Leather/Cloth farming

Anyone know the best place to farm rawhide leather scraps, and jute scraps. i need a ton to level leatherworking, but i hardly getting any from farming. it's alot harder to get these since there is no direct waty to get them, unlike ore. please help if you know a good spot to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually farm bandits for their bags and item drops to salvage.

Two good ways for getting Leather, kill 'Beast' type monsters (they drop hides you can salvage), or kill Humanoids (they drop bag of loot with random assortment, cloth, and leather).

The beasts have a higher chance to drop leather, but then you would have to farm humanoids regardless if you wanted cloth.
    Not sure what else drops cloth though, besides armor drops from mobs. Maybe harpies?
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-09-04 at 04:05 AM.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Undead and centuars can drop cloth although centuars tend to gravitate more to leather in my experience. Almost any of the humanoid races can drop cloth to salvage and anything can drop gear, which if its light or medium armor will salvage to cloth/leather respectively.

While I dont need leather in any great quantity for my proffessions I do need cloth and I tend to just find mass killing DE's with a zerg nearby to be the best choice for farming. Focus your weapons on as much AOE as possible, the more targets you do enough damage for kill credit on the more loot drops you'll get.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-09-04 at 04:23 AM.

Who is John Galt?

I've been trying to farm jute in the bandit cave in Queensdale. Quick respawn rate, but the drop rates make it feel like Diablo 3.

I suspect maxing out crafting is not something I'll be doing in this game... I just can't be bothered

I find cooking easier than tailoring to max because of the lack of Jute.

I've also yet to have the AH up, I have just over 2gold I'm willing to spend on Jute because I have so much of the next two level cloths that my bank is full at 250 and I'm carrying a stack of each around with me, but Jute is just nonexistent.

Deleted
    I still find it odd that people are missing Jute.

Heck, my warrior is sitting on 50 Jute in his bags right now because the collectibles section is full on Jute, and I've got another stack of 250 in the regular bank.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I find cooking easier than tailoring to max because of the lack of Jute.

I've also yet to have the AH up, I have just over 2gold I'm willing to spend on Jute because I have so much of the next two level cloths that my bank is full at 250 and I'm carrying a stack of each around with me, but Jute is just nonexistent.
    Jute's pretty cheap on the AH when it is up, and you can always trade with people through mail- I've been doing it a ton and haven't gotten scammed once. Part of the reason for that might be that if someone scams you and you report them arena net will ban them.

Deleted
    male alt - send money to bank from main - take money out with alt - by gear (the generic merchants sell level appropriate gear to low level alts get low level cloth gear) - salvage to jute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    male alt - send money to bank from main - take money out with alt - by gear (the generic merchants sell level appropriate gear to low level alts get low level cloth gear) - salvage to jute.
    Love u...............

Deleted
    I'm nervous about doing things like this on any kind of large scale. People thought they were using the game legitimately before with the karma weapons before they were banned.

I would cruise around areas known for their invasion style events then aoe farm it all. I tend to move towards any event crawling with bandits or similar just so there are lots of bodies to pile up
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    i've noticed while farming multiple enemy's at once 3-6 enemy's, they start disappearing while i'm killing, i find it frustrating because i'm sure i'm losing loot

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this even possible.

I have already tryed to buy armor for vendors but then the game won t let me salvage it.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    Is this even possible.

I have already tryed to buy armor for vendors but then the game won t let me salvage it.
    depends on what it is. I dont think it works on the special armors, but it does (or at least did yesterday) work on the generic gear you get from normal merchants. The gear scales with level so if you are too high just jump on a lower level alt.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on what it is. I dont think it works on the special armors, but it does (or at least did yesterday) work on the generic gear you get from normal merchants. The gear scales with level so if you are too high just jump on a lower level alt.
    I did it yesterday on normal gear bougth from vendor, not karma vendors, btw im lvl 25 would the savage material be on the first tier of mats, jut etc?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain