Faerie Swarm(Talent) macro problem

My single Tank macro
    /castsequence reset=6 Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire,Lacerate
    When I chose to use the Faerie Swarm(Talent), the macro will be stuck in the place of Faerie Fire.

Faerie Swarm(Talent) is not chosen, the macro is working well.

Replace Faerie Fire spell with Faerie Swarm(Talent), do not cast Faerie Fire.

/castsequence reset=6 Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Swarm(Talent),Lacerate
    I think this is a bug.
    Last edited by scorpio0920; 2012-09-05 at 02:39 AM.

Why use " (Talent) " . It's to my knowledge that the talent replaces FF with a spell of the same name so leaving FF would be fine I guess.

Unless you mean you leave the macro as /castsequence reset=6 Thrash, Lacerate, Faerie Fire, Lacerate , and it can't find the talented spell?

Deleted
    Just to confirm what Juvencus said, /cast Faerie Fire casts Faerie Swarm instead if it is talented. You don't have to change your macro.
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2012-09-04 at 08:33 AM.

The problem is that Faerie Swarm talent cause the macro stuck in Faerie Fire.

/castsequence reset=6 Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire,Lacerate
    Last edited by scorpio0920; 2012-09-04 at 09:07 AM.

I can confirm what scorpio is saying. It seems like castsequence is bugged, and once you get to the "Faerie Fire" point in the sequence, it correctly casts Faerie Swarm, but it does not progress in the sequence as it is specifically waiting for the player to cast a spell named Faerie Fire.

Edit: That's what happens if you use "Faerie Fire" in the macro. If you use "Faerie Swarm" then it doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-04 at 09:44 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Thanks aggixx for me.

I sorry about my poor English instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I can confirm what scorpio is saying. It seems like castsequence is bugged, and once you get to the "Faerie Fire" point in the sequence, it correctly casts Faerie Swarm, but it does not progress in the sequence as it is specifically waiting for the player to cast a spell named Faerie Fire.

Edit: That's what happens if you use "Faerie Fire" in the macro. If you use "Faerie Swarm" then it doesn't work at all.
    Oh! I get you now. I also messed up with the Fire/Swarm in my first post. Have you tried opening both macro and spellbook and shift clicking the Swarm in the macro? It might transfer the full/correct name.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Oh! I get you now. I also messed up with the Fire/Swarm in my first post. Have you tried opening both macro and spellbook and shift clicking the Swarm in the macro? It might transfer the full/correct name.
    Faerie Swarm(Talent) is the shift+click spell

Put Faerie Swarm(Talent) in to the marco will no more cast Faerie Fire/Faerie Swarm.

Have you tried just "Faerie Swarm" ? Also have you tried checking the spell if name changes when you shift in bear form?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Have you tried just "Faerie Swarm" ? Also have you tried checking the spell if name changes when you shift in bear form?
    1. No, I will try it.

2. Yes, the same spell name. Faerie Swarm(Talent)

10+ Year Old Account
    what is with you people and cast sequence macros!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Uhh, maybe people enjoy being able to cast a rotation/opener with only 1 button?

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Uhh, maybe people enjoy being able to cast a rotation/opener with only 1 button?

Why macro to tank?
    there are two kind of abilities for guardian.

1. mangle.
    2. reset mangle cd abilities. (Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire)

Thrash cd 6s
    Lacerate cd 3s
    Faerie Fire 6s

We got the basic tank rotation in 6s duration

2x Lacerate
    1x Thrash
    1x Faerie Fire

I am having trouble with this as well. Having Faerie Swarm in the macro doesn't cast anything, changed it to Faerie Fire and now it casts it, but gets "stuck" and won't switch to my next ability (Rake).
    Sounds to me like it's a bug, hope it will be fixed soon.

Was not "reset" condition removed btw ? or its allowed in /castsequence only and not in /cast
    Last edited by Madus; 2012-10-03 at 06:51 AM.

reset is a parameter for the castsequence command only. I'm not even sure what you think it would do in a /cast.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer