Page 93 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could you explain what a dual flip card is, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Is it too much effort to click on the link he provided?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Two separate cards that flip over to become one single card. Much like in the same vein that B.F.M. is two cards you need to play it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Is it too much effort to click on the link he provided?
    I clicked the link. I saw no explanation, nor anything that would fit the name, and therefore, I opted to ask.

Why the fuck do people online think a question is a negative thing? Is this how you act in real life, in your jobs, in your day-to-day operations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Two separate cards that flip over to become one single card. Much like in the same vein that B.F.M. is two cards you need to play it.
    Thank you. Seems a crappy name for it, if you ask me. Extremely non-descriptive. Still, doubt this is enough evidence to conclude that there was a test, and quite possibly it might just have been an error. I mean, it's not like it has not happened before, and when it did I don't remember anyone speculating about this. Is there any actual evidence other than that crad printed over two cardspaces?

Thank you. Seems a crappy name for it, if you ask me. Extremely non-descriptive. Still, doubt this is enough evidence to conclude that there was a test, and quite possibly it might just have been an error. I mean, it's not like it has not happened before, and when it did I don't remember anyone speculating about this. Is there any actual evidence other than that crad printed over two cardspaces?
    It seems there were a few test prints like this and the reason that image exists is someone was able to buy it off of Ebay. On the Endbringer side the name area has a space for a sun/moon, which is about the best evidence towards a real test on it. Of course I will agree it would need work to truly be capable. A few card games have tested the two card thing, mostly Duel Masters though and then there is Pokemon a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I bought a fat pack and a precon. I got the spirit precon, because that's the deck I ended up with in the first Innistrad, and also they didn't have much choice at work.

I don't like investigate. It seems really slow, but the main problem is, it's integrated to be a blue/green deck. Guess which two colors has the least issue drawing cards? Yeah.

I also don't like delirium.

Out of the fat pack and the two boosters from the precon, all I really ended up with was two Startled Awake's. Which I like. I got one Shamble Back, whichc I still contest is super OP for a one-drop common (he says while he cradles his Ezuri Archers)

Got Tamiyo's Journal, which is cool. Gives an alternate use for the clues.

Got a Forgotten Creation, which my friend wants.

Tenacity is a nice uncommon, as is Uninvited Guest. And Essence Flux. I got Thalia's Lieutenant, which is a nice callback to Mikaeus.

Grotesque Mutation is also a nice common.

And now I want a human deck. Ooh, and they should bring back curses, and try to make them a relevant deck (mine had very few creatures and was at least four colors).

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So I bought a fat pack and a precon. I got the spirit precon, because that's the deck I ended up with in the first Innistrad, and also they didn't have much choice at work.

I don't like investigate. It seems really slow, but the main problem is, it's integrated to be a blue/green deck. Guess which two colors has the least issue drawing cards? Yeah.

I also don't like delirium.

Out of the fat pack and the two boosters from the precon, all I really ended up with was two Startled Awake's. Which I like. I got one Shamble Back, whichc I still contest is super OP for a one-drop common (he says while he cradles his Ezuri Archers)

Got Tamiyo's Journal, which is cool. Gives an alternate use for the clues.

Got a Forgotten Creation, which my friend wants.

Tenacity is a nice uncommon, as is Uninvited Guest. And Essence Flux. I got Thalia's Lieutenant, which is a nice callback to Mikaeus.

Grotesque Mutation is also a nice common.

And now I want a human deck. Ooh, and they should bring back curses, and try to make them a relevant deck (mine had very few creatures and was at least four colors).
    I personally love clues and investigate, but then again I've been using things like Ulvenwald Mysteries and Tireless Tracker in EDH decks and it is very enjoyable to just be able to draw cards in decks that have a little harder time of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    After moving to a new apartment, and conglomerating all of my cards into a box to move them, I finally got done sorting and (guestimating) counting them. I am officially over the 50,000 card mark. Over the years I've been slowly moving my sets into binders, keeping a playset of each card, and tossing the rest into my 'overstock' box. Unfortunately I've gotten lazy, and my overstock box has turned into overstock boxES, and basically all the new cards I get just get tossed into these boxes. I really wish I had the time and motivation to continue sorting them into binders, it would make finding specific cards so much easier than sorting through massive boxes -_-.

