Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does.. since their technical support feature is as slow as *peep* .. so having the option to have a community solve your problems is way better then having CMs do it most of the time. They are faster to so..

The way they are handing out in game bans I hope they will do the same on the forums to keep the trolls and WoW fanboys away. If you want to see a perfect example of a company not giving a shit about moderating its forums and what the result of that is look no further than here: *snip*

Let's not take swipes at other games. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-05 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yes, they absolutely do need one.

The fact that it's still not up is actually pretty embarrassing IMO. Yes, official forums are usually pretty bad and filled with a lot of nonsense, but they're actually quite important. Nobody FORCES you to go there and deal with whatever nastiness may await. They're doubly necessary on launch when people are having a lot of issues, the community is great at helping others out so it can actually cut down on a lot of potential support tickets as people have simple problems answered by the community.

I'm looking forward to when they bring them back up; bad posts, trolling, doomsaying, mindless QQ and all.
    Now be honest, you just want our bad posts, trolling, doomsaying, mindless QQ, and all, over there instead of here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Official game forums are always soooo much grief and doom. I can see them waiting a month or so till people get well established and past the initial learning curve of the game (and till more than a few trolls have given up hope and moved on to another game without spewing the typical rhetoric).

Even if they did open an official forum I'd probably still come here. I came here for all my WoW questions back when I started to get 'serious' about that game because WoW's forum regulars seemed to take a certain level of pride in being the biggest d**ks possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagasumi View Post
    I trust MMO Champion to not do bad things with my login info. However just in case they get hacked, I didn't use my game email address to sign up here.

I suspect that some people that get hacked in online games have signed up for a forum that is less than honest or secure, and they used their same email address and login for the game.

It also seems well modded here, so there you have it.

Edited.. I should learn to read better

Nevermind..
    Last edited by Tonyctattoo; 2012-09-05 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Derp

The official forums ARE up... though only the Support section right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    I could go on and on. Obviously, most of the above list is crap but just wait, the forums will be filled with inane posts with topics like the ones above. As a guild leader, when I go to a games official forums, I am usually there for a reason. If the forums are cluttered with the usual garbage, it just makes my job difficult. Even worse, I have to explain to my guild members that all of those doom and gloom posts are a bunch of BS. So for now, I think the lack of official forums is a good thing but that's just me.
    It's shocking and pathetic that they've been down for as long as they have, forcing people to use half a dozen fansites or reddit to communicate. Especially considering how incredibly important they are at the launch of a game, as hundreds of thousands of new players are trying to figure it out and have nowhere official to go to do so.

Saying that 'there are sometimes threads I don't like on forums, so forums shouldn't even exist' is a call for this very forum not to exist because of posts like yours.

The official WoW forums have always been very helpful to anyone who needs information, or to voice genuine complaints, even if you're too biased to see past the posts you personally don't like. GW2 needs an official forum dozens of times more than WoW ever did, considering how obtuse the game is to understand, especially for new players - who shouldn't have to be expected to google their questions, or ask them all in-game, instead of actually having a forum for them to ask questions in set up in a user friendly way.

That's not even considering the huge amount of valid complaints that need to be vented, your stupid strawmanning aside. Today *alone* I've failed to complete THREE zones at 100% because of the sheer amount of bugs that keep it from happening. One zone an event refused to fire because an NPC apparently didn't realize that it needed to participate in it. Another zone I couldn't complete a heart because an event was active that prevented all mob spawning and the LAST event mob was permanently invulnerable (and had been all day). A third one mobs weren't spawning at all, for no apparent reason. And that's not even mentioning the 4 other bugged events I came across, and the countless other shit that needs to be addressed in an official response. At the very least people could go there to share their expeirences instead of being left with a feeling of frustration and isolation. And let's not even talk about class balance...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

To some limitations, yes....for example there really should be a place to report bugs and technical issues and the like, at the very least.

But, based on Blizzard's forums, they are pretty much the biggest QQ-magnet forums you can possibly imagine. I can't blame them, I guess, if they don't want to have open public forums to cause them more grief than necessary.

I would like them just for a place for discussion of classes. That way I can go see what people are saying about my class and different ways of playing it and speccing it.

Deleted
    They not only are close the forums but i cant by the digital copy of the game too lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The official forums have expanded.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

They now include sections for DE's Professions, etc, etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The official forums have expanded.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

They now include sections for DE's Professions, etc, etc...
    Woah, that's a pretty big list of forums now, I was not expecting them to add that many so quickly. Now I must go read all the things...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Such as instancing / ground mounts or WvWvW etc.
    All ground mounts are working perfectly fine last I heard. Also, what appears to be the problem with instancing? I haven't seemed to have any issues with instances used for personal quests or for dungeons. They've run quite smoothly.

It seems you too are not being neutral, so I wouldn't go accusing the OP of the same flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Woah, that's a pretty big list of forums now, I was not expecting them to add that many so quickly. Now I must go read all the things...
    READ ALL THE THINGS!

OT: I will probably spend more time here then on their official forums because there is more then just GW2 to discuss hear.

Yep, the official forums are offically open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yep, that should take care of those wanting individual boards for professions and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of a cesspoll, threads over threads, staff barely answer. Seems a primary school classroom with children whining, crying, yelling, lol