[Protection] Ulduar - General Vezax post-5.0.4

Last night I was doing an Ulduar run for some transmog gear, the group I was with wanted to do the General Vezax achievement for the meta (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3...ning-10-player).

I didn't really think much of it since I never had any problems previously so we started the fight with me as the only tank.
    Not long in to the fight I realise I have a problem... no mana.

With no Sanctuary or Divine Plea and Guarded by the Light and Seal of Insight not working on this fight I found myself unable to do anything other than auto-attack and hope it was enough to keep his attention. When the Animus came I again had only auto-attack. We ended up wiping due to the DPS grabbing aggro.
    Second time around I tried to save mana and used Holy Avenger for burst threat, which let me JUST keep him on me with auto-attack for the rest of the fight.

At 85 it's a nuisance, but for anyone trying this at 80 I'm not sure a Paladin tank could do this anymore.

Is there something I'm forgetting that could have helped or is this total oversight by Blizz?
    (I don't blame them and to be honest don't expect they'd fix a single achievement in an old raid instance, but having Guarded by the Light partially working on the fight would make more sense).

Its an oversight, considering it is only supposed to effect casters, ret and prot always had an immunity from the regen halting ability in cata atleast, I can't speak for pre-cata.
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2012-09-03 at 09:44 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing this is a poor oversight by Blizzard, but making sure everything mechanic-wise in old content was ok when eventual new content was released never really was their forte.

Simply a mistake that blizz may never fix, old content is not there priority sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertitan View Post
    Simply a mistake that blizz may never fix, old content is not there priority sadly.
    I don't see how this is a sad thing. It's annoying but Anub in TOC hc is still shithard due to something which could be fixed but they won't. If they went back and fixed this shit then the next time people want more content, they'd be all "why you spending so much time on that shit rather than new raids?!"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Same problem here as retribution.

Also, 15 seconds cooldown on Rebuke hurt a lot in this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemos View Post
    Same problem here as retribution.

Also, 15 seconds cooldown on Rebuke hurt a lot in this fight.
    ....!

Did they decide 10s interrupts were too much? Did warriors and rogues (and ferals) got their interrupt cooldown increased also?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't see how this is a sad thing. It's annoying but Anub in TOC hc is still shithard due to something which could be fixed but they won't. If they went back and fixed this shit then the next time people want more content, they'd be all "why you spending so much time on that shit rather than new raids?!"
    Actually, you pop hero and zerg Anub. Nothing overly difficult about him unless everyone is pulling 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Actually, you pop hero and zerg Anub. Nothing overly difficult about him unless everyone is pulling 10k.
    The heal can be brutal. I've done it a few times this expansion, and the sheer increase in our health pools mean he heals for a ton unless you can burst like crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Did they decide 10s interrupts were too much? Did warriors and rogues (and ferals) got their interrupt cooldown increased also?
    All interrupt cooldowns except Wind Shear (12s) are 15 seconds or longer.

15 second interrupt? How can you interrupt, I thought just like pre-patch I would be fine on mana, ~1-2 interrupts in I was OOM for the rest of the fight, LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The heal can be brutal. I've done it a few times this expansion, and the sheer increase in our health pools mean he heals for a ton unless you can burst like crazy.
    Actually, I just have everyone unequip everything, then reequip right before we enter combat. He barely leeches anything, and with 25 lusted 85's, it's pretty easy to kill him.

I managed to 2 man him yesterday by using the green bubbles to regen mana. I'd say you should forget about the meta achievement unless you had enough people to make it a min long fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never been that oom before in a boss fight. It was embarrassing when I didn't have mana to rebuke even.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I did it 25m this week on HM for Fragments OFC and ya, make sure you bring rogues/warriors/ferals I always 25 man Ulduar hardmodes. One reason being most leave after/or when we tell them we are doing "Quick Shave" this week and will do Iron Dwarf next week