Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    Search AH for:
    Another 1:

At 6am in morning
    > place