10+ Year Old Account

Tetanus + Hand of Purity?

Well, we've been farming Heroic Madness for quite a while now but we've never had a warrior tank for it, we've always had a Bear or my Paladin or my Death Knight. Our healers have never had any cooldowns really - Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Holy Priest (one who couldn't play disc...). Therefore, we never had healer cooldowns that would help on the repeated tetanus before. However, we never needed them.

We now have a warrior tank and I'm determined to get him to tank it, healers are the same specs and all that. He can survive everything fine but he gets squished on Tetanus. This is even when we are 2 tanking it.

My question is (and I need people who have tested this please, not just theorycrafting and saying "oh it should work!") does Hand of Purity work on the Tetanus damage? Because it would be available for every single time he tanks the adds and we could then let him solo tank this.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I will check on it (hopefully) today (if my guild raids at all). I don't think that really is the problem though. I don't know why you would need it, since you have Sac, SLT, warrior's personal cooldowns (SW, etc.). Our warrior tank tanked it just fine a while ago without any cooldown coordination whatsoever.

If your warrior gets squished you're not coordinating the cooldowns properly, or your healers are asleep. There is no reason why a warrior should get slaughtered.
    I'll update on the Hand of Purity though, in case we happen to raid, but again, I doubt that's the reason why your warrior tank keeps dying. There's something else in it and logs would definetely help.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    If your warrior gets squished you're not coordinating the cooldowns properly, or your healers are asleep. There is no reason why a warrior should get slaughtered.
    This.

With the way Vengeance works now you can create insane Shield Barriers(was doing 200-300K barriers tonight on Madness) which I imagine he wasn't doing. You also have both Rallying Cry and Last Stand not sharing the same cooldown anymore which gives them an extra buffer for both sets if you even get a 2nd set of Terrors.

Without Pain Suppression the second set may be tricky but you should also have HSac and SLT to keep him alive through it along with whatever externals the DPS can give.

Anyways I imagine HoPurity would work on the DoT portion but obviously not on the application. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the DoT portion. Go test it.

It definitely works on the DoT portion of the terrors. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to manage for those 6 seconds... and if you have a 2nd paladin having them chain it would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Hand of Purity works for the Tetanus DoT. Another useful application for the fight is Corrupting Parasite, Hand of Purity reduces the damage of the debuff before the Parasite drops. Hand of Purity is quickly turning from one of my least favorite talents to one of my favorites (though I still love Clemency).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately I didn't run logs for that night so to find out whether he was using Barrier is something I'm not sure of but knowing that Purity works makes the whole task a hell of a lot easier
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately I didn't run logs for that night so to find out whether he was using Barrier is something I'm not sure of but knowing that Purity works makes the whole task a hell of a lot easier
    Sure it will, but in the long run it won't solve much. If your warrior is at fault, he will continue to be bad in MoP. If your healers are asleep, they will continue to be asleep in MoP. It's better to solve the issue rather than work around it, if you know what I mean.

Basically, once you don't need Hand of Purity, feel good about using it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yes Hand of Purity can be awesome for such mechanics, and many bosses have some nasty dot being thrown around.