Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Blindside - Kickstarter for a complete audiobased game!

I think this is really cool and I hope they get the money they need! As a son to a father that's been blind my entire life, and me being an avid gamer, he's always talked about how cool it would be for him to play something like I do.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ure-video-game

Edit: My bad, they have actually reached their goal!

Do you have any other games like this you've heard about?
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-02-22 at 06:48 PM.

That Blindside game looks pretty interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

No pun intended.

Deleted

Divergence: Online

Last edited by mmocd7cad78368; 2013-04-11 at 05:18 PM. Reason: its been funded!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good, love the idea and potential it has. Not sure if i'll back it but would definitely give it a go if it gets to that stage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MGH View Post
    I'm a bit jaded on these things. I followed some projects in the pasta about MMOs that "ventured" that way but in the end did not make it or was vaporware, so not really sure I will be backing this.

It is a *very* ambitious project, and I do hope for them to be able to capitalize on their promises though and I will check it out at a later time.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-03-01 at 08:56 PM.

Torment: Tides of Numenera (Planescape: Torment sequal) Kickstarter!

The Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera has been launched today!

(very cool concept art)

This game is more or less the unofficial sequal to perhaps the best RPG game ever made Planescape: Torment. It has many of the people who worked on the original game involved plus other awesome game designers like eg. Kevin Saunders. He was the lead designer of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer seen by many as probably one of the best RPGs ever, but also as a game very similar to P:T because of extremely rich and complicated story.

Anyway enough gushing from me here's a direct link to their Kickstarter video:

Here's their summary of the story in Torment:

You are the Last Castoff, the final link in the chain of the lives of the being they call the Changing God. He once was a man who discovered a way to use the relics of the ancients to cheat death and skip across the face of centuries in a succession of bodies. But he never knew that his bodies lived on as his consciousness fled, a new consciousness arising in each. Now he has awakened an age-old enemy, the Angel of Entropy, and his days of change are gone as the Angel hunts him and all his works. That includes... you.

With the ever-present threat of oblivion looming over you, you must find your sire before he—and you—are eradicated by the avenging Angel. You will find allies and enemies among the other castoffs. You might inhabit their minds for a time through the devices called “the Meres,” turning their lives to your advantage. You will travel across the face of the Ninth World, and above and below it, with your companions at your side—or alone, if you wish. Your quest will take you to alternate dimensions and distant worlds under strange suns; particular Meres might afford you even more bizarre experiences, such as folding time itself. And you will build your legacy as you find your answer to the question:

What does one life matter?
    Sounds very familiar to those who have played Planecape: Torment.

Anyway the Kickstarted only started a few hours ago and it's already has over 400.000 dollars worth of pledges. Go pledge before the limited tiers are completely full!

It took only 6 hours for Torment: Tides of Numenera to be completely funded.

Brian Fargo, usonuvabish. You've done it again.

Deleted
    ahaah and they are at 1,687,005 with 29 days to go rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    ahaah and they are at 1,687,005 with 29 days to go rofl
    Quite possibly the game to pass project eternity in funding.
    I just wish I had the money to back it.

Deleted

[MiniThread] Civitas

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...our-d?ref=live

Anyone seen this game on Kickstarter? Looks like it has the potential to be an awesome city building game if it gets off the ground. They haven't released a ton of information yet as I don't think there's a massive amount completed but looking at their terraforming video the graphical quality of it seems excellent if continued into the full game.

Looks like it could be the spiritual successor to SimCity 4, kind of like how, in my opinion, Path of Exile is one of the spiritual successors to Diablo 2. My only concern is I've never heard of the guys making it, but then I'd never heard of Notch before Minecraft so who knows. What do you think?

The Reward: Check out Tales of Alethrion

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...n/posts/434671

Makers of this cool video are looking to make a series, check it out and maybe drop em some cash if you like what you see.
    Twas brillig

Offensive Party Game

I recently took some time away from WoW to help create a new offensive party game.The game is called Personally Incorrect, its a play on the term "politically correct" check it out if offensive content is your kinda thing, and if you like it help spread the word, it would be a huge help.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ally-incorrect

Even if you are not interested in the game, follow us on twitter @GetIncorrect, we post hilarious real life content every day that has nothing to do with our game.

Deleted
    No thanks, looks too childish rather than offensive. Like something school kids would say to one another.

No. Just... no.

This is basically a poor man's version of Cards Against Humanity. I already have Cards Against Humanity. It's fantastic. Why do I need a lackluster imitation?

Deleted
    For a game that's advertising itself to be "terribly offensive" I found it terribly prepubescent.

looks like a juvenile version of a really good game called "apples to apples"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

[Camelot Unchained] - Mark Jacobs' next great venture - KICKSTARTER

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd like to share with all of you that the Kickstarter Campaign for Camelot Unchained just started.

Long story short, it's an RvR based game (very similar to Dark Age of Camelot, heralded one of the best pvp games of its time, if not all time). There will be NO PVE whatsoever in the game.

I can't post URL's so dont forget to edit the beginning part of them or google em up!

Here's a link to the KS:
    kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Link to the game site:
    camelotunchained.com

Spread the word amonsgt friends!

Cheers,

Taintedh

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish him all the best, but WAR was a disaster. Hopefully he's learned the right lessons from it.

Oh and I think you want this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hained-DAOC-2-!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already backing it
    Young Warrior FTW

EDIT: Founder's Principles
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2013-04-02 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

[QUOTE=SirRobin;20704143]Wish him all the best, but WAR was a disaster. Hopefully he's learned the right lessons from it.

Oh and I think you want this thread:

Thanks SirRobin, didn't see this thread before

Cheers!