Stood in the Fire
    Has anyone news about the MtG netflix series yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    Has anyone news about the MtG netflix series yet?
    So far it's being produced by the Russo bros and has writers from The Clone Wars series and The Tick.

Stood in the Fire
    Yeah, that was what I got so far. I just hoped someone had something else. I really do hope they start with the Brothers War.

MtG’s pricing is traumatizing for kids who just want to play card game.

So the next set is Throne of Eldraine, a mix of English and Germanic fairy tales like King Arthur and Goldilocks. There's a new mechanic that comes with a new frame like the sagas but no idea what it is yet.

Well... Hogaak and Faithless Looting are banned and Stoneforge Mystic is back and 70 fucking dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Well... Hogaak and Faithless Looting are banned and Stoneforge Mystic is back and 70 fucking dollars.
    No surprise when it comes to Hogaak, although I am slightly surprised by Faithl as Looting, only because I never thought it would after so long. I half expect stoneforge to get banned again.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Historic announcements have nearly killed all my interest in Arena. I'm sure they won't care, they already got some of my money.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    The Historic announcements have nearly killed all my interest in Arena. I'm sure they won't care, they already got some of my money.
    They made a few changes, mostly good. Though the always available best-of-one won't progress daily and weekly wins now, just quests, you can still do that during events. But more importantly 1-1 wildcard exchange and you'll be able to buy any size bundle from the shop aside from just the $50 one.

They made a few changes, mostly good. Though the always available best-of-one won't progress daily and weekly wins now, just quests, you can still do that during events. But more importantly 1-1 wildcard exchange and you'll be able to buy any size bundle from the shop aside from just the $50 one.
    Like you say, mostly good changes. I understand why they are disallowing daily/weekly progress in Historic (they have to prioritize Standard somehow) but that still kinda kills my interest in Historic. I'm evaluating whether I want to continue knowing that Standard is THE game because it's at least fun to play Magic when I feel like it.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

[img]https://media.wizards.com/2019/images/daily/cI7tgeUt5U0.jpg[/ig]
    While I haven't been able to play Arena in months it's good that they are fixing some of the things about historic. I like the idea of introducing older sets to Arena and give this its own sort of Modern format, but a lot of that was just unnecessary towards getting into it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Cleveland, OH (Hometown: Philadelphia, PA)
    Field of the Dead is banned in standard and Wizards announces a new "postmodern" format starting from RTR forwards.

T3feri and Sphinx's revelations in the same deck? Sheesh.

I don't know what word in the language—I can’t find one—that applies to people of that kind, who are willing to sacrifice the literal—the existence of organized human life, not in the distant future, so they can put a few more dollars in highly overstuffed pockets. The word “evil” doesn’t begin to approach it.
    - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Field of the Dead is banned in standard and Wizards announces a new "postmodern" format starting from RTR forwards.

T3feri and Sphinx's revelations in the same deck? Sheesh.
    I have no fucking clue what they're trying to accomplish with Pioneer.

Cleveland, OH (Hometown: Philadelphia, PA)
    I have no fucking clue what they're trying to accomplish with Pioneer.
    sell packs and boost the secondary market. I'm not bothering with it until Aetherworks Marvel and Saheeli are banned.

I don't know what word in the language—I can’t find one—that applies to people of that kind, who are willing to sacrifice the literal—the existence of organized human life, not in the distant future, so they can put a few more dollars in highly overstuffed pockets. The word “evil” doesn’t begin to approach it.
    - Noam Chomsky

Oh no, there goes Tokyo! Go, go, Godzilla!