Scammed, curious how helpful Blizzard will be.

As the titles states i was scammed. I paid 100k for Heroic Rag in Firelands kill and the mount that drops off of it, I have a screenshot of him agreeing with this and when we would do it. After that point he put me on ignore and every alt I got on, and then proceeded to log off. Ive bought mounts like this before and this is basically the same way ive done it every time. Im simply curious as to peoples experiences with blizzard regarding these situations and how helpful they will be.

they might not help you, i guess it depends.

when i was scammed I opened a ticket and GM told me NOT to contact them anymore or they will suspend my account!!! good luck
    Last edited by Mazaxist; 2012-09-03 at 05:21 PM.

I'm positive they will help you since it can be easily proven... good luck either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    As the titles states i was scammed. I paid 100k for Heroic Rag in Firelands kill and the mount that drops off of it, I have a screenshot of him agreeing with this and when we would do it. After that point he put me on ignore and every alt I got on, and then proceeded to log off. Ive bought mounts like this before and this is basically the same way ive done it every time. Im simply curious as to peoples experiences with blizzard regarding these situations and how helpful they will be.
    Honestly, you should have just mad your own group and did it on normal as it drops on normal 100% atm.

Other than that as long as there is a in game conversation which has both parties agreeing to the trade. "Player X carries Player Y to H Rag specifically for the mount (not just the kill/title.) In Exchange for the 100k" They should be able to at least give you the gold back.

Next time buy it from a reputable guild on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's likely that Blizzard will not help you, because that isn't a "supported transaction". The most that will happen is, that guy gets a temp ban or loses the money, but you will not get your gold back or the mount.

If in chat logs you agreed to pay for the mount drop they should at least remove the gold from him and give it back to you

Looks like you will probably get your gold back or the mount and he will receive a ban Probably either way.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

You'll be able to get your money back.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he agreed to give you the mount for the money then yes, you will at least get your money back. GM's can check the logs, they don't need or want screenshots.

And the person who scammed will get some sort of ban.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-09-03 at 05:27 PM.

Must be doubly painful today knowing you can get this mount 100% from a normal rag kill.

I don't think they will help you on this one, but you absolutely have to try. Even if there is a tiny possibility - wouldn't it be better to know this douche lost that money he took from you. And it gets his name/account on their radar - so if he tries again maybe the next time they'll see he has a pattern of earning easy money on WoW.

As long as it's in the chat (not Vent / Mumble) Blizzard will most likely be able to help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the conversation took place ingame Blizz is likely to refund you, just make sure you give as much details in your ticket as you can including the time the conversation happened

EDIT: The according to the official Blizz page you will get your stuff back, if it was discussed in game

Link: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scam-policy
    Last edited by Decra; 2012-09-03 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had something very similar happen to me, and I made doubley sure to get it all in a conversation within World of Warcraft and took screenshots. At the end of the day the GM gave me 15 different run arounds about how "it's not a supported transaction so they are unable to give me my gold back".

Deleted
    Be online when they answer your ticket. From my experience gm's tend to just decline your claim when you're not online due to time.

To answer all the questions, I didnt know ti dropped from normal when i did this. All of our talking took place in game and I have the screenshot of him agreeing exactly to our deal, and this has to be a legal transaction because its been going on since late BC for various items/titles, maybe even sooner. I was new to the server <Illidan> US and i looked at the guy and his guild and they seemed good enough to do Herioc Rag.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Illidan> US
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy
    A bit late now, other then that guy people have been about the same.

Deleted
    It all depends on whether this is a supported trade action by Blizzard. If the same thing would happen when buying a guild, you'd be screwed. You wouldn't get the gold back and the seller wouldn't get banned. I think this is unsupported, too, and nothing will be done about it.

and this has to be a legal transaction because its been going on since late BC for various items/titles
    Just because it has been done often, does not make it a 'legal' transaction (and by 'legal' I mean supported by Blizzard). Same as selling guilds. Has been going on since guild levels, but is not supported and you will not be helped when scammed.

All you can do is give it a try, make a ticket, see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    It all depends on whether this is a supported trade action by Blizzard. If the same thing would happen when buying a guild, you'd be screwed. You wouldn't get the gold back and the seller wouldn't get banned. I think this is unsupported, too, and nothing will be done about it.

Just because it has been done often, does not make it a 'legal' transaction (and by 'legal' I mean supported by Blizzard). Same as selling guilds. Has been going on since guild levels, but is not supported and you will not be helped when scammed.

All you can do is give it a try, make a ticket, see what happens.
    I dont see why this wouldnt be legal. You are buying an in game item with in game currency, I cant seem to imagine anything about that being against the rules.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    Be online when they answer your ticket. From my experience gm's tend to just decline your claim when you're not online due to time.
    A bit late for that, not much I can do now but wait and hope.