Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Lillie doesn't feel so well, Mr.Spark
    I'm actually a little more sad at the potential loss of Dack I was never much of a Liliana fan. If Gideon dies, however, I'll be distraught. I love the Greek flavor of Theros and he was also the first planeswalker I ever pulled from a pack (from Gatecrash).
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I'm actually a little more sad at the potential loss of Dack I was never much of a Liliana fan. If Gideon dies, however, I'll be distraught. I love the Greek flavor of Theros and he was also the first planeswalker I ever pulled from a pack (from Gatecrash).
    Yeah it looks like Dack is going to die (although maybe they'll pull something, because that trailer makes it too obvious)...

I think Liliana will live.. I think there is some speculation the Raven Man may save her... I think Gideon will live too (I hope so, I think he needs to try and save Elspeth from the Underworld on Theros), but I think Ajani has a high chance of dying... it feels like his storyline has been moving more and more to a "heroic death" type of scenario. Not so sure about other planeswalkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Yeah it looks like Dack is going to die (although maybe they'll pull something, because that trailer makes it too obvious)...

I think Liliana will live.. I think there is some speculation the Raven Man may save her... I think Gideon will live too (I hope so, I think he needs to try and save Elspeth from the Underworld on Theros), but I think Ajani has a high chance of dying... it feels like his storyline has been moving more and more to a "heroic death" type of scenario. Not so sure about other planeswalkers
    Ajani has a 0% chance of dying, he's in the comic that takes place after WAR.

Same with Chandra, and I think Tibalt. Of all people uh... devil-people.

Epic!
    Ajani has a 0% chance of dying, he's in the comic that takes place after WAR.

Same with Chandra, and I think Tibalt. Of all people uh... devil-people.
    I heard a similar thing for Liliana slated to be in a book after this... maybe Gideon will die? Idk, if none of the good guys end up dying, then I'll feel a little weird about it, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how the story unfolds.
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

I heard a similar thing for Liliana slated to be in a book after this... maybe Gideon will die? Idk, if none of the good guys end up dying, then I'll feel a little weird about it, but I guess I'll have to wait to see how the story unfolds.
    I'm thinking Jace bites the dust IMO. Alongside a dozen minor uncommon tier PWs.

Gideon has the Blackblade storyline going for him (it'd be cool to see him become a white/black PW), Lillie has the Chain Veil.

Maybe like Nissa and Ugin also get mopped up.

I've never liked Nissa so fine with me

btw, I'm enjoying Arena very well so far but was wondering something: If you have 4 of a card and open a pack with that card again what happens?

I've never liked Nissa so fine with me

btw, I'm enjoying Arena very well so far but was wondering something: If you have 4 of a card and open a pack with that card again what happens?
    Rares and mythics give you gems while commons/uncommons go into the vault. Too bad you can't see vault progress but it's so slow does it really matter? lol

Epic!
    I'm thinking Jace bites the dust IMO. Alongside a dozen minor uncommon tier PWs.

Gideon has the Blackblade storyline going for him (it'd be cool to see him become a white/black PW), Lillie has the Chain Veil.

I'm hoping that Ugin doesn't die, they just brought him back in Fate Reforged! Plus if Nicol Bolas survives, I think it's good to keep him alive to kind of act as a foil (no pun intended) for the Grixis Elder Dragon's schemes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Rares and mythics give you gems while commons/uncommons go into the vault. Too bad you can't see vault progress but it's so slow does it really matter? lol
    Can't wait til the new set... been saving up gold for it. I think I have about 36k gold saved up (so about a box worth of packs)... by the time the set comes out I think I'll have close to 72k gold

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I wasn't even aware of the vault, had to look that up.

So far I'm liking Arena a LOT more than I did Hearthstone. Probably at least partly because I feel like Magic is a vastly superior game in general. But it's clear they learned from Hearthstone that for online play you gotta jazz it up a bit.

I wish that I had actually played more while I was in the closed beta, but at least I discovered I have some special cards all the same for it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wasn't even aware of the vault, had to look that up.

So far I'm liking Arena a LOT more than I did Hearthstone. Probably at least partly because I feel like Magic is a vastly superior game in general. But it's clear they learned from Hearthstone that for online play you gotta jazz it up a bit.

