Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I just did sorrows embrace

And wow that was a good tough instance. So far each instance has done a good job ramping in challenge and difficulty and so far this one has not disappointed. The most surprising thing for me was after and epicly long struggle with a boss where we had to constantly change utility skills for each of his phases, rezzing allies from downed state innumerable times, and when we finally beat it all of us exclaimed with joy. And immediately following we were ambushed by more mobs. THAT WASN'T THE LAST BOSS?! Our entire group echoed this sentiment at once.

And the last boss himself, while not as difficult proved just as fun and a really cool fight. For anyone that hasn't done it yet I highly recommend this instance. It's pretty tough but just get some hearty people to take it on. I did this in a pug group btw so it is possible to do with pugs.

So you deem it worthy of taking over as the successor to Sorrow's Furnace? That was my favorite place in all of GW1.

Sorry to disappoint but I never played GW1 >.<
    Someone else may be better equipped to answer that.

im just guessing your referring to the asura + 3 golem fight. Yea it took my group like 3 hrs for that dungeon. And took us like 1 and a half hours to figure out that 1 golem that sprays fire everywhere. Lucky im a theif with a shortbow and my backshot skill can evade that attack so i dont get 1 shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgemaster is a wonderful throwback to gw1 and is the best way to pay tribute to sf- make it better
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    And wow that was a good tough instance. So far each instance has done a good job ramping in challenge and difficulty and so far this one has not disappointed. The most surprising thing for me was after and epicly long struggle with a boss where we had to constantly change utility skills for each of his phases, rezzing allies from downed state innumerable times, and when we finally beat it all of us exclaimed with joy. And immediately following we were ambushed by more mobs. THAT WASN'T THE LAST BOSS?! Our entire group echoed this sentiment at once.

And the last boss himself, while not as difficult proved just as fun and a really cool fight. For anyone that hasn't done it yet I highly recommend this instance. It's pretty tough but just get some hearty people to take it on. I did this in a pug group btw so it is possible to do with pugs.
    Yeah that boss with the 3 golems sucked. Just did it last night. We wiped once on the second golem then that was it. Think we wiped more on trash (those trash compactors killed half our party lol). Tons of rezzing though and once you figure out the strat for the last boss man was he easy. Should have switched the orders personally but I suppose the forge master was pretty epic.

Deleted

The real problem is finding people who can do it. And that the dungeon takes a very long time to go through, like all the others. Doing them once is fun. Doing them several times over is really painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only hard part was the fire golum imo.

Did the Arah final dungeon last night, wasn't that hard at all the final fight against zhaitan was just so fucking shit, not epic at all not done Flame Citidel or the waves one yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    im just guessing your referring to the asura + 3 golem fight. Yea it took my group like 3 hrs for that dungeon. And took us like 1 and a half hours to figure out that 1 golem that sprays fire everywhere. Lucky im a theif with a shortbow and my backshot skill can evade that attack so i dont get 1 shot.
    Yea that fire golem is such a bitch, it was pretty funny cause me and the other warrior in the group were using the shake it off utility skill and so every 15 seconds or so you hear a person screaming SHAKE IT OFF!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez, I've only done AC story-mode. I need to catch up on all these dungeons, level 70 now >.<

Yea that fire golem is such a bitch, it was pretty funny cause me and the other warrior in the group were using the shake it off utility skill and so every 15 seconds or so you hear a person screaming SHAKE IT OFF!
    It worked on the last golem (the one that grips you) and it may well work on the others but that raised platform that has the fence, if you stand at the right angle you could shoot over it and hit the boss but his grip would just pull you into it and you'd stop so you never got sucked into the poison. So that one was pretty easy for us, one person tanked and tried to stay alive while the other people hid then we rotated and I cleansed conditions as engi with the elixer gun. Fire boss we just ran around like crazy with a warrior healing with banners I think, me healing and dispelling with the elixer gun a ton of rezzing.

The first guy though I don't get how he works, someone would go down and 3 people would go to rez while one guy kept shooting which would cause him to shoot the lightning and own the 3 guys rezzing. It seemed like if you didn't attack he didn't shoot that beam at you and you wanted to be spread out cause it chained?

The first one was easy for us we all went ranged and spread way far out. Those little lightning things won't chain if you are far enough away. Me and the other warrior had the regen glyph on so the damage was completely negligible for us. That boss really gave us a false sense of calm though cause the moment the fire one appeared we got owned.

For that poison one I switched my offhand with a war horn the #4 gives swiftness and breaks all roots and slows so each time he pulled I did a quick swap and buffed the group so we were able to run out without taking any damage.

Crucible of Eternity story mode was PURE. HELL.

When you play dungeons you notice just how bad people are at dodging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The real problem is finding people who can do it. And that the dungeon takes a very long time to go through, like all the others. Doing them once is fun. Doing them several times over is really painful.
    And that's why dungeons are the raids of GW2.
    Valar morghulis

I can't wait to start running the dungeons. Really curious about them. Just need to find a group but maybe I should simply jump in a pug.

So do groups work now? I have tried on 10 different occasions to get into a dungeon group and could never even start the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So do groups work now? I have tried on 10 different occasions to get into a dungeon group and could never even start the dungeon.
    The instancing bugs from like day 2 are fixed just grab 5 people be on same zone and server and hop in
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    the dungeons are terrible

its not fun when you can dodge every special and then you die to an auto attack. that's just plain shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    the dungeons are terrible

its not fun when you can dodge every special and then you die to an auto attack. that's just plain shit.
    You don't die to auto attacks
    The Original Ganksta