Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got some Conspiracy spoilers.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Can someone explain the draft cards to me. I know what draft is - but is this real? they are adding cards that have draft abilities to a core expansion set? Wow... this seems very bad.

For more clarification I mean is this like a special vanguard set or something, this cant be a standard set...
    Last edited by slime; 2014-05-17 at 08:27 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Can someone explain the draft cards to me. I know what draft is - but is this real? they are adding cards that have draft abilities to a core expansion set? Wow... this seems very bad.

For more clarification I mean is this like a special vanguard set or something, this cant be a standard set...
    It's probably one of those fun esq type of game styles, prolly on the lines of unglued or those super old yet interesting cards

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not a fan so far. This just seems like turning drafts into giant clusterfucks.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah, not a fan so far. This just seems like turning drafts into giant clusterfucks.
    For that I just agree with ya there, I don't see many creatures that are useful

- - - Updated - - -

Or cards, just one and that's it for this one

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

To be clear, this isn't a core expansion set. This set was made for multiplayer drafts in mind and that is why we are seeing draft cards here, as a way to support this format in some way. Conspiracy is the yearly multiplayer product, like Archenemy, Planechase, or Commander sets before it. This is in no way a normal set, we will still get our normal Core set with M15 this year and the next block starting up in October like they always do.

Here are the spoilers for today.

10+ Year Old Account
    That zombie is overcosted, both its casting cost and its activation cost. Not worth being a rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Tinker was a good idea. They had to make something just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because Tinker was a good idea. They had to make something just as good.
    Muzzio can be strong, but at most you are only searching through 16 cards, with Draco, or searching through a much more likely number being 12, with Darksteel/Blightsteel Colossus (I am not counting Gleemax). At that point though you probably already have the thing you wanted to look for so his job is done, although trying to search for your Witchbane Orb in EDH when being threatened with lethal anything targeting you is alright. You can easily miss what you want or even miss another artifact if you use it to soon.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news it looks like M15's primary keyword is Convoke and we have a bunch of these new cards from Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015.

Seraph of the Masses 5WW
    Creature - Angel (U)
    Convoke
    Flying
    Seraph of the Masses power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures you control.
    */*

Resolute Archangel 5WW
    Creature - Angel (R)
    Flying
    When Resolute Archangel enters the battlefield, if your life total is lower than your starting life total, it becomes your starting life total.
    4/4

Triplicate Spirits 4WW
    Sorcery (C)
    Convoke
    Put three 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.

Paragon of New Dawns 3W
    Creature - Human Soldier (U)
    Other white creatures you control get +1/+1.
    W, T: Another target white creature you control gains vigilance until end of turn.
    2/2

Marked for Honour 3W
    Enchantment - Aura (C)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance.

Meditation Puzzle 3WW
    Instant (C)
    Convoke
    You gain 8 life.

Void Snare U
    Sorcery (C)
    Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.

Paragon of Gathering Mists 3U
    Creature - Human Wizard (U)
    Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
    U, T: Another target blue creature you control gains flying until end of turn.
    2/2

Mercurial Pretender 4U
    Creature - Shapeshifter (R)
    You may have Mercurial Pretender enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature you control except it gains "2UU: Return this creature to its owner's hand."
    0/0

Chasm Skulker 2U
    Creature - Squid Horror (R)
    Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Chasm Skulker.
    When Chasm Skulker dies, put X 1/1 blue Squid creature tokens with islandwalk onto the battlefield, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Chasm Skulker.
    1/1

Quickling 1U
    Creature - Faerie Rogue (U)
    Flying
    Flash
    When Quickling enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you return another creature you control to its owner's hand.
    2/2

Coral Barrier 2U
    Creature - Wall (C)
    Defender
    When Coral Barrier enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 blue Squid creature token with Islandwalk onto the battlefield.
    1/3

Jallax, Master Polymorphogist 3U
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
    3U, T, Sacrifice another creature: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonlegendary creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the the bottom of your library in a random order.
    2/2

Frost Lynx 2U
    Creature - Elemental Cat (C)
    When Frost Lynx enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    2/2

Military Intelligence 1U
    Enchantment (U)
    Whenever you attack with two or more creatures, draw a card.

Soul of Ravnica 4UU
    Creature - Avatar (M)
    Flying
    3UU: Draw a card for each colour among permanents you control.
    3UU, Exile Soul of Ravnica from your graveyard: Draw a card for each colour among permanents you control.
    6/6

Cruel Sadist B
    Craeture - Human Assassin (R)
    B, T, Pay 1 life: Put a +1/+1 counter on Cruel Sadist.
    2B, T, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Cruel Sadist: Crusel Sadist deals X damage to target creature.
    1/1

Flesh to Dust 3BB
    Instant (C)
    Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.

Shadowcloak Vampire 4B
    Creature - Vampire (C)
    Pay 2 life: Shadowcloak Vampire gains flying until end of turn.
    4/3

Indulgent Tormenter 3BB
    Creature - Demon (R)
    Flying
    At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card unless target opponent sacrifices a creature or pays 3 life.
    5/3

Covenant of Blood 6B
    Sorcery (C)
    Convoke
    Covenant of Blood deals 4 damage to target creature or player and you gain 4 life.

