Thread: Favorite zone

10+ Year Old Account

Favorite zone

So thus far, what's everyone's favorite zone in-game? Doesn't matter what level you are so don't worry if you haven't explored all the zones yet. Also provide screen shots if you can, personally my favorite zone is the Iron Marches so far because at the very first instance you enter the zone you are welcomed with this scenery:

I'm only level 32, but Gendarran Fields has been my favorite so far. Southern Lornar's Pass also looks promising, especially around False Lake.

Deleted
    Queensdale and Shaemoor. Simply can't beat them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually going through the Iron Marches right now and give it my vote. The sunset, warm feeling it projects is pretty wicked. I also like all of the fire (Charr shaman everyhwere!) and smokey haze.

Deleted
    Blazeridge Steppes has my vote. Such an awesome area.

Deleted
    Caledon forest. Its just so pretty, and nicely varied.

though I;ve yet to see a zone I dont like to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    orr is the best
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    I really love all the snowy Norn zones myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Tide or Sparkfly, so much awesome!! God i fucking LOVE those aquatic zones!! Im gonna say blood tide is more so then sparkfly, but sparkfly isn't lagging to far behind.... i'll get a pic up sometime...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love the aquatic areas and the branded areas are quite cool
    but i just wish the waters wernt so deadly so i could explore it some more especially the later areas like sparkfly fen with the damn risen and krait everywhere

oh and not really a zone but sharkmaw caverns was awesome

Timberline Falls and Malchor's Leap. Bloodtide Coast and Kessex Hills are pretty good too.

Me in Timberline Falls.

Really dislike Dreadhaunt Cliffs and Blazeridge. Way too much crap to fight just to run 5 feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wayfarer Foothills is very nice, and if it can be classified as a zone, I also love Divinity's Reach. All of the WvW maps are nice as well.

I like the Human/Norn-styled grasslands/plains, and Norn tundra, but I don't like full snow zones that much. For example, Snowden Drifts is beautiful, but I don't really want to do it more than once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    SNIP

Really dislike Dreadhaunt Cliffs and Blazeridge. Way too much crap to fight just to run 5 feet.
    I really did not like Dreadhaunt Cliffs (but went to Blazeridge to avoid it lol). My favorite -- not visually, but fun factor -- was Harathi Hinterlands. The constant taking, losing, retaking of forts from centaurs was a blast! It felt like war (I kept getting overwhelmed at one camp ... no one came to help!!)...

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 05:20 PM ----------

The first time I got the way point and then the event popped up that I needed to defend the camp. I was alone, but figured how hard could it be? Eight kergillion centaurs showed up and DOMINATED the camp within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been in all zones yet, but aside from the Capital Cities, which were alle pretty awesome - I must admit, I didn't like any of the zones that much. I despise the Norn zones, all look the same and after Dreadhautn Cliffs I can't see any more Dredges. >_>
    The only thing I liked so far was The Brand. Then again, that's not a zone of its own. So I go with Fields of Ruin, as that was the first zone were I encountered The Brand.

I REALLY hope Orr stands out. Else, leveling zones in this game are all not really memorable.

Gendarran Fields.

When you are simply walking and then suddenly you see Lion's Arch gates. Simply amazing.

Lornar's Pass is also pretty nice, but it's also huge.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Plains of Ashford. So many feels.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I quite enjoyed the look of Blazeridge Steppes at certain points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also forgot to mention that the music in the Iron Marches is probably one of the best I've heard so far as well. There's alot of zones where the music is great, but imo Iron Marches takes the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently 30, and a Norn. My favorite so far as been Snowden Drifts. From the high peaks & vistas, to the gorgeous caves and underwater scenes. Sometimes I would just stand and stare at the art.

I should really take more screenshots.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger