Deleted

Ex wow player looking for new games

Because of my random times wow doesn't fit for me.

I eather want serious arena or serious 10m raiding guild. Anything with random players in wow is joke, frustrating and stupid.

So because of my unique times I'm looking 3 games that require skills and completely solo against players (not computers). Eather 1v1 or 1vs1vs1vs1 etc..

I guess it's eather fps/rts based?

RTS: In my mind comes sc2. Also I've heard of lol but don't know much about it. I never heard of dota2 eather. Maybe I go sc2 and wait for expansion or? How is lol or dota different from it.

Fps games I have no idea what there is in market. I personally hate mw where you can use some stupid bonuses to used helicopters and other overpowered bullcrap. I also hate counterstrike which is all about camping with awp:s, (don't know if that's still case.) I liked unreal tournament and q3 but they are bit outdated now I guess. I liked bit more fast phased and I liked that you had to know map to get little bonuses like armor, health etc. But I want something new because my graph card is pritty nice. Crysis I never heard of but it looks good. Anything new comming out?

Sorry for all nooby questions. Haven't played like any other games during 2 years. I really like arenas in wow but just can't do it properly with my casual times and don't get bad partner or let my partners down because need practise and schedule alot.
    Last edited by mmoc45b7dd6fb5; 2012-09-04 at 02:09 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    for 50$ Battlefield 3 is worth a look, comes with all expacs and all future ones. make sure you get the premium account, and not a regular one in a store or you will pay a shit load for map packs. its a great challenge and absolutely amazing to look at.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Try League of Legends, it's free so there is no reason not to.

It's easy to just play whenever you want but is much more fun with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forza 4! You get all the PvP you want, with enjoyable and challenging single player when you don't feel so social.

I've played the original DotA(and it's 100+ map versions), HoN and LoL, i have not yet tried DotA 2, but judging from the games i have played, i'd say HoN is the better game(excluding their communities).
    But of course that's only my own personal opinion, everyone likes different stuff.

FPS wise i don't really know, i haven't really played FPS in years, and i've never tried BF3 or CoD or similar fps games.
    The fps games i have finished are; all the Unreal Tournament/Quake games and Bullet Storm and also some CS many years ago, which are far from CoD/BF in play style.
    Judging by what i've heard from friends and others, the BF/CoD community is terrible.

If you have friends to play with, then D3 and SC2 are good games still, in my opinion D3 had a really good storyline, and barbarian is just pure fun, smashing through every demon you can find.

Racing games?; Only played through all the NFS series, which was fun back in the days, but other than that i can't say much about racing games.

Edit; Forgot to mention Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars & Kane's Wrath are awesome games too
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2012-09-04 at 03:52 PM.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    As previously mentioned, League of Legends or any other MOBA game might be worth taking a look at. You are always playing against and with players, and if you build your social network up with reliable players you can do some ranked matches. You can also do ranked solo, but I think that would run into issues due to playing with other random players.

I know you said 1v1v1 etc, but if you liked Unreal Tournament and Quake 3, you should take a look at Tribes: Ascend. It's not perfect, but I'd say it has a much higher skill ceiling than most FPS out there. It's also free to play!
    Last edited by kumduh; 2012-09-04 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    need to say that there are alot of troll and asses on LoL tho, played it a long time and realy got tired of it

RTS: Try Starcraft 2, it's the only RTS that i've played somewhat consistently

FPS: I'd try APB reloaded, it's free, and it's like an MMO version of GTA (grand theft auto). Been playing it for awhile, and it's been a blast. I'd recommend getting some friends to play this game with, but if you don't, you can still find some really cool people just floating around. Made a couple of good friends already.

Having quit WOW a few months ago, I, too, needed a change of pace, and these two games have accomplished that.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC2 for rts definitely
    HoN i would recommend as well; better than LoL graphics, gameplay, and balance. But beware both communities are known for the usual smack talking so don't get dishearten by that.
    FPS i would definitely recommend BF3
    And as for your random times you have, i definitely would try out Guild wars 2... No sub fee and awesome to play. i'm having a blast!

GOOD luck!

Structured PvP in Guild Wars 2 may be something you might be interested in. It seems to be mostly team based, but in Hot Join Play, you might get 1v1 matches. There's also Tournaments available in SPvP.

Another PvP mode you might be interested in is WvWvW: a three way battle between realms/servers.

There are no factions(like Horde vs Alliance) and dueling is not implemented, so those are out.

And no monthly fee!

Have you considered Guild Wars 2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    RTS: Try Starcraft 2, it's the only RTS that i've played somewhat consistently

FPS: I'd try APB reloaded, it's free, and it's like an MMO version of GTA (grand theft auto). Been playing it for awhile, and it's been a blast. I'd recommend getting some friends to play this game with, but if you don't, you can still find some really cool people just floating around. Made a couple of good friends already.

Having quit WOW a few months ago, I, too, needed a change of pace, and these two games have accomplished that.
    yeah i would say Starcraft 2 either,,, its a cool game especially if you're into it... Im a fan of Starcraft series btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    Have you considered Guild Wars 2?
    I agree., especially with no subs fee,, but still you've got to buy its key tho

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    for 50$ Battlefield 3 is worth a look, comes with all expacs and all future ones. make sure you get the premium account, and not a regular one in a store or you will pay a shit load for map packs. its a great challenge and absolutely amazing to look at.
    you bet,,, still playing Battlefield 3,, and I'm not gonna stop playing it,, yet,, lol