10+ Year Old Account

Changes to Herbing

Perhaps this is old news but in case no one has much noticed:

I started warlock yesterday and didn't get herbing as a profession until very late in Elwynn Forest, level 9 or so. So I did what I could and headed out to Westfall with herbing at something like 11 or so. I was delighted to find out that even at such a low level for the profession, I was able to now pick up Earthroot and Blindweed. Nice QOL change for the profession.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but what seems to be the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm sorry but what seems to be the problem here?
    It doesn't appear that he's saying there is one. Threads don't always have to be about problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    It doesn't appear that he's saying there is one. Threads don't always have to be about problems.
    Yep, it helps to have some level of reading comprehension in a forum.

Regardless, this is a great change. I always disliked how professions lack so far behind levels (for crafting, you could only make level 30 itmes by gathering level 40 mats; and for gathering, you could only gather level 30 mats as a level 40).

Deleted
    I dont know whether they changed it but druids dont seem as fast or as reliable at herbing as previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I dont know whether they changed it but druids dont seem as fast or as reliable at herbing as previously.
    Did they make it so druid have to leave flight form to herb? Because otherwise they are still the fastest, even if you aren't a tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I've been finding that turning on the spot while gathering sometimes causes the gathering to fail.

Speed is unchanged.

Additionally, Monks with Zen Flight, I suspect, will surpass tauren druids when the rare mob drops the super-gathering-gloves.

(you can actually fish from zen flight according to wowhead posts)

Nice to know you don't have to do a few laps of a zone you've already completed, just to be able to herb everything in the next zone.

And anyone notice the new First Aid levelling btw? Orange recipies all the way, with the heavy bandages giving double crafting points. Curious if Engineering has also be streamlined a bit, getting that up to 300 is a pain in the ass without consulting a levelling guide beforehand.

Deleted
    Nope you can still herb whilst flying, but the herbing you have to be careful that you dont have an unsucccessful gather. they have done soemthing to make it less effective.

Zen Flight? This sounds like a reason for a Pandaren farming toon.