Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter Pet Flowchart

Seen a few posts around asking for an updated pet choice flowchart. Consulted with some friends on buff priority and we came up with this. Probably more accurate (ie: complicated) than it needs to be but it covers everything we came up with. Released a condensed version too. Enjoy.
    Updated to 5.05
    Using imgur by request

Legalese: I give full consent to distribute this and future versions of this image unaltered.
    Last edited by Razamith; 2012-09-14 at 08:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very helpful to for some new hunters that may not have all this memorized, or don't know what all BM can bring! Also to note, 25m will generally cover all of this, so this pertains pretty heavily to 10m raid groups!

Great way to not just detail the pets the hunter would need to bring, but to break down the raid buffs/debuffs available as well. The flow of the chart is basic and just right to understand. With as much detail available here, i'd imagine an addon could even be made to simplify the in game adjustments of bringing the pet needed. Something to add to NPCScan or similar addon.

Its interesting that even though Blizzard spread the buffs to more specs this table is now almost twice as large. Im still trying to figure out what all the new buffs look like since Im used to just scanning the buff icons and seeing all the major ones.

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    Great way to not just detail the pets the hunter would need to bring, but to break down the raid buffs/debuffs available as well. The flow of the chart is basic and just right to understand. With as much detail available here, i'd imagine an addon could even be made to simplify the in game adjustments of bringing the pet needed. Something to add to NPCScan or similar addon.
    It's called RaidChecklist, it's been around for a while. It doesn't prioritize for you (really shouldn't have to), but it shows you what's missing. It was just recently updated with a beta version for 5.0.4. The download currently seems to be broken on curse, but the WoWAce link works. Though I have not tested the beta version in game aside from just looking at the menu, I can vouch for it's pre-patch usefulness.

Very nice flowchart! Thank you very much for this, sir.

RaidChecklist will be very valuable and probably easier to use once updated, though it doesn't rank the remaining buffs as you said. I saw they were calling for the community to update it so it may take a while but should be up soon-ish. And all of this likely isn't really needed for 25-man (chances are all are covered) but I like having my printout as backup

Energized does this aswell.

Very nice. You might want to add the Quilen to the "utility" section, as it's entirely possible that your rezzer will be the one to die first.

Very nice, although possibly TOO detailed :P

One other thing, IIRC, Wind Serpents , Warlocks "Curse of Elements" and a Rouges "Master Poisoner" now do a 5% Magic Vulnerability.

Though oddly enough, Dragonhawks still have the 8% Magic Vulnerability, but I believe maybe just an error waiting to fixed... when they realize it.

**Edit**

Looks like the 3% discrepancy in Magic Vulnerability from the Ws and Dh will be fixed in Build 16048
    Last edited by Tannon; 2012-09-07 at 01:28 AM.

Good news everyone!
    Pet Selector is getting updated for MoP. reduced all my pet-managment to ONE keybind.

Well but this chart is wrong... At least for 5.0.4. E.g. Quilen (with combat ress) will not be available until MoP.

Just quick look, and another mistake. Water strider besides spell power gives 5% crit.

And where is spirit beast with mastery buff?
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-09-06 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Energized does this aswell.
    Is there a new version of Energized somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Is there a new version of Energized somewhere? I couldn't find it.
    That there internet does help:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/energized/

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    And where is spirit beast with mastery buff?

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    That there internet does help:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/energized/
    Odd, I wonder why the version on Curse isn't updated. I checked WoW Interface but I didn't think to check wowace since I thought that was part of Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by darcubus View Post
    So why it isn't green? Spirit Beast requires BM.

I really appreciate the work done by Razamit, but if he wants to do such things he must be precise.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    So why it isn't green? Spirit Beast requires BM.

I really appreciate the work done by Razamit, but if he wants to do such things he must be precise.
    Bacause cat doesn't require BM
    Old Gods made me do it.

But SP does.

Cat gives mastery? Sorry, my fault. Didn't know that.