Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sacred shield macro

is it possible to macro sacred shield with another talent
    maybe with judgment or any other/longer lasting spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
    It's still on the GCD, so not really.

Unlike Holy Shield in 4.3.0, which was not, Sacred Shield most certainly is.

Deleted
    I can't fathom why you'd even do this. It lasts for 30 seconds, and is it really that hard to keep check on?

If your a clicker then I can understand why it would be such hell for you. If you use hot keys then its simple to add this spell to a key which is simple to press. For instance i use the Cataclysm steelseries mouse an i have a button right by my thumb on my mouse that I click which re-applies my sacred shield. Real simple stuff.

Of course your other option is to take Selfless Healer or Eternal flame atleast those don't need you to keep em up?... Jus sayin...

Edit: Just to add yes Sacred Shield is on the GCD so it is not wise to try macro it.
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2012-09-04 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't be able to make a sensible macro out of this unless you want to bind it to a taunt or WoG. Don't do either of those. It's a recipe for disaster.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You won't be able to make a sensible macro out of this unless you want to bind it to a taunt or WoG. Don't do either of those. It's a recipe for disaster.
    Word of Glory is off the GCD? This is news to me. It'd be possible to bind it to any ability off the GCD, like Avenging Wrath. It won't give any decent results though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Word of Glory is off the GCD? This is news to me. It'd be possible to bind it to any ability off the GCD, like Avenging Wrath. It won't give any decent results though.
    Yup, all our Holy Power spenders for prot (SHOTR/WoG/EF) are off the GCD. SHOTR definitely is, I might just be imagining things though still. On Sunday I had an "emergency" so bailed on the raid at the last minute. Twas an emergency trip to the pub, I got home and passed out so my memory from the past few days is still fuzzy D: I'll check!
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-09-04 at 03:24 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yup, all our Holy Power spenders for prot (SHOTR/WoG/EF) are off the GCD. SHOTR definitely is, I might just be imagining things though still. On Sunday I had an "emergency" so bailed on the raid at the last minute. Twas an emergency trip to the pub, I got home and passed out so my memory from the past few days is still fuzzy D: I'll check!
    this is true for other tanks' resource dumps. for example Shield Block/Shield Barrier for Warriors, Savage Defense/Frenzied Regeneration for Druids, are also not on the GCD.

Your best bet for managing sacred shield is to make an aura using power or weak auras to notify you when it's gone.

Deleted
    Another option is to get Vuhdo its useful for all classes not just healers

so simply put sacred shield on the other shield spell^^

sadly i can't do that since i mostly play 2nd tank and like to assist when i don't have a add hitting me. never thought keeping tack of 1 spell is hard .. but well i used to play druid and warlock so tracking stuff that is under 1min kinda sticks with you :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Power/Weak Auras and Vuhdo do different things and you could use either for both.

Power Auras and Weak Auras and NeedToKnow etc. can notify you whenever Sacred Shield is missing. If i am using Sacred Shield my Weak Auras chimes whenever SS is about to fall off and shows an icon on my screen whenever SS is missing

Vuhdo or healbot or Clique will allow you to cast SS on any target using a mouse click on a raidframe grid rather than having to target a player and then click.

Since SS is on the GCD i avoid binding it to other abilities. However, Divine Protection, which is off the GCD, can be macrod into SS with few repercussions, especially since its cooldown is shortened to nearly 30 seconds by the Unbreakable Spirit talent.

#showtooltip [mod] Divine Protection; Sacred Shield
    /cast [mod, combat] Divine Protection
    /cast [mod, @player] [@mouseover, help] [@focus, help] [@player] Sacred Shield

i do the same thing for my druid where Barkskin and Cenarion Ward are macrod together using a nearly identical macro.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-04 at 05:06 PM.

i use this weakaura.

Code:
    didvcaGlIITjbZKOuZfuMTQUPsv3wIStj1EP2TG9lK8tLk)vu(TsgkqAWIknCPYbbPJHOZbIwOu1IbklNKNc9yapxXebQMQuMmstxLlJ66KYgfv8ze2mPA7aXHf5BsOPjuFheggronHrleJxI6KkLBjQ6AsY5jQwgO6zcPghrjBs3mkmUfowPNayyBaRWadkyIxCYZan9jQiK1)8mmDphOIaHXXiPmXYuug4glzKAK6MrG1VuU5Z4PeeeSYnJth))g1iCjiHxzuB4SPJ)FJ6EJHujECZ1KgXeGIPrLlgrWp1NrDT)hGuW9(mgHferoxtkjz8xjQBg1god4tZ4EJQ1ZUzSK2Fc385ZO2Wzthd4EJthd4MXreiE21W9ze4tZ4MXreiE2iOqLnuW3Q95ZO(sXeQLwG24YNMIn24YNMIhyyh)puGtas6eRWoqy1NKpWqiwkAwkqZ6xjf1OIjeRqtEhBStTiu8mhx(0uSrWEoq3VOSrOGdUr5701h(Co5JRKIHSySezbiLQGtwW65RGBuqnwZqymOvQPeeeSACnPrie0lIRjLKmwENU(WNZjFXQcXfIUQOumz0KvYk265JR8zm5MrmbOyAu5Ire8tnUfowPNayyBaRWadkyIxCYZan9jQiK1)8mmDphOIaHpJG4AYyjjF2a
    a timer would work just as well i suppose. Hope this helps, i found that i was using sacred shield WAY TOO MUCH last week and its not supposed to be a filler everytime plus using a gcd and all. As long as this things lit up you are golden and you can see its progress going down.

edit: I don't think binding it with something else is the best idea.
    Last edited by Lological; 2012-09-04 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Typically I macro it with Eternal Flame. This way regardless of which talent I need for a given fight, the same keybind will apply it.
    As for wanting to macro it to a different power to try and keep better uptimes on it...well I am sorry but that's terrible. It is a 30 second buff, how hard is it to keep track of a buff that lasts that long, really? :s

To be an actual answer.
    The only ability you could really macro it to would be Divine Protection. Even then it'd be a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't see why you'd have an issue with this ability. Once the GCD is up, just use it again, or just watch the buff? If anything I'm sure your raid group has a Holy Paladin spamming it on you that can let you know once theirs is down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Honestly I don't see why you'd have an issue with this ability. Once the GCD is up, just use it again, or just watch the buff? If anything I'm sure your raid group has a Holy Paladin spamming it on you that can let you know once theirs is down.
    Sacred Shield stacks from other paladins, so that wouldn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sacred Shield stacks from other paladins, so that wouldn't matter.
    that's new right? before weren't SS from different Pallies mutually exclusive on the same target?

10+ Year Old Account
    They stack, else talents would be wasted with multiple paladins that chose that specific one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    that's new right? before weren't SS from different Pallies mutually exclusive on the same target?
    They didn't stack in Wrath or for a while in beta, but they've stacked in beta for a month or two now? And that went live, of course.

Deleted
    You can if you're prot. You can macro it with Shield of the Righteous (the shield slam move) as sotr is not on the gcd. So that anytime you hit the sotr you also put the shield up, you can even cast the shield if you can't cast sotr yet.