Thief weapon of choice?

I am aiming to be a thief that just deals straight damage. What type of weapon combo should I use? Pros/cons?

Deleted
    Dagger / Dagger is currently the highest dps single target combo and bow the lowest.
    Sword / Dagger is best if you're planning on doing slight AoE damage (frontal AoE).

I prefer Pistol / Pistol because it's easier to kill champions and such by kiting them. Instances are also not very melee friendly.

I enjoy dagger dagger due to its mobility. I use short bow in WvW as it gives me extra escaping abilities and pistol pistol otherwise in pve
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Wookeh said. Double daggers depending on your setup can pull off some massive crits, it's pretty good for burst damage although thiefs are extremely squishy so if you want to solo things you're going to have to change your build and rely heavily on your avoidance skills unless you want to get 1 or 2 shot. Having a bow as your second weapon set is pretty good especially while leveling as it is extremely aoe oriented, it's great for farming xp and items during dynamic events when mobs of 5-10 enemies come out because you can do significant damage to all of them, get xp recognition for all of them and more often than not get the loot, if you have a bow at the end of a dynamic event just turn auto loot on and spam 'f' and sit back letting the greens roll in. Double pistol can do some great damage and if used correctly is great for pvp as it offers a lot of self healing if you know the class correctly.

Dagger dagger .. Deathblossom as many times as possible > steal (if your speced for it you regain initiative.) > then heart seeker till you can't no more (the lower the targets life the more damage it does)

Theifs are hella squishy but death blossom and steal evade attacks and you can get hella cool utilities like blinding powder and thieves guild so if your getting hit much your playing your character wrong.. At 37 I could solo 2 40s at the same time easy just because of how much evasion is built into my rotation.

Edit: I use a bow for events cause the aoe is nice and it keeps you at a safe distance
    Also look into the caltrops when you dodge thing, they bleed and cripple. So you can heart seeker in and dodge out and heart seeker back in for fun
    Last edited by Tonyctattoo; 2012-09-05 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Currently playing as a 45 thief, taking it easy.

I switch between Dagger / dagger and Dagger / Pistol.

The Dagger / dagger is nice for dmg output, but Dagger / Pistol is far better for soloing stuff.. the amount of blind that it delivers is amazing..

Anyways, its all about your play style, play what suits you and get good at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love love dagger/dagger and shortbow. Dagger/dagger is the most fun for me, and shortbow I use when I want to solo champions/veterans (or WvW).

However, what I really wanted to do was pistol/pistol. It unfortunately just doesn't look right...you wield two pistols but only fire one? lol
    The only ability that visually shows you using both pistols is unload or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I love love dagger/dagger and shortbow. Dagger/dagger is the most fun for me, and shortbow I use when I want to solo champions/veterans (or WvW).

However, what I really wanted to do was pistol/pistol. It unfortunately just doesn't look right...you wield two pistols but only fire one? lol
    The only ability that visually shows you using both pistols is unload or whatever.
    I felt the same about pistols