Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's funny that they never say precisely what the other expansion's theme would've been. Because I bet that a majority of people probably would've preferred it, by comparison. Exploration and wonder? Really, let's just inject some Asia into WoW, casters can run around in cheongsams, and add fat pandas. Did I sum it all up? Please tell me if I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif View Post
    Chaud,

I see in your Peripherals/Monitors list you have Keyboards, Mice, Monitors and Speakers, Have you considered added a head set/microphone section?

There are many people like myself and my Girlfriend who prefer to use "Headsets" rather than speakers, having 2 speakers going in a room wile we are both raiding or doing different dungeons can cause a lot of issues. And i think most people will agree that a good headset can me as important as a good speaker/sound system.
    Nope, I already hesitate with including some of the things in that section. I don't have enough experience with higher end headsets to be confident in recommending something, and there are a lot of bad cheaper headsets. I don't have the time currently to catch up on it, but I would like to expand to include a larger selection of cases and maybe some more peripherals in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I can't believe they actually said that there was a different xpac in developement, and then they changed it to MoP. That makes me think even more that Blizz is just playing it by ear, and that Mists is going to suck balls because it wasn't given the proper development time. "Exploration and wonder" my ass. Exploration is over within the first week. It's the content that drives the game, and if that suffered because they wanted to change directions, then MoP will backfire in their faces.
    If you read the source article you'd have found out that the original idea was at "initial planning and background lore" state when they replaced it with Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I can't believe they actually said that there was a different xpac in developement, and then they changed it to MoP. That makes me think even more that Blizz is just playing it by ear, and that Mists is going to suck balls because it wasn't given the proper development time. "Exploration and wonder" my ass. Exploration is over within the first week. It's the content that drives the game, and if that suffered because they wanted to change directions, then MoP will backfire in their faces.
    Wasn't given enough time? From what I've heard from the vast, vast majority of people playing the beta, they love it. Seeing as that's the content they've BEEN working on, it doesn't seem that it didn't "not receive enough attention"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I for one love the idea of exploring an entirely new continent. Probably wouldn't have cared if it was some other new continent, but I'm glad they are expanding on what little we know about the Pandaren. It was always a little odd to have Chen help found Orgrimmar along with Rexxar and then mostly ignore his existance while Rexxar got involved in a small number of quests and rediscovered his race.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    If you read the source article you'd have found out that the original idea was at "initial planning and background lore" state when they replaced it with Mists.
    And, given that Blizzard mentioned they were basically planning 'Cataclysm's successor' back when Cataclysm was first announced, it's very likely the 'initial planning and background lore' stage of development was little more than a page of concepts they decided to change long before ever making a new model or landscape.

Three things:
    1 - awwww,Lei Shi looks so sad! I haven't done much in the way of raiding, but that encounter sounds like an interesting one - a boss who's scared of you. Has something like it been done before?
    2 - If they're going for a "back to it's roots" feel with MoP, with exploration and all that, then they've really got to cut back on the scripted storytelling. Cata often felt like a story that was already written and that my character was just a 'generic hero' inserted to move the narrative along. There's a time and place for all that phasing and funneling, but I hope they don't overdo it in MoP.
    3 - that 'lock art is really distinctive and wonderful. I'd like to see more artists take on WoW with differing styles.

All I can say is there will never be another quality raid like ulduar again, these bosses look terrible in comparison and I expect the next 2 tiers of the expansion to be much worse like it was in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching that video, I'm filled with a sense of dread when I think of trying to do that daily while there's dozens of other players around. :S
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Aerofluff View Post
    It's funny that they never say precisely what the other expansion's theme would've been. Because I bet that a majority of people probably would've preferred it, by comparison. Exploration and wonder? Really, let's just inject some Asia into WoW, casters can run around in cheongsams, and add fat pandas. Did I sum it all up? Please tell me if I'm missing something.
    Obviously they're not saying because they're not gonna start hyping for another expansion that very well might be made in the future before this one is even out.

Maybe they realized that they can milk WoW some more before giving us the Burning Legion expansion a lot of us have been waiting on since TBC/WotLK. It's funny though, they said Cataclysm was supposed to go back to the roots with 1-60 zones, the Twilight Cult and black dragonflight returning, and then that the expansion would be a lot about PvP. Mist feels pretty much like attempt two, and they haven't exactly gotten better at developing the game since, just worse somehow.

Deleted
    Also, remember that there is a huge difference between reasonable and optional. If adding an ability to your rotation improves your DPS by 1% then it might not be worth worrying about. I actually wish guides would focus a little more on describing both the "90% rotation" as well as the "theoretically highest rotation."

That would all fine and dandy if it were not for a fact that there exists something like PQR which throws your "90% rotation" out of equation and leaves everyone with the ability to execute perfect rotations without a slighest effort. Unless they fix that, all this speech of complex/optional rotations is nothing more than hoarse shit in which cheaters win and legitimate players suffer.

And yes I will mention that thing's name in order raise awarness about it in order to force blizzard to finally break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    That would all fine and dandy if it were not for a fact that there exists something like PQR which throws your "90% rotation" out of equation and leaves everyone with the ability to execute perfect rotations without a slighest effort.
    I imagine they aren't really interested in designing the game around illegal bots.

Deleted
    but ultimately if you don't like a restaurant's food, you should probably go to another restaurant, not try and change the menu.
    Most awesome GM response in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Oh goody.

Incoming resurgence of people complaining about MoP...

Anyway, I'm interested in what this expansion could have been. Seeing as they did some work on it, perhaps they'll choose it as the next expansion, and roll it out sooner. The most obvious avenue would be either emerald dream/Queen Azshara or Burning Legion.
    I think popular opinion held that it was Emerald Dream.

Good to see the 3 components I just bought yesterday are exactly what's on this list. I hope that means I know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    I think popular opinion held that it was Emerald Dream.
    Except that since the Stormrage novel there are only small pockets of Nightmare left.
    Not to mention Malfurion got enough screentime in Cataclysm anyways (Darkshore quest, Mt Hyjal quests including fighting against Ragnaros, Molten Front stuff, HC Ragnaros fight).

Deleted
    Do yourself a favor and DON'T buy the Razer BlackWidow. I've used mine for 3 weeks now and the WASD keys are all faded. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Travanoid View Post
    People who played Warcraft III explored parts of Northrend.
    Except that we're all talking about World of Warcraft's roots (wich means classic, that we're sure ppl also played in azeroth in previous Warcraft games)... not previous games.

That panda has got some anger issues oO

Love the Unicorn build. Shame it costs 40% more for the full build on british amazon (1364gbp so around 2169usd) :/ And there's my crappy Poland where it's even more expensive. It's like - the bigger country economy the cheaper electronics are... For the amount of work I would have to do to buy it person on same position in usa could most likely get 2 of them... FML