Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nice to see Sigarda again, this time she gives her Hexproof to others and can create weenies too. Jace is good too but not super good at that CMC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drogskul Cavalry is a cool idea, but I think it would work better as a smaller body for a less cost. Seven mana for that is just way too late, in a color combo that doesn't have mana acceleration.

Rattlechains is awesome, speaking of spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Drogskul Cavalry is a cool idea, but I think it would work better as a smaller body for a less cost. Seven mana for that is just way too late, in a color combo that doesn't have mana acceleration.

Rattlechains is awesome, speaking of spirits.
    I can only hope for more spirit tribal, considering damn near every vampire talks about vampires and there are quite a few zombie tribal cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Super pushed Blood Scrivener, because why not.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Best card of the new set.

All zombie decks love this guy.

Love Triskaidekaphobia. Just sad they couldn't make it the 13th card of the set.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

As an old school MtG player, I hate the look of the new cards.

Full set up for SoI and I gotta say that this set is leagues better than BFZ, which makes you wonder if it was because this was specifically designed around the new block structure or because the right people were picked for the job. The flavor is much better and there are a lot of cards with plenty of uses, even Geistblast has plenty of uses for creative deck building or EDH shenanigans.

Seeing scarecrows again is awesome, seeing a mole for the first time is awesome, seeing another proper Nightmare creature is awesome.

I do quite enjoy the love my Mazirek EDH is going to get from this.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2016-03-26 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Full set up for SoI and I gotta say that this set is leagues better than BFZ, which makes you wonder if it was because this was specifically designed around the new block structure or because the right people were picked for the job. The flavor is much better and there are a lot of cards with plenty of uses, even Geistblast has plenty of uses for creative deck building or EDH shenanigans.

Seeing scarecrows again is awesome, seeing a mole for the first time is awesome, seeing another proper Nightmare creature is awesome.

I do quite enjoy the love my Mazirek EDH is going to get from this.
    That's how I feel. As a mainly EDH player, I gave BFZ a big ol' meeeeeehhhhhhh. I think I used maybe three cards out of the entire set, and I have 13 EDH decks. This one on the other hand, it isn't so much that there are a lot of cards that I will use, but I see a lot that I know my friends can use in their EDH decks, and several I'll be using in my 60 card kitchen table legacy decks. And yeah, the set is just so much more flavorful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Black is my main color, I'm really loving the cards in SoI. I just felt so shafted in the the BFZ block.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    Since Black is my main color, I'm really loving the cards in SoI. I just felt so shafted in the the BFZ block.
    Practically everyone felt shafted by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Practically everyone felt shafted by it.
    It just felt so flavorless. :/
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    It just felt so flavorless. :/
    That it was, not to mention far weaker than most sets are, were very lottery ticket esque with the Expeditions, and even the lowest of expectations barely being met.

Well Ancestral Visions and Sword of the Meek got unbanned in Modern, and AV jumped to more than twice its price and Sword practically quintupled.

Well, visions is a good unban. It is unlikely to end up in dominating deck, if it is even used at all. Sword, I am less certain. The golem restriction is MASSIVE for vintage. It is one of the biggest ones ever, definitely the biggest impact in modern times.

Eye is expected and necessary. Could be temple and mimic instead, to preserve tron, but this gets the job done with just one ban and prevents other corner cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I have a foil Sword of the Meek. About a year ago a friend wanted it for a deck, offered me $5 for it. Glad I didn't accept the offer. That sucker's going on ebay for $75 right meow.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Wow. I have a foil Sword of the Meek. About a year ago a friend wanted it for a deck, offered me $5 for it. Glad I didn't accept the offer. That sucker's going on ebay for $75 right meow.
    The two Ancestral Visions I have from Duel Decks are quite happy about it.

- - - Updated - - -

This has to be the one Magic centric Youtuber that truly pisses me off. I just.....how do you not know about that color indicator? It's been around for almost 5 years and used in 3 different sets before SoI.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two Ancestral Visions I have from Duel Decks are quite happy about it.

- - - Updated - - -

This has to be the one Magic centric Youtuber that truly pisses me off. I just.....how do you not know about that color indicator? It's been around for almost 5 years and used in 3 different sets before SoI.

Generation ADHD.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Generation ADHD.
    Not only that, but he is one of those players that constantly complains about things like combo and control, blue in general, and wants things like Lightning Bolt banned in Modern and is under the impression that the red Beacon is too OP. Thinks Storm is unstoppable, while also saying you can beat it, and in general thinks the game is so easily broken. He bashes netdeckers like they are trash, and thinks almost every card in the top 10 Modern decks needs banned in the format so "you can get the other cards more easily."

He thinks Magic will crumble underneath Thing in the Ice and Cryptolith Rite, saying Storm will be too strong to stop with Thing.

He is pure frustration from the random shit he says.

Found this rather interesting. Looks like Wizards may have been testing dual flip cards at one time, which has led someone to believe we will be seeing that in the next set for whatever big crazy thing we are about to see.