Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Enhance PVP - what are you doing?

Just wondering what everyone is doing as far as talents, gemming, reforging, glyphs ect....

Is the focus out of gemming straight agility to pvp power?

talents and glyphs, imo of course

-bulwark
    -frozen power
    -totemic restoration
    -echo
    -healing tide
    -unleashed fury

glyphs:
    -sham rage
    -ghost wolf
    -healing storm

helpful: forget blizzard ever gave you back old fire nova totem.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe mastery is still up top.

talents:
    -Cannot tell yet (undecided), will depend on numbers. 25% hp heals every 30 seconds sounds not to bad, though I prefer an ability preventing me to go down to low hp rather than one popping up at the last moment (SBT)
    -Frozen Power (pretty much mandatory)
    -CotE or TR. TR sadly isn't as good as we first thought. CotE went down to 3 min cd, but only includes low cd totems now. well, it will reset SBT, so that's a synergy to look out for
    -Though an instant heal every minute sounds tempting, I fear that haste wont be as useful in pvp as it will be in pve, hence EotE probably still being the best bet
    -AG > HTT I think. HTT wont work with CotE and with a 3 min cd and low health it probably wont ever pulse fully in high rated pvp. AG esp with popped dps cooldowns is bound to heal A LOT. I consider both options though.
    -Unleash Fury (no brainer with the sprint, but additional absorb and damage are also nice). Annoying to use, but the most flexible and powerful talent for enh pvp

gemming/reforge:
    -spell/special capped is a must. Without subscription I haven't yet experiemented with the new exp/hit system yet, so dunno who to build that up. You wanna have all your important spells hit though, same for Ascendence damage.
    -With twice as strong secondary stat gems, mastery may outperform agility damage-wise, but agility also increases dodge (does it still affect armor?) and affects non-magical damage sources also, which have a higher percentage in pvp
    -Dunno about pvp power, probably mix that into it/gem-reforging it instead of agi/mastery, depending on how strong it'll be.

my hunch for pvp is exp/hit till spell/special caps, then agi/mastery+pvp power. Crit/haste will probably be reforged.

glyphs:
    mandatory: GW
    pretty much mandatory: Healing Storm
    optional: Purge or, if no dispeller avaiable, SR. If I have both offensive and defensive dispell among my allies, I'd say glyph of hex or CPT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Not to sound negative but I feel as if Enhance is one of the weakest specs on the beta and definitely live for pvp. I have all the classes at 85 and don't really have a main. Most of the classes/specs I play are medium to great in pvp right now except Enhance. I get destroyed by both melee and casters. We lost too much mobility going into this patch. Without Earthen Power we get roasted by casters. Enhance may have nice self heals but it is just not enough. I'm also having major mana problems and that is without hard casting heals and abusing purge. Elemental on the other hand is pretty good.

girl, you crazy.
    Maeros@Illidan

I find Totemic Restoration to be quite useless since most people don't target totems in normal BGs, hell, even in RBGs. It may be a lot more useful once we start doing Arenas, but speaking for myself, I think the capacitor-projection combo is just too good.

Atm, it's kinda hard to get someone hit by the capacitor without the projection. It's mainly due to the large environment of BGs, people just don't stand there, they always move. It might be useful for flags such as AB or Gilneas, but in normals BGs like WG/TP, you rarely get a stun without a projection or you just stun someone you don't want to!

The rest if pretty much what you want. Astral Shift/ Bulwark are both very good. Same for Guidance/Healing Tide, both good, all comes down to your preference. Same for the glyphs, use what you feel fits your style the most.

Quote Originally Posted by joak22 View Post
    I find Totemic Restoration to be quite useless since most people don't target totems in normal BGs, hell, even in RBGs. It may be a lot more useful once we start doing Arenas, but speaking for myself, I think the capacitor-projection combo is just too good.

Atm, it's kinda hard to get someone hit by the capacitor without the projection. It's mainly due to the large environment of BGs, people just don't stand there, they always move. It might be useful for flags such as AB or Gilneas, but in normals BGs like WG/TP, you rarely get a stun without a projection or you just stun someone you don't want to!

