Thread: which trinket

which trinket

Saw a rogue using the pvp proc trinket with heroic wrath.. thought it was odd, so my question is do I go with ...

Current

Heroic wrath
    heroic compass

or

Heroic wrath
    proc pvp trinket

this is for assassination as always

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Saw a rogue using the pvp proc trinket with heroic wrath.. thought it was odd, so my question is do I go with ...

Current

Heroic wrath
    heroic compass

or

Heroic wrath
    proc pvp trinket

this is for assassination as always
    Since the PvP on use trinket now has 400 something static agility added to it in 5.0.4 and the on use agility is on a 2min cooldown, Vendetta becomes really powerful, personally I'm full BiS and I use the one use PvP trinket as assassination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    Since the PvP on use trinket now has 400 something static agility added to it in 5.0.4 and the on use agility is on a 2min cooldown, Vendetta becomes really powerful, personally I'm full BiS and I use the one use PvP trinket as assassination.
    Same here. Suddenly going from 15.5k to over 20k AP directly for vendetta has been working wonders. Iirc the math was showing compass very very close to the proc trinket for agility/haste EP uptimes with the over/under practically depending on how lucky you are with proccing the pvp trinket. The clicky pvp trinket has a lower total agility, but it lines up, perfectly, with Vendetta.

Don't have SimC results trying to compare the two, so it's possible I'm shooting myself in the foot for not using the proc trinket... but the on-demand burst also let us get through madness with only 9 people.

If we assume perfect uptime and a /2minutes fight length, the clicky trinket comes out to 832.1666~ agility, and goes up for fights that don't match the /2minutes model. By the time you're in a 3 minute fight it's definitely ahead (and edging out H Wrath - 966.5 avg. agi, but split so that your +2.4k is only during vendettas).
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-09-05 at 03:51 PM.

The proc pvp trinket averages 957 agility according to elitist jerks, which is really good considering that the normal version of wrath of the unchaining caps out at 880 agi and the heroic version at 990 agi.

I'm not sure about the on use version, however the proc version seems to be better than basically every heroic trinket other than wrath of the unchaining from the numbers they have run.

Heroic wrath & proc pvp trinket. On tendons, use the on-use pvp trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by fffxc2 View Post
    The proc pvp trinket averages 957 agility according to elitist jerks, which is really good considering that the normal version of wrath of the unchaining caps out at 880 agi and the heroic version at 990 agi.
    957 worst case scenario. That average assumes the proc comes off cooldown right as the fight ends, which almost never happens. The proc pvp trinket is truthfully about equal to heroic wrath, and is quite a bit better than heroic compass.

As I don't have heroic Wrath (or even normal, despite my 20-some kills on spine), I'm using two PvP trinkets myself.

Deleted
    Thank you mael
    Last edited by mmoce005057d2d; 2012-09-07 at 06:51 AM. Reason: im a nub

learn to read rest of thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    HC Compass
    LFR Wrath
    PvP on use
    PvP Proc

Best combo = ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    957 worst case scenario. That average assumes the proc comes off cooldown right as the fight ends, which almost never happens. The proc pvp trinket is truthfully about equal to heroic wrath, and is quite a bit better than heroic compass.

As I don't have heroic Wrath (or even normal, despite my 20-some kills on spine), I'm using two PvP trinkets myself.
    ...directly before your post, Mutix.

Deleted
    Ma bad guyz, long day

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda depends on the situation, for a burst needed fight (Or you have time to use a trinkets full proc), I'd say go with PvP Proc Trinket (I think it now has mastery?), and Compass. If you're going for just an outright fight I'd go with Compass and Wrath.

Nah it doesn't have mastery now. It's agility and agility.*

And in any situation for any dps class assuming you can attack for just a couple of seconds at least during the phase, the spine trinkets are the best. 990 agility/strength/intellect beats any other trinket available.*

And lastly the new proc on the pvp trinket wins over compass on a flat out dps fight.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lfr wrath and lfr shadow, what do you think will be better for assas to use pvp proc trinket and lfr vial or stay with 2 lfr combo trinkets ???

Thx

Use both of the PvP trinkets. For assassination the only thing that's better is heroic Wrath, and that's just barely.