Deleted

Wink Prepatch high damage, post your experience (incoming or outgoing)

ok first off im not complaining, well not entirely at least, and from the moment i saw that in my screen up untill i wrote this thread i lol'd my ass off.

So, i was testing fury in pvp (quite fun tbh) and this happened:

Granted he had legendary but neither of us had berserking, both self buffed (since we both had died seconds before this).
    I lol'd sooo much when i saw it in my log, the first 3 seconds i tried to actually believe i saw that numbers but then i started laughing so much that i almost cried.
    Anyway gg to that lock, you gave me something to remember and tell, like back in cata prepatch where a frost mage globaled me (literaly it was invis->sheep->frostbolt/icelance in the same gcd->dead)

Again im not complaining, i know its tuned for 90 and such, just wanted to share my experience......

Your turn now, post your absurd numers
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2012-09-03 at 01:28 AM. Reason: typos

Low level BGs are horrid, holy paladins are just one shotting constantly

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not screen shot it, but I've been able to crit around 80k on some poor soul in a BG with Arcane Blast at 6 stacks, and my girlfirend's Moonkin has also managed that with Starfire/Starsurge in an Eclipse state.

It's pretty silly.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Didn't see the damage but i killed like 3 people at the same time with lynx rush and everything else popped. Fun times.

<= BM Hunter cause other specs are useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    80k Holy Shock Crits on PvE geared players in bgs. LOLShockadin

/popcorn enthusiast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some randoms this morning. I'm not enjoying it. Near full Cata geared disco priest being 4 shot in a stun isn't my idea of fun.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Did some randoms this morning. I'm not enjoying it. Near full Cata geared disco priest being 4 shot in a stun isn't my idea of fun.
    No way man, totally balanced for 90.

Totally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using this time to level up all my alts that havn't hit cap, not as grindy as I remembered lol

Chaos Bolt is a Warlock's long-cast time "finisher" (requires a burning ember), and those were both crits. My advice: interrupt freecasting locks.

Not saying it's balanced, but this is hardly unavoidable damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    There is no such thing as a "4-shot". There's getting 1-shot, maaaaaaybe 2-shot, and then there's just dying really fast. For instance, in the space of a stun. Which is OP (assuming only 1 person is hitting you) but not the same thing as a 1-shot at all. People really abuse the "X-shot" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Chaos Bolt is a Warlock's long-cast time "finisher" (requires a burning ember), and those were both crits. My advice: interrupt freecasting locks.

There is no such thing as a "4-shot". There's getting 1-shot, maaaaaaybe 2-shot, and then there's just dying really fast. For instance, in the space of a stun. Which is OP (assuming only 1 person is hitting you) but not the same thing as a 1-shot at all. People really abuse the "X-shot" thing.
    When you've spent over 200,000 Honor/Conquest Points on gear that's supposed to reduce that damage, yeah, you can put the 4-shot thing because it's just as ludicrous as 1-shot.

Highest chaos bolt I've seen so far is 203k, had berserking and was on a fresh 85 pally. The norm seems to be 50-60k on fully geared players however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hoped you could see past the "splitting hairs from the guy who's primary language is not English" here.

What I was trying to get across is that it's not fun to PvP right now, because you die so easily, despite being reasonably geared.

I know it's balanced for 90, so I'm just gonna lay off PvP for now and rejoin the mayhem in MoP.
    Warlock (SL main)

When I played my lock in WSG 5 man premade I managed to do a bit over 41 million damage in a 22 minute match vs another premade. I think nr 2 was a fire mage around 20 millions. However I feel I die more since when dark bargain/unending resolve is on CD and I dont have soul link.

On my ret I manage to dish out massive punishment with CD's up but with no wings/zealotry I cant do much. However no CD on WoG and instant FoL's are good things to have when I need to save my team mates.

Deleted

Yeah, both were crits. It's quite a surprise that this was the case considering that the ability always crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    When you've spent over 200,000 Honor/Conquest Points on gear that's supposed to reduce that damage, yeah, you can put the 4-shot thing because it's just as ludicrous as 1-shot.
    Not sure what gear you're buying for 200k honor bruv

I have full cataclysmic gear on my rogue (390 with the first stage legendaries) and I was crit for 78k by a fully cataclysmic warlock with chaos bolt. It was in the middle of a big fight and I was on healer, hence why I didn't interrupt it. This made my jaw drop as I never expected to be crit for so much on my only fully geared pvp character. I'm pretty sure there was no berserking involved, but I can't be certain as I wasn't attacking or even looking at him until I died.

There have been several other high crits from warlocks with chaos bolt as well. Hot dang it's a powerful spell.

To counter this though, I crit an undergeared (he had roughly 134k HP buffed) holy priest for 78k with eviscerate and without berkserking. I actually felt sorry for the guy. I knew his pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Yeah, both were crits. It's quite a surprise that this was the case considering that the ability always crits.
    ^^

OT: Paladins in general are a pain in the ass (Im a paladin myself), both high level and ESPECIALLY low level Bgs because of "Glyph of Harsh Words", the 100% healing to damage conversion is stupid XD