...and my lock IS a gnome...
    Well they can fly anyway...the same way any chihuahua or other similarly annoying and small thing can.

I actually wouldn't like another cool demo-only thing. Just let's ride our demons. The Imp can be gnome-only!

BTW, I don't know it is changed now, but I remember demon form looked pretty epic under levitation with spread wings and all.

where can i sign?
    i was so happy when i heard "your powny now burns with the glyph" sadly it was only on water .. and water only exists where noone is

You're not thinking epic enough.

Instead of a flying dreadsteed ... Demonic Chariot drawn by six flying Dreadsteeds.

Go big or go home.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.