Ulcerate B
    Instant (C)
    Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn. You lose 3 life.

Rotfeaster Maggot 4B
    Creature - Insect (C)
    When Rotfeaster Maggot enters the battlefield, exile target creature card from a graveyard. You gain life equal to that card's toughness.
    3/5

Paragon of Open Graves 3B
    Creature - Skeleton Warrior (U)
    Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
    B, T: Another target black creature you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
    2/2

Inferno Fist 1R
    Enchantment - Aura (C)
    Enchant creature you control.
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+0.
    R, Sacrifice Inferno Fist: Inferno Fist deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Brood Keeper 3R
    Creature - Human Shaman (U)
    Whenever an Aura becomes attached to Brood Keeper, put a 2/2 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. It has "R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn".
    2/3

Burning Anger 4R
    Enchantment - Aura (R)
    Enchant creature
    Enchant creature has "T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.

Siege Dragon 5RR
    Creature - Dragon (R)
    Flying
    When Siege Dragon enters the battlefield, destroy all Walls your opponents control.
    Whenever Siege Dragon attacks, if defending player control no Walls, it deals 5? damage to each creature without flying that player controls.
    5/5

Goblin Rabblemaster 2R
    Creature - Goblin Warrior (R)
    Other Goblin creatures you control attack each turn if able.
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste onto the battlefield.
    Whenever Goblin Rabblemaster attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin.
    2/2

Paragon of Fierce Defiance 3R
    Creature - Human Warrior (U)
    Other red creatures you control get +1/+1.
    R, T: Another target red creature you control gains haste until end of turn.
    2/2

Reclamation Sage 2G
    Creature - Elf Shaman (U)
    When Reclamation Sage enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    2/1

? 4GG
    Creature - Plant Elemental (R)
    When ? dies, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control at the beginning of his or her next upkeep.
    7/2

Paragon of Eternal Wilds 3G
    Creature - Human Druid (U)
    Other green creatures you control get +1/+1.
    G, T: Another target green creature you control gains trample until end of turn.
    2/2

Avarice Amulet 4
    Artifact - Equipment (R)
    Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has vigilance "At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card."
    When equipped creature dies, target opponent gains control of Avarice Amulet.
    Equip 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeebus, ok. First off, I'm not big on Convoke. A lot of times (if not all), the card is way too expensive, unless you tap a bunch of creatures. I get that the ability to make it super cheap is great, but the downside is usually a lot worse than the upside.

Chasm Skulker is awesome. Lorescale Coatl but even better. Makes me wish it was a snake.

Quickling is awesome and more fodder for faerie decks.

Jallax is repeatable Polymorph, super awesome. But remember what I said about Tinker...

Military Intelligence needs to be green, but with different flavor.

Flesh to Dust, I'd rather have Spread the Sickness as a sorcery.

I think the cards that stick out the most, to me at least, are....

Inferno Fist - It's like a Seal of Fire that helps out a creature for a little while.

Quickling - This is bound to be abused somewhere.

Resolute Archangel - In EDH this could gain you 20+ life, which isn't to bad.

Chasm Skulker - This guy could get big and become a very large pain to deal with. If it gets big enough you could kill it off yourself at the end of your opponents turn and swarm them when you attack.

I'm not sure why blue gets a better Overwhelming Instinct with Military Intelligence.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2014-05-23 at 11:03 PM.

Goblin Rabblemaster, Ulcerate and Indulgent Tormenter seem to be the most interesting ones to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baby dismember is so sick...
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

Deleted
    Hey guys, not 100% sure if I should ask this here but here it goes. I've been looking to get into another card game after playing Yugioh for some time and I found that Magic might be a game for me (been playing the Steam game a bit and it's superfun). Now, tomorrow, I'm going to the city with a friend of mine and I'm looking to buy things that would get me started, however there are so many different kind of things I can buy and I don't know what the best one is to get for someone with no Magic cards at all or no friends who play Magic. I've been looking and was wondering if this would be a good choice:
    * MGT Deck Builder's Toolkit 2014
    +
    *3/4x Journey into Nyx booster pack

I'd like to play a deck that has Black in it.

Getting started is definitely the hard part. Getting a Toolkit is a nice place to start as it comes with many cards to get started and a few boosters is a good decision as well. If you have a little bit more money you can get an Intro Deck or an Event Deck. The intro deck is for those starting out to see how decks are compromised at that beginners level while event decks are put together with the idea that you would like to play in competitions at some point and they can show you more proper ways of deck building at a higher level. There are many different intro and event decks so I couldn't say which would be best for you, but they are decent places to start.

A pity you didn't start a few weeks earlier, you could have gone to the journey into nyx prerelease and get some playing while picking up some cards.

If you have any doubts, let us know. The deckbuilder's toolkit isn't bad. For more precise suggestions, I'd need to know what you like in a CCG...

Deleted
    Most of all, I like the cards and how it creates this world in your mind when playing. I really like big monsters (I read Green uses the most and the biggest however), not because of the damage they do but because, in YuGiOh, they look the "coolest" most of the time. I found that, from what I've seen so far, that I like the art and the description of the Black cards the most and some black decks have similarities as Dark World in YuGiOh, getting monsters in the graveyard to summon them once again and this whole evil, dark vibe around them.