I wish that I had actually played more while I was in the closed beta, but at least I discovered I have some special cards all the same for it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Are you saying MGTO wasn't snazzy enough?

Are you saying MGTO wasn't snazzy enough?
    MTGO never had any snazz at all For it's time it was the only game in town though, so I had fun with it way back when.

What happens in Arena when a set rotates out of Standard? Do the cards just sit in your collection doing nothing? Or will there be something similar to Modern that lets you play with the older sets?

MTGO never had any snazz at all For it's time it was the only game in town though, so I had fun with it way back when.

What happens in Arena when a set rotates out of Standard? Do the cards just sit in your collection doing nothing? Or will there be something similar to Modern that lets you play with the older sets?
    IIRC they'll introduce modern with Modern Horizons.

How many sets they'll go back to though IDK. Kinda hope at least to Kaladesh, but we'll see. Ixalan is about to rotate out.

I'm hoping that Ugin doesn't die, they just brought him back in Fate Reforged! Plus if Nicol Bolas survives, I think it's good to keep him alive to kind of act as a foil (no pun intended) for the Grixis Elder Dragon's schemes

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait til the new set... been saving up gold for it. I think I have about 36k gold saved up (so about a box worth of packs)... by the time the set comes out I think I'll have close to 72k gold
    Before Ravnica Allegiance I saved up 100k, then blew most of it. It was a lot of fun though.

The best technique is to do some drafts *before* you start collecting cards and opening packs. That way you get the commons and uncommons. Plus you'll be able to pick out the really good new cards that come, like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comm...shed_advokist/

I just hope Gruul get's some love. It's alright now but I've mastered Gruul midrange/aggro and am capped at Plat just because:

1) White weenies is disgusting strong and easy to play.

2) The W/B/U control decks are very strong as well.

Epic!
    IIRC they'll introduce modern with Modern Horizons.

How many sets they'll go back to though IDK. Kinda hope at least to Kaladesh, but we'll see. Ixalan is about to rotate out.
    Ixalan will rotate with the fall set right?

Ixalan will rotate with the fall set right?
    If not earlier. I think it'll be phased out with Core 2020 in the summer.

Epic!
    If not earlier. I think it'll be phased out with Core 2020 in the summer.
    Cool. I always feel like when Standard has "too many" sets, that synergies and power levels get to be a little degenerate. I find myself usually liking Standard when it is a bit smaller, but that's just my personal preference

So after less than a week of casually playing Arena I've gotten to a point where 2/3 decks I play against are Merfolk or Vampires. And all I have is the starter decks because I don't plan on spending real money for awhile. At least I can still sneak in a win every few games when the hidden rating drops me back down to decks that are competitive with mine

So after less than a week of casually playing Arena I've gotten to a point where 2/3 decks I play against are Merfolk or Vampires. And all I have is the starter decks because I don't plan on spending real money for awhile. At least I can still sneak in a win every few games when the hidden rating drops me back down to decks that are competitive with mine
    When you complete your mastery levels (I think it's 25) you get both of those decks.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get the WAR pre-order, but only because 50 packs seems like a good cash investment to start on a set. But that aside, I'm not sure if I should be saving my gold for more WAR or catching up a bit on GRN or RNA because I have very little of each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    When you complete your mastery levels (I think it's 25) you get both of those decks.
    I'm not sure if the decks I'm coming across are tutorial decks or constructed decks, they seem way too good to be tutorial decks.

edit: btw, what's a good site to see the current top decks in standard?
    Last edited by Spaceboytg; 2019-04-10 at 04:22 AM.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get the WAR pre-order, but only because 50 packs seems like a good cash investment to start on a set. But that aside, I'm not sure if I should be saving my gold for more WAR or catching up a bit on GRN or RNA because I have very little of each.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if the decks I'm coming across are tutorial decks or constructed decks, they seem way too good to be tutorial decks.

edit: btw, what's a good site to see the current top decks in standard?
    I would say the merfolk and vampire decks are the best of the starter decks. Both transition well if you want to add the appropriate cards to make them more viable. Course, with War on the way, you may want to hold off on crafting anything and see how they still do.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.