Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    We need an MMO from this now.
    There is a Magic MMO currently in development. I can't say I have high hopes for it, but only time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Commander Spoilers. Mirri finally gets a great card.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

- - - Updated - - -

Cats are always knocking stuff over.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we got our first look at Ixalan and some interesting things are taking place. Yes that is a legendary walker and now walkers work like how legendaries normally work, so you can have two different named Jaces, Gideons, Nissas, or Ajanis.

Hascon has come and with it we have previews galore from Iconic Masters and Ixalan.

Horizon Canopy ('bout damn time)
    Primeval Titan
    Thundermaw Hellkite
    Restoration Angel (with Promo art)
    MANA DRAIN
    All 5 Kamigawa Dragons with new art (I uhg'ed at this)

New Vraska is very nice

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally excited for Jin-Gitaxias and Consecrated Sphinx for my new commander deck and Lotus Cobra.

With Iconic Masters fully spoiled, thanks to the events at Hascon, it's definitely not great. It's barely as good as Eternal Masters, and that wasn't very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    With Iconic Masters fully spoiled, thanks to the events at Hascon, it's definitely not great. It's barely as good as Eternal Masters, and that wasn't very good.
    Are you kidding me? They're freaking reprinting MANA DRAIN FFS. Necropotence, all the praetors, all the Kamigawa Dragons...this set is a gold mine.

Speaking of gold mine, I'd like to share my holy of holies: The $20,000 Sliver EDH deck!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-11...z-edh-slivers/
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Are you kidding me? They're freaking reprinting MANA DRAIN FFS. Necropotence, all the praetors, all the Kamigawa Dragons...this set is a gold mine.
    One card does not a set make.

The set just doesn't feel "Iconic". They touted it as angels, hydras, dragons, and other things like that, but we really only got dragons, and unfortunately most players felt that Iconic was more about cool or amazing old cards that are deemed iconic in a historical sense for the game. It just doesn't feel iconic and yet again no reason for these packs being $10 for something this boring and not on point.

Honestly this set seems like something they came out with last minute when they saw they had a gap in the release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've kind of dropped out of MTG for the last year or two, but I'm really hoping Arena gives me a reason to play again. Playing in RL just isn't gonna work for me and MTGO is just awful.
    I'll never understand why they haven't updated MTGO yet.

I was hoping there would be one of these in the new Un-set.

Finally played some Magic with my wife again tonight after over a year of not playing at all. We just played Duel Decks against each other but it was lots of fun Might have to look into the new Commander decks.
    Good on you with having fun with the wife that way. The new commander decks are a tad flawed, but overall still a good product. Did you end up playing with the new Merfolk vs. Goblin duel decks?

We played our older Zendikar vs. Eldrazi and Blessed vs. Cursed. She's probably going to get me the Merfolk vs. Goblin for Christmas, along with the deck box for it. We like playing the different pre-con product because it tends to be balanced against each other so we have fun games where no one just stomps on the other We'll probably look into attending a pre-release the next time one rolls around though, those are pretty fun.
    I agree that Duel Decks are great for a balanced game, although it's pretty common that one is better than the other.

The next prerelease coming up in your area might be for Unstable, which is another "joke set" they do rarely. I do recommend it as those cards are hilarious to play with and this particular set the cards are closer to actual cards than some of the crazier ones in the past.

Speaking of which here is a new card for it they just showed.

Yeah, I've noticed the new Un set is being spoiled this week Loved the card, X, just the way it read lol. Caught that Urza card on Reddit earlier today as well, it'll be interesting to see what it does when the set and site goes live lol.

Besides the Duel Decks we also play the Commander pre-cons and I'm thinking of picking up some of the Planewalker intro decks, figure those should be fairly balanced with each other. It just makes for a more fun experience considering it's just the two of us playing each other. The last time I tried to gel into a Magic store community we just never fit, we're a bit older than most of the crowd in our late 40s
    Sounds like some fun. I wouldn't recommend the Planeswalker decks, but I look more at value in the deck when it comes to those than anything else. The Commander decks are always a fun time.

You know, I used to love Friday Nights but watching just the first few minutes of that I just couldn't quite get into it. I mean, the acting has never been stellar or anything which was part of the charm ... but something about the beginning of that one just didn't feel fun for some reason I should probably give it another chance sometime soon, as I used to really enjoy it.
    Over time they did get a little worse, I think the series worked better when they seemed like normal Magic players than right now with them making what feels like skits.

Is there any theme decks for Unstable? I'd like for the wife and I to play some of it but don't want to just buy packs and try to build decks. Just not into maintaining an actual collection any longer either lol.
    Unfortunately no decks for it, so you would have to buy packs, but if you want you could make sealed decks. Buy 6 packs each, build a deck from those cards, and have fun that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been playing with my friends again lately, and a random rule question came up. My friend uses a Gravepower deck with Laboratory Maniac. If this card's effect triggers, but his opponent has a card that says "you can't lose the game", what happens?

Also, did something I haven't done in a long time, which was order cards. Putting together a white life gain deck. Had to avoid paying for some really expensive stuff though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So I've been playing with my friends again lately, and a random rule question came up. My friend uses a Gravepower deck with Laboratory Maniac. If this card's effect triggers, but his opponent has a card that says "you can't lose the game", what happens?
    So I had to look this up. Lab Maniac replaces the draw, so they won't win because of the other effect but they won't lose either since they technically never draw from the empty library. In this case, the game would continue as normal until one of the effects is removed. I believe...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, after the return to Dominaria, we get to return return to Ravnica! Three full sets and supposedly the end of the Gatewatch saga.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...day-2018-05-18

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Also, after the return to Dominaria, we get to return return to Ravnica! Three full sets and supposedly the end of the Gatewatch saga.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...day-2018-05-18
    Announcement Day was kind of lame, seeing as Ravnica was easy to foresee coming and we only learned about two cards for Battlebond with Guild Decks coming for Ravnica. After that it was a bit boring. I expected to learn a bit about Commander at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Anyone else following Magic just for the story or is it just me?
    I also read the story, it can be interesting from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I like the planeswalkers as characters and the way they handle the story these days with short chapters published weekly instead of those atrocious novels they used to have is excellent. The writers are quite decent as well.
    I miss the novels a bit though, those fat packs definitely felt worth it to me.