I do currently have them all sorted by color in the boxes, so it isn't so bad. But I would imagine I can bring that 50k mark down quite a bit if I'd just sort them out. I know I have at least 2-3 playsets of several cards, just from opening booster boxes and whatnot. A bunch of useless cards I will never use.

The problem I'm running into, is I now have 4 5,000 count boxes full, and several smaller ones, and they're taking up a lot of space. Not to mention they weigh a fucking ton. Not to mention the 40+ binders I have, which is fine, I want them all in binders, but I'm also running out of room for those lol. I might have to invest in a filing cabinet or something.

Over the years, I've probably given 10,000 or more cards to people, to either start their own collections, help them build decks, stuff like that. I very rarely trade, I just buy everything I need (or get them in boosters). I've been playing since Alpha, my MTG collection could buy me a fucking mansion at this point. Last time I had my Alpha collection valued, it pushed the $75,000 mark, but that was back when lotuses were only about $1,500 lol.

Aren't they pretty? :-)

I'm also apparently not the target audience for MTG anymore. I haven't been excited for a set (as I'm sure many of you have noticed me bitching about in this thread lol) in a very, very long time. I used to love building decks whenever a set came out, using mostly cards from that set or block. But nothing has appealed to me to do this anymore. I have a bunch of legacy 60 card decks, and I have a growing collection of EDH decks, and with each set that comes out, I may use about 10 or less to update my decks. I haven't bought booster packs since Battle for Zendikar, and only because I wanted a try for an expedition land. I got one, sold it, and bought enough full art basics to last me for a decade. It's sad that I was more excited about the full art basics than anything else.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2016-04-25 at 08:44 AM.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

After moving to a new apartment, and conglomerating all of my cards into a box to move them, I finally got done sorting and (guestimating) counting them. I am officially over the 50,000 card mark. Over the years I've been slowly moving my sets into binders, keeping a playset of each card, and tossing the rest into my 'overstock' box. Unfortunately I've gotten lazy, and my overstock box has turned into overstock boxES, and basically all the new cards I get just get tossed into these boxes. I really wish I had the time and motivation to continue sorting them into binders, it would make finding specific cards so much easier than sorting through massive boxes -_-.

I do currently have them all sorted by color in the boxes, so it isn't so bad. But I would imagine I can bring that 50k mark down quite a bit if I'd just sort them out. I know I have at least 2-3 playsets of several cards, just from opening booster boxes and whatnot. A bunch of useless cards I will never use.

The problem I'm running into, is I now have 4 5,000 count boxes full, and several smaller ones, and they're taking up a lot of space. Not to mention they weigh a fucking ton. Not to mention the 40+ binders I have, which is fine, I want them all in binders, but I'm also running out of room for those lol. I might have to invest in a filing cabinet or something.

Over the years, I've probably given 10,000 or more cards to people, to either start their own collections, help them build decks, stuff like that. I very rarely trade, I just buy everything I need (or get them in boosters). I've been playing since Alpha, my MTG collection could buy me a fucking mansion at this point. Last time I had my Alpha collection valued, it pushed the $75,000 mark, but that was back when lotuses were only about $1,500 lol.

I'm also apparently not the target audience for MTG anymore. I haven't been excited for a set (as I'm sure many of you have noticed me bitching about in this thread lol) in a very, very long time. I used to love building decks whenever a set came out, using mostly cards from that set or block. But nothing has appealed to me to do this anymore. I have a bunch of legacy 60 card decks, and I have a growing collection of EDH decks, and with each set that comes out, I may use about 10 or less to update my decks. I haven't bought booster packs since Battle for Zendikar, and only because I wanted a try for an expedition land. I got one, sold it, and bought enough full art basics to last me for a decade. It's sad that I was more excited about the full art basics than anything else.
    Having once owned a similar collection both in raw amount of cards and also age/value I can sympathize with what you're talking about here. It's lots of work to stay on top of, organizing, storing and even the decisions revolving around what to store them in, how to protect them against damage are all major obstacles once you get to this size of a hoarde and the biggest thing is time, time, time.

I sold all of my stuff, though I wish I'd have held it for a few more years because I sold before the explosion of Legacy which made the staples a big deal and I had a ton of everything and could have bought my own mansion as well. That's the breaks of selling though. What it did show me is that the time and effort to sustain a collection that size isn't really worth it unless you're looking to be a dealer or ebayer. When you're like me and sitting on 100+ Entomb because they were a dollar at one point and you're NOT looking to be a dealer but you can't pass up a deal that good no matter what in your tradebait obsessed mind it explodes quickly into other cards and just becomes a huge mess.

Take that overflow and turn it into something else more beneficial for yourself, doesn't sound like you want to sell out completely but are just starting to realize how quickly things can balloon out of control. Lean and mean, it'll take time but you'll thank yourself whenever it comes time to handle, catalog or just peruse your collection.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/FHTwG91l.jpg[/IG]

You have quite the amazing collection there. Magic will come and go for many, I know I've stopped a few times throughout the years and it sounds like you are at a similar point. If that collection increases in value more you know you could easily pay for college for a kid or two.

Hey endersblade, did not even magic origins interest you? That set managed to get the interest of a lot of older players due to how inventive and whacky some of its cards were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey endersblade, did not even magic origins interest you? That set managed to get the interest of a lot of older players due to how inventive and whacky some of its cards were.
    I'm not a fan of planeswalkers (I thought that's what WE were supposed to be?!?!), and Origins is largely based around them. There were some decent cards in the set, yes. But the fact that it's the last of its kind, it really pisses me off. I loved core sets. It let WotC print cards/themes without having to fit them into a block. Like slivers. Without core sets, I don't think we'll ever see slivers again. Core sets were another chance for some players to get hold of cards that were prohibitively expensive in-block, but as reprints they were cheap.

I'm not a competitive player by any means. I enjoy longer games to shorter ones, I enjoy drawn-out strategy to T3 wins. My last tournament was in 1994. I build decks for fun. I don't care if I win, as long as the game is enjoyable. I don't run Wraths or Lando because if I wanted to reset the game, I would just, you know, reset the game.

Magic seems to be going in the opposite direction, especially with the removal of Core sets. Everything is made for drafts and T1 now. Many cards are not useful except in the set/block in which they were printed. "Limited bomb" I think people call them. Now, that's perfectly fine if that's the main attraction for people now a days, but it's not what I'm interested in, and so each set is just a let down. Hardly anything even warrants a second glance in legacy play, they keep creating new and limited tribes instead of adding to tried and true tribes (I LOVE building tribal decks!), and they keep making inferior reprints of cards that weren't broken to begin with (See: Skyshroud Claim vs Ranger's Path).

10+ Year Old Account
    News of upcoming sets. I'm pretty excited.

http://epicstream.com/news/The-Next-...ras-Home-Plane

Especially the 4 color commanders! This is going to be interesting indeed.

Going back to Kaladesh makes my Daretti EDH hyped, plus it was pretty interesting when we were there in Origins.

Commander 2016 is definitely exciting. Hopefully the decks won't be super clunky because they have terrible mana bases out of the box, so hopefully they have better than refuges for mana bases.

Planechase Anthology is my biggest pet peeve. In NO WAY should this be $150, for what is basically 5 decks, when DD Anthology was 8 decks and was only $100. At most this product should be $100, or $75 at least. Getting the rest of the planes I need is tempting though, but I bet we'll be able to find a sealed pack of them on some website or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Going back to Kaladesh makes my Daretti EDH hyped, plus it was pretty interesting when we were there in Origins.

Commander 2016 is definitely exciting. Hopefully the decks won't be super clunky because they have terrible mana bases out of the box, so hopefully they have better than refuges for mana bases.

Planechase Anthology is my biggest pet peeve. In NO WAY should this be $150, for what is basically 5 decks, when DD Anthology was 8 decks and was only $100. At most this product should be $100, or $75 at least. Getting the rest of the planes I need is tempting though, but I bet we'll be able to find a sealed pack of them on some website or another.
    I missed out on the Planechase stuff the first time around. The prices on the individual decks are going for stupid amounts of money on ebay. Some of them are even more than $100. I don't care if the box is going to be $150 - not only will it probably drop in price, but it's a lot less than buying the decks individually.

The CMD decks being 4-color is going to be interesting. As long as they don't print Ink-treader Nephilim that is lol. Any time someone throws up an argument to use a 4-CMC general, it's ALWAYS Ink-treader.

I missed out on the Planechase stuff the first time around. The prices on the individual decks are going for stupid amounts of money on ebay. Some of them are even more than $100. I don't care if the box is going to be $150 - not only will it probably drop in price, but it's a lot less than buying the decks individually.

The CMD decks being 4-color is going to be interesting. As long as they don't print Ink-treader Nephilim that is lol. Any time someone throws up an argument to use a 4-CMC general, it's ALWAYS Ink-treader.
    Even if the decks go for $100 now that shouldn't mean that Wizards uses this chance to overcharge for this. If they wanted they could have done 6-8 decks and put the planar cards in, and bring decks from 2009 and 2012 in them. There are three decks specifically that they need to choose, the 5 color cascade, the UB ninja deck, and either W/G or R/G decks. Hopefully those four are chosen, I definitely wouldn't mind the 5 color cascade and the like $50+ worth of cards in it. They are getting a bit grabby with the money the last few years, and for little reason. Planechase isn't exactly popular, it has its niche sure but these are more likely to gather dust at $150 than $100, which is where this feels much more appropriately priced at.

It would be sweet if one set of the generals are new nephalim, and then they make the other set of them more like the Khans from Khans of Tarkir, where casting them is only two colors, but they have abilities with the other colors. I bet the first set of nephalim will be in these, as they are the only other 4 color cards we have.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2016-05-17 at 08:26 AM.

I'm not a fan of planeswalkers (I thought that's what WE were supposed to be?!?!), and Origins is largely based around them. There were some decent cards in the set, yes. But the fact that it's the last of its kind, it really pisses me off. I loved core sets. It let WotC print cards/themes without having to fit them into a block. Like slivers. Without core sets, I don't think we'll ever see slivers again. Core sets were another chance for some players to get hold of cards that were prohibitively expensive in-block, but as reprints they were cheap.

I'm not a competitive player by any means. I enjoy longer games to shorter ones, I enjoy drawn-out strategy to T3 wins. My last tournament was in 1994. I build decks for fun. I don't care if I win, as long as the game is enjoyable. I don't run Wraths or Lando because if I wanted to reset the game, I would just, you know, reset the game.

Magic seems to be going in the opposite direction, especially with the removal of Core sets. Everything is made for drafts and T1 now. Many cards are not useful except in the set/block in which they were printed. "Limited bomb" I think people call them. Now, that's perfectly fine if that's the main attraction for people now a days, but it's not what I'm interested in, and so each set is just a let down. Hardly anything even warrants a second glance in legacy play, they keep creating new and limited tribes instead of adding to tried and true tribes (I LOVE building tribal decks!), and they keep making inferior reprints of cards that weren't broken to begin with (See: Skyshroud Claim vs Ranger's Path).
    I quit playing competitive MTG in 2007 during Lorwyn block for the same reasons you're saying MTG sucks now. You pretty much have to concede that MTG is just a huge time/money sink anymore, there's no reason to repetitively buy new cards for someone who is just having fun playing the game. Limited bombs are just cards that are really good in Limited and those aren't new either. I was drafting Limited Bombs in 1999.

MTG, since about 1996ish, has been all about the limited play formats and providing new stuff every 4 months. Sadly, Odyssey Block was the last block I actually enjoyed as a new block. After that, it was just a struggle to keep up with the ever-changing T2 format at the stupid things that we could do because Wotc let us. /shrug. I like your P9 and I wish the game was young still. Hearthstone is quickly becoming MTG 2.0 and I am on the fence about that abortion too.

Anyway, cheers to your geek fortune!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys need some advice. This weekend finally getting some down time to spend with my girlfriend and her kids and I'm stoked to play some magic with her youngest. We have constructed decks but I thought limited might be fun. I bought like 8 packs for fun but I'm not sure what limited format is best for 2 people? Any advice?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Hey guys need some advice. This weekend finally getting some down time to spend with my girlfriend and her kids and I'm stoked to play some magic with her youngest. We have constructed decks but I thought limited might be fun. I bought like 8 packs for fun but I'm not sure what limited format is best for 2 people? Any advice?
    It's not the best for two people, but you could always just draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I find sealed to be best with only two people, but with 8 packs a draft would probably be the best option.