The rest if pretty much what you want. Astral Shift/ Bulwark are both very good. Same for Guidance/Healing Tide, both good, all comes down to your preference. Same for the glyphs, use what you feel fits your style the most.
    Useless???? ~ 50% cooldown on Tremor, Grounding, Earthgrab (if you talent it), and Bulwark (if you talent it). Hadley useless

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    talents and glyphs, imo of course

-bulwark
    -frozen power
    -totemic restoration
    -echo
    -healing tide
    -unleashed fury

glyphs:
    -sham rage
    -ghost wolf
    -healing storm

helpful: forget blizzard ever gave you back old fire nova totem.
    i agree although i'm not sure about the 3. glyph:
    Shamrage, purge, spiritwalk and hex are all good.
    (shamrage is somewhat a double edged sword with unstable affliction and vampiric touch; i just hate mages enough to use it^^)
    I see dark times comming, we may be top 1 damage in MoP, but if we can't connect that's worthless, there is so much cc flying around. (/doom xD)
    The loss of earthen power fucked up my playstyle hard. I hope the bigger lifepools will help.

CT is a nice defcd for casters i cant hit anything with TP while jumping around in melee. (yeah i'm that bad )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    talents:
    -Cannot tell yet (undecided), will depend on numbers. 25% hp heals every 30 seconds sounds not to bad, though I prefer an ability preventing me to go down to low hp rather than one popping up at the last moment (SBT)
    -Frozen Power (pretty much mandatory)
    -CotE or TR. TR sadly isn't as good as we first thought. CotE went down to 3 min cd, but only includes low cd totems now. well, it will reset SBT, so that's a synergy to look out for
    -Though an instant heal every minute sounds tempting, I fear that haste wont be as useful in pvp as it will be in pve, hence EotE probably still being the best bet
    -AG > HTT I think. HTT wont work with CotE and with a 3 min cd and low health it probably wont ever pulse fully in high rated pvp. AG esp with popped dps cooldowns is bound to heal A LOT. I consider both options though.
    -Unleash Fury (no brainer with the sprint, but additional absorb and damage are also nice). Annoying to use, but the most flexible and powerful talent for enh pvp

gemming/reforge:
    -spell/special capped is a must. Without subscription I haven't yet experiemented with the new exp/hit system yet, so dunno who to build that up. You wanna have all your important spells hit though, same for Ascendence damage.
    -With twice as strong secondary stat gems, mastery may outperform agility damage-wise, but agility also increases dodge (does it still affect armor?) and affects non-magical damage sources also, which have a higher percentage in pvp
    -Dunno about pvp power, probably mix that into it/gem-reforging it instead of agi/mastery, depending on how strong it'll be.

my hunch for pvp is exp/hit till spell/special caps, then agi/mastery+pvp power. Crit/haste will probably be reforged.

glyphs:
    mandatory: GW
    pretty much mandatory: Healing Storm
    optional: Purge or, if no dispeller avaiable, SR. If I have both offensive and defensive dispell among my allies, I'd say glyph of hex or CPT.
    Of you manage to place healing tide totem a clever place, it will be a lose/lose situation for the opposite team since they will lose pressure by running and killing it.

Funny how you claim GW to be mandatory. I'd prefer 22,5 % lower CD on hex. Hex is key for enhance, since it's instant/nearly unpreventable. Also healing storm isn't that good. It's randomly 10% for 6 sec, and it's only helpful against magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Of you manage to place healing tide totem a clever place, it will be a lose/lose situation for the opposite team since they will lose pressure by running and killing it.

Funny how you claim GW to be mandatory. I'd prefer 22,5 % lower CD on hex. Hex is key for enhance, since it's instant/nearly unpreventable. Also healing storm isn't that good. It's randomly 10% for 6 sec, and it's only helpful against magic.
    GW is pretty much mandatory for any PvP spec (resto/elemental for kiting and enh for anti-kiting).

Healing Storm isn't the same as the glyph for healing stream totem.

As enh you are mostly where your enemies are, hence not possible except you take TP. Totems also still have a range, and I am not sure it works through solid objects. If you have a ranged among your enemies, a quick ice lance will take care of it anyways.

People on live seem to complain about a loss of mobility (loss of Earthern Power), and that's likely people who already have the glyph. W/o the glyph we lose even more mobility. Among enhances' biggest weaknesses now is mobility (even if you go for the maximum with the GW glyph, UF:FB and either FE or WWT). It's a given that the glyph and talents are first choice for any competitive enh (or rather, any enh who wants to be competitive) to take.

A lack of mobility is also the cause of the big mana problems (another of the biggest weaknesses now). W/o mobility, there's no melee contact, w/o that there's no mana and we're completely useless. W/o melee contact we have no MSW charges, making selfheal/hex easily interruptable (and how many interruptable casts do we have to get a safe cast for hex)m easily devalueing a Hex glyph. W/o melee contact, we cannot put pressure out and force others to play defensively, enhancing our own defense. W/o mobility, we cannot escape good either.

In short: mobility can be seen as the foundation of pretty much everything in pvp. Enh is less mobile than others, and more dependant on mobility, hence it sucks.
    I dont think enh will get much better with UF either, because we're mostly down to snares and speed increases, which cannot compare to a instant gap closer or the freedom/sprint combo rets have.

And Healing Storm increases the healing done by MSW by 20% for every charge, which is a doubled heal at 5 charges (which is pretty much mandatory, yes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Ghost wolf is mandatory if you don't have it you aren't going to catch or get away from anybody worth shit.

I dont think GW glyph is mandatory. Checking many enh pvp beta videos i dont see them using ghostwolf. Btw, doing 3s and knowing which set up u face u will change many times the glyphs. For example, if u face a disc priest, probably purge glyph will be mandatory but almost useless vs phd for example. Maybe vs rmp, shamanistic rage could be great.

Doing BGs i dont see ghostwolf using so much:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaddN...eature=g-all-u

Yes, our movility sucks but i dont think GW glyph would be good enough to spend one major glyph there. It seems our movility depends on our teammates (giving us freedom, dispelling, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    i agree although i'm not sure about the 3. glyph:
    Shamrage, purge, spiritwalk and hex are all good.
    (shamrage is somewhat a double edged sword with unstable affliction and vampiric touch; i just hate mages enough to use it^^)
    I see dark times comming, we may be top 1 damage in MoP, but if we can't connect that's worthless, there is so much cc flying around. (/doom xD)
    The loss of earthen power fucked up my playstyle hard. I hope the bigger lifepools will help.

CT is a nice defcd for casters i cant hit anything with TP while jumping around in melee. (yeah i'm that bad )
    you no longer eat ua silences, vt fear, or ua damage with the sham rage glyph.
    Maeros@Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    you no longer eat ua silences, vt fear, or ua damage with the sham rage glyph.
    Ohh well, i didn't test it and damage came in so fast and i got silenced so often i asumed nothing had changed in that regard (i dropped tremortotems before Shamrage against SPs). Thank you very much for the information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aldreya View Post

Yes, our movility sucks but i dont think GW glyph would be good enough to spend one major glyph there. It seems our movility depends on our teammates (giving us freedom, dispelling, etc)
    Well, i can partly agree with you, but since dispelling now got cooldown aswell, i think GW will be mandatory in arenas. In bgs i'd rather take other glpyhs. But as far as arena is concerned i'll go with Healing Storm, GW and Purge glyph.
    We simply cant rely always on our teammates to provide us with mobility. As you already pointed out, purge glpyh might not be always your choice, there you can go with shamanistic or even spirit walk. I wont go with hex, since the other glyphs are too important.

But again, we are at 85 now, and i havent played lvl 90 arenas yet, but we will see how it will work out ;-)

Mana is becoming a huge issue vs casters. If you can't keep much uptime on them (which is harder now bcuz of lack of mobility) you run out of mana fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Mana is becoming a huge issue vs casters. If you can't keep much uptime on them (which is harder now bcuz of lack of mobility) you run out of mana fast.
    yesterday evening i did some wargames in 3s. It feels like, we regenrate less mana than before (with autohits, ...). Once i'm oom (due to purge or offhealing) it is very hard to gain mana back, even when you have your 10 secs uptime on your "caster-target", you wont be at 50% mana, but rather at 25%.

Feels ab bit awkward, but besides that, enh feels pretty "bursty" already (with fire elemental, wolves and trinket), cant wait for ascendance ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    i feel like this is more of an issue in a 1v1 situation like duels or BGs. in a 3v3 setting you should have more uptime and your mana is slightly less punishing. i dont see it being much different than how oom enh was at times in cata. just have to know when to stop purging when you're kited.
    Maeros@Illidan