Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeon Gold Nerf?

Have they reduced the amount of money that drops in old Dungeons as well as old Raids if anyone knows?
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-04-14 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Have they reduced the amount of money that drops in old Dungeons as well as old Raids if anyone knows?
    Not to sure, but I do feel like with AOE looting, the amount of loot has been nurffed. IE: Been doing Steamvaults and Slavepens for my rep grinds in Outlands, and huge pulls (on heroic) like half/quater instance before 1st boss's, nets very little cloth, like 1 ~ 2g. Lots of clams, but that's a given considering the mob types, and vender trash. Though I did notice most of the gray/white weapons are selling for a decent amount of gold.

I can't speak for 5mans, but raids had their gold normalized.

You now will always loot X gold, regardless of how many players were in the dungeon (so if you would get, on average, 25g/boss with 25 players, you'll still only get 25g/boss solo.)

Doing AoE looting runs in Uldum, I can say that trash, cloth, etc seems on par with how it was pre-aoe-looting.

Off Topic: AoE looting also now compiles extra ore/herbs/etc from bountiful bags into one stack (where before they would appear in the loot frame as two seperate stacks.)

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    yes they have.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yes they have.
    Given that the only gold they normalized was boss drops in raids, state your source pls. Cause I haven't noticed any lowered amounts of gold at all. My 79 Rogue who is farming transmog gear in TBC 5-mans has been getting exactly what I was pre-patch from them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Given that the only gold they normalized was boss drops in raids, state your source pls. Cause I haven't noticed any lowered amounts of gold at all. My 79 Rogue who is farming transmog gear in TBC 5-mans has been getting exactly what I was pre-patch from them.
    they normalized all gold drops from normal monsters and boss monsters in raids and dungeons. so 5 mans get 1/5th the gold if you're by yourself, 10mans 1/10th, etc...

can't find a source quick but it's true.

here's your source http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147286884#9
    Last edited by bals; 2012-09-05 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they normalized all gold drops from normal monsters and boss monsters in raids and dungeons. so 5 mans don't 1/5th the gold if you're by yourself, 10mans 1/10th, etc...

can't find a source quick but it's true.
    That conflicts with what the guy says above about DUNGEONS - I know it is the case with raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    That conflicts with what the guy says above about DUNGEONS - I know it is the case with raids.
    bals is right.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In general, enemies in raids and dungeons drop significantly more gold than outdoor foes, specifically because we are assuming that the gold is going to be split 5, 10, or 25 ways. As player power rises over time, it obviously becomes possible to complete old content with significantly fewer players, such that the gold rewards become disproportionately high.

In the past, our only solution was to drastically reduce the gold dropped by legacy content across the board (e.g., Magtheridon, much of Karazhan, etc.). In Mists, we have a new system in place that normalizes gold yield based on the number of players involved in the kill. If a Black Temple enemy drops 100 gold today on live, and you kill it with a 25-player raid group in Mists, it'll also drop 100 gold and each player will get 4 gold. If you solo Black Temple, that enemy will also give you 4 gold. If you do it with 4 friends, it'll drop 20 gold and each of you will get 4.

In other words, the gold obtained from killing raid or dungeon creatures no longer depends upon how many people you bring, or do not bring, with you. This system does not apply to anything in the outdoor world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's not just bosses, it's trash as well in all older dungeons. I was super freaking excited and pulled all the way to Alar in Tempest Keep only too loot like 2g. They averaged 1g per trash mob before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Yeah it's not just bosses, it's trash as well in all older dungeons. I was super freaking excited and pulled all the way to Alar in Tempest Keep only too loot like 2g. They averaged 1g per trash mob before.
    Yeah.....this sux imo. I was hoping for alittle more than 2g
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Yeah.....this sux imo. I was hoping for alittle more than 2g
    I'm just glad I finished my loot 100k gold achievement about a month ago. I would've been a sad panda right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think such a nice feature such as AOE looting would come without a catch do you?

I'm just glad I finished my loot 100k gold achievement about a month ago. I would've been a sad panda right now.
    The question is did you finish your 200k looted that they have now implemented? I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Not to sure, but I do feel like with AOE looting, the amount of loot has been nurffed. IE: Been doing Steamvaults and Slavepens for my rep grinds in Outlands, and huge pulls (on heroic) like half/quater instance before 1st boss's, nets very little cloth, like 1 ~ 2g. Lots of clams, but that's a given considering the mob types, and vender trash. Though I did notice most of the gray/white weapons are selling for a decent amount of gold.
    AOE looting definately seems to not get you as much....doing Tol Barad dailies (left it rather late in the expansion but never mind) when I have to kill the Rustburg (?) villagers I get about 27 silver per villager if i kill and loot them individually however I have done pulls of 5 to 6 mobs and once they are all dead I aoe loot and get around 60 silver :/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah that's interesting that they generalized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    AOE looting definately seems to not get you as much....doing Tol Barad dailies (left it rather late in the expansion but never mind) when I have to kill the Rustburg (?) villagers I get about 27 silver per villager if i kill and loot them individually however I have done pulls of 5 to 6 mobs and once they are all dead I aoe loot and get around 60 silver :/
    Wonder if its been reported on in the official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The question is did you finish your 200k looted that they have now implemented? I know I did.
    Nope. But the funny thing is I stopped at about 101k and didn't play for about 3 weeks. After the patch I was sitting at 120k out of 200k when the new achievement was added. /boggle.

Nope. But the funny thing is I stopped at about 101k and didn't play for about 3 weeks. After the patch I was sitting at 120k out of 200k when the new achievement was added. /boggle.
    No need to boggle

The achievement is shared between characters, much like the honorable kill achievements. So you had one character at 101k and one or more additional characters with a sum of 19k. Upon logging in all of your characters the totals are tallied together for the achievement.

That's because it added up the gold looted amount across all your characters (that you've logged onto since patch.)

Yea its been nerfed to hell

I planned to run every tbc heroic every day before my work started to come in to get a nice pile of gold, but, Noooo

for example,

Hellfire ramps, when I used to solo it bored a few weeks back, each mob dropped between 20s and 78s give or take, as well as the cloth and greens, I was super hyped to start soloing these places with aoe looting, the only thing that put me off soloing old stuff for gold was individually clicking each corpse, so yea mega pissed right now,

But saying that, I still do it, sell greens that arent good for morphing, and white items / grey trash to the vendors, and I make between 200-500g per 2 heroics,

Oh I also AH the cloth atm, its at a high on my server, 10-17g a stack instead of like 4,

oh and I made about 5-600 in kara only going up to opera event, but I pulled every trash pack, lovely soul essences!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate