Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    apparently once we get unleash at 90 paired with frostbrand and GW we have silly amount of mobility, but as far as snares it would be nice to have earthbind talent that removed snares back again

Quote Originally Posted by Recursiv View Post
    I don't see how, actually right now it's pretty awful. Breaks on the slightest amount of damage (I've had it break from a fire shock tick).
    Well, with SF as a dot gone, FS will be the last one we have. FrS itself is used for the freeze, ES also brings the heafty damage dealt debuff. As such, you'll hardly use FS as enh. If you dont team up with heavy dot casters or freeze your taget while you're mauling it, FP shouldn't encounter problems with that. Besides; EGT's root breaks just as easy.

GW glyph helps, considering we can snare them for 50% and run at 100% ourselves. I would like a pulsating totem with a decently low CD that removed snares from the shaman. I think that'd be a fair balance, totem could be killed, but say 45 sec cd or so and it could be nice.
    Enh had that for a while (baseline), with the instant cast being pretty much attainable w/o sacrifices being made. Still, enh was no mobility monster ever since it got that snare repressal. We've had Spirit Walk with freedom and earthern power as well. Still we were not OP in terms of mobility since they nerfed Earthern Power back then. In terms of mobility, all enh got is the FB sprint and FP in melee range (oh and I guess Ascendence will double as a sort of gap closer). With the losses we had though, I expect enh to have lots of mobility probs when Ascendence is on cooldown.

Rather than having it at 45 sec, we'd need a freedom effect every 25 sec or so, like ret. In MoP, we'll have 3 sprints: UF:FB, SW, and GW. Talk about over the top. I'd rather trade one of them for a realiable instant gap closer or freedom effect. Preferably UF, change the effect to a instant gap closer that works on both allies and enemies or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    apparently once we get unleash at 90 paired with frostbrand and GW we have silly amount of mobility, but as far as snares it would be nice to have earthbind talent that removed snares back again
    Does that give you a sprint even when snared (100%GW + UF FB)
    I honestly believe UF FB should also remove snares/roots or give earthen power back. This way we have something similar to blink, but only removes roots/snares and not stun.

And to reply to OP's question:
    I only play elemental in bg's since patch. I played enhance through whole cata and did quite allright, at least i didn't find it UP and you could outplay a lot of classes. Only downside was that not many comps were viable.
    Playing enhance in pvp since patch has been a quite frustrating experience. And it's quite sad to say that I never had trouble with an enhancer unless they pop all their cd's and I'm out of mine. Enhancement is so easily outplayed it's not fun anymore, loss of earthen power made them a joke. They are worse than warriors were in 4.3. I don't get it, enhancement wasn't OP and control/interrupts is what we had. We lost the interrupts, earthen power and got nothing in return (so far). UF has to be really good else I think enhance will be worse than it was in cata.
    On paper I should faceroll spriest and non fire mages, but I really need everything I have to beat them and barely survive. If something is on cd, i just sit there as a sitting duck and get crapped on my face with all their <30sec cd's. If this doesn't change I only see enhance working in zerg comps where you pop all cd's and global something (beastcleave eg). I really wish enhancement is not forced into such "high skill comps" as the gameplay is not compelling.

Deleted
    Playing enhance in pvp since patch has been a quite frustrating experience. And it's quite sad to say that I never had trouble with an enhancer unless they pop all their cd's and I'm out of mine. Enhancement is so easily outplayed it's not fun anymore, loss of earthen power made them a joke.
    Sadly, I have to agree with you.
    I made a decision not to touch PvP until our problems (mobility & mana.. mostly) have been resolved. I'm not a huge fan of PvP tho...
    PvE is another scenario, and I'm quite pleased with it atm. ^^
    PS. CpT is pretty horrible without the glyph...
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2012-09-27 at 06:00 AM. Reason: typo

At duels enhs are as good as always, keeping up with everyone depending on your skill...

But when it comes to bg... 1 frost mage in enemy team and thats it, you can just it in that snare...

One time I used SR and spirit walk in 2 secs and still got snared after half a sec... Just let go of my keyboard.

taking healing tide is straight retarded. It heals for nothing as enhance- ancestral guidance is what you get. It heals you for a shit ton/ amazing in pvp- Dont you people test this stuff at all?

Also haste is WAAAAYYY better for enhance in mop than it ever was making it our best secondary stat, so getting ancestral swiftness provides us with much more than echo ever would. I also take call of elements for double capacitor etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kroniks View Post
    taking healing tide is straight retarded. It heals for nothing as enhance- ancestral guidance is what you get. It heals you for a shit ton/ amazing in pvp- Dont you people test this stuff at all?

Also haste is WAAAAYYY better for enhance in mop than it ever was making it our best secondary stat, so getting ancestral swiftness provides us with much more than echo ever would. I also take call of elements for double capacitor etc
    This has to be tested. I can see mastery also working very well along wit echo. Still I think it will be a very close one, even a question of personel preference.

Have you tested how good it is when silenced? you can drop a totem while silenced, can't use use AG...
    or when you get kited by frost mage and there is nothing to hit?
    or better, you pop it and get stunned/disarmed...

Taking a talent that is so easily outplayed when your opponents have half a brain cell and saying the alternative is retarded...
    Maybe you should test stuff in a competitive environment? And actually see that both have their advantages and disadvantages.

