Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    you mean the picture from this page? really?

It was a picture of a beach-party for their summer-fest world event. Actually the picture is somewhat reminiscent of the beach-parties from the late 60, or at least how they were portrayed in movies. For example, consider this
    movie promo poster for "Surf Party". (point of reference the movie was released in 1964)

I think the image that they used accurately gave the impression of the ascended kicking back and relaxing in the hot, lazy days of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Well went to checkout new expac and there it is a woman in skimpy armor.
    I remember they did it in not long ago patch, a big muscle dude in shorts and girls in bikini..Why they got to advertise like this, big turn off for me
    That "Woman in skimpy armor" is Crucia, the main villain in the expansion. She is supposed to be evil and able to twist your mind to do her will. That's why she is hawt :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

i actually enjoyed the beta, the puzzles and rifts. unique game!
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    you mean the picture from this page? really?

It was a picture of a beach-party for their summer-fest world event. Actually the picture is somewhat reminiscent of the beach-parties from the late 60, or at least how they were portrayed in movies. For example, consider this
    movie promo poster for "Surf Party". (point of reference the movie was released in 1964)

I think the image that they used accurately gave the impression of the ascended kicking back and relaxing in the hot, lazy days of summer.
    Yeah they got something for the 60's (is that when the original Batman came out?) Anyways almost been a year since they dropped this one us I wonder if we'll see something like this again.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yeah they got something for the 60's (is that when the original Batman came out?) Anyways almost been a year since they dropped this one us I wonder if we'll see something like this again.

I....

Both hated and loved this video.

I'm just so... blegh, now. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I am not sure what they are thinking not doing open beta. They already said Rogue will be a month after 9/14/2012, then 10/14/2012 maybe a week later Cleric?? That leaves literally no time to see or test this content.
    It doesn't take very long to test a new soul. Heck Beckmann basically wrote all the Sab rotations and did all the testing on the PTS practically by himself in a few weeks when it was revamped for 1.8
    Then you get the really anal testers who literally go through and individually check every soul point individually.
    Get 5-10 really bored people who have ID down to 2-3 hours and chuck them on the dummies for 2 weeks, leveling for a week.
    For extra motivation tell them they can start testing new SL content once the soul is finalised.
    BAMF!

Soul tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    That "Woman in skimpy armor" is Crucia, the main villain in the expansion. She is supposed to be evil and able to twist your mind to do her will. That's why she is hawt :P
    Works for Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Realising that now is probably going to be the best time to get into Rift, at the start of a new expansion and all, I'm trying to reach lvl 50 before Storm Legion is released.
    I'm currently a lvl 20 Mage.
    How long is the last 30 lvls going to take, when compared to the first 20? I'm mostly just questing, in order to get a feel of the world and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    Realising that now is probably going to be the best time to get into Rift, at the start of a new expansion and all, I'm trying to reach lvl 50 before Storm Legion is released.
    How long is the last 30 lvls going to take, when compared to the first 20? I'm mostly just questing, in order to get a feel of the world and lore.
    Not too long. If you read every quest, then maybe 50+ hours or so. If you jump into instances, instant adventures (press . and queue up), or pvp it does speed it up. The first time through is kind of fast. The second time through is kind of a grind, especially after you get used to playing a level 50 character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextana View Post
    ask someone to be a mentor. bonus exp for you.

Wow.. I'm speechless, Storm Legion looks amazing.

First time i saw the batman video - that was um, yea glad i didn't see that before deciding to play rift - it probably would've given the VERY wrong impression of the game (that i luv).