Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    i love melee in pvp

it's just terrible in dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    the dungeons are terrible

its not fun when you can dodge every special and then you die to an auto attack. that's just plain shit.
    You don't die, you are downed. BIG difference there. And if you do die you can frequently run back and re-join the fight.

Also, if 1 melee attack is killing you then you're doing something very very wrong and somehow managed to break the game and not get any HP when leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You don't die, you are downed. BIG difference there. And if you do die you can frequently run back and re-join the fight.

Also, if 1 melee attack is killing you then you're doing something very very wrong and somehow managed to break the game and not get any HP when leveling.
    25k HP and I've been gibbed in dungeons. Not downed just straight up killed. Maybe you guys aren't doing the hard dungeons

Weakness is your friend, reduces all non crit damage dealt by 50%. In case you are bad at math that's almost half! Conditions are the way you win and almost every melee auto attack applies them and melee do a lot more damage than ranged.

Melee is high risk high reward, if you dislike it a lot it may not be for you.

And in regards to doing dungeons, I'm 60 now and I've pugged every dungeon so far as soon as they are available and haven't had to bow out of one yet. All it takes is a bit of determination.

Also playing melee since bwe1 when mobs your own level could put a hurtin on you 1v1 probably helps.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    25k HP and I've been gibbed in dungeons. Not downed just straight up killed. Maybe you guys aren't doing the hard dungeons
    Ok well first of all you can't be killed without going to downed first UNLESS you've already died like 5 times within a minute before that. Which leads back to you not playing right as that should never happen. Second of all, no REGULAR melee attack that does not have a warning will do 25k damage. Sure, a special attack like an ettin's overhead smash will but you have plenty of time to move. Or the grip in AC explorable into the tornado blades of death will one shot you but it can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    The only way this is possible is if the last bit of damage dealt to you was falling damage as you don't go into downed from fall damage. Or as previously said you've been downed way too many times in a short period of times. Or you got hit with a multi hitting barrage style attack that put you down and kept going to kill you. The last one is designed for you to avoid not withstand.

Other than those reasons you don't go from alive to immediately dead.