HTT is always the same, AG is very situational, if you're cc'ed/stunned/disarmed, it's worse than HTT.
    In competitive arena, don't think your opponents will let you dps freely when you have AG up, or put a blanket silence on you when you're close to dying to prevent you using shieldwall/AG/SR/NS. And that's the shitty part, a lot of our "oh shit"-buttons can't be used when silenced, only totems can. And I think it's pretty retarded to discard that.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Have you tested how good it is when silenced? you can drop a totem while silenced, can't use use AG...
    or when you get kited by frost mage and there is nothing to hit?
    or better, you pop it and get stunned/disarmed...

Taking a talent that is so easily outplayed when your opponents have half a brain cell and saying the alternative is retarded...
    Maybe you should test stuff in a competitive environment? And actually see that both have their advantages and disadvantages.

HTT is always the same, AG is very situational, if you're cc'ed/stunned/disarmed, it's worse than HTT.
    In competitive arena, don't think your opponents will let you dps freely when you have AG up, or put a blanket silence on you when you're close to dying to prevent you using shieldwall/AG/SR/NS. And that's the shitty part, a lot of our "oh shit"-buttons can't be used when silenced, only totems can. And I think it's pretty retarded to discard that.
    HTT is a stick in the ground. At least with AG you can get in some healing from shocks, if you aren't able to pop Ascendance and use the ranged attacks from that.
    RETH

I'm going with NG first tier seems like the best defensive ability since its on a 30sec cd. Also going with AG over HTT because it feels more like an oh shit button in 3s. If a teamate is going doing i can do 40% more healing with a surge. And i chose Primal Elementalist as my last tier. Unleashed fury is good but the fact that we have water shield up so much makes it not worth as much. With PE i get a stun via earth elemental and a 20% damage reduction 10% healing bonus whenever i want while earth ele is up. Fire ele is more straight damage.

lol do you plan on dipping below 30% or whatever every 30 seconds? i played with NG on beta for 1 bg and it was extremely unpleasant.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

I don't have many problems with mobility with the Unleash Fury Frostbrand.

It's our lack of mana regen that's killing me.

As of right now, I am really liking enhance compared to last season, with the exception of mana problems. My partners started last night and we got up to 2k in 3s with a record of 24-13 (started with a mmr of 2100 - stupid mmr not resetting), might be pushing tonight or tomorrow night. The only comp right now we have trouble with is basically any comp with a mage, other than that if we can coordinate a good cc we can do incredible burst on someone and get the kill (we played a glad team and we killed them twice within 1min ><). What are your guys' thoughts so far on this season? I am doing enh/war/hpally same setup as last season.
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I don't have many problems with mobility with the Unleash Fury Frostbrand.

It's our lack of mana regen that's killing me.
    If you're snared at all UF frost brand does absolutely nothing, just like every sprint.

Enhance is at the bottom of the barrel mobility-wise. Not exactly like we've ever had spectacular mobility.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-04 at 11:08 PM.

Considering Echo of the Elements has a 30% proc rate compared to 4% for Ele and Resto specs, I'll take it more times than not, especially against melee cleaves.
    Last edited by infamousX; 2012-10-05 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any full pvp geared hancer that can comment on how our dmg is? Outside of cds

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Any full pvp geared hancer that can comment on how our dmg is? Outside of cds

Almost full PvP gear here. I can tell you that with 39% haste I hit crazy hard with Acendance up and I also have 18% haste so my sustained damage is pretty good. Crit isn't terrible anymore either, but it's clearly the reforge stat. I do recommend having quite a bit of haste if you want sustained damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    What weapon imbues combos are you guys going with?

I've been trying WF/RB for the dmg reduction.

Also what exactly are our caps in pvp? Asking due to the spell hit stuff so we might need more hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What weapon imbues combos are you guys going with?

I've been trying WF/RB for the dmg reduction.

Also what exactly are our caps in pvp? Asking due to the spell hit stuff so we might need more hit.
    I'd go with WF/FB, you can - though - have a third weapon in your inventory with rockbiter enchanted, to weapon swap, when you are getting focused hard.

On the hit stuff: We only need 3% melee hit and (maybe) 6% expertise (well i just dont want to get my Stormblasts getting dodged/parried).

Also I think, as far as gemming goes, pvp-power > agi > pvp-resil > mastery > haste > crit.
    Reforging: Hit > Exp (both until caps) > mastery > haste > crit

As for now, i think pvp-power is a better dps increase than agility (dont know if it will be the way to go, since we lose crit and dodge, when not gemming straight for agi).

Further testing has to be done, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    I'd go with WF/FB, you can - though - have a third weapon in your inventory with rockbiter enchanted, to weapon swap, when you are getting focused hard.

On the hit stuff: We only need 3% melee hit and (maybe) 6% expertise (well i just dont want to get my Stormblasts getting dodged/parried).

Also I think, as far as gemming goes, pvp-power > agi > pvp-resil > mastery > haste > crit.
    Reforging: Hit > Exp (both until caps) > mastery > haste > crit

As for now, i think pvp-power is a better dps increase than agility (dont know if it will be the way to go, since we lose crit and dodge, when not gemming straight for agi).

Further testing has to be done, i guess.
    Sidenote on the hit stuff: Hit + Expertise = Spellhit

I got all the haste offset items and then reforged to crit; our baseline crit is low so the uptime on flurry seemed very low, but i have no hard facts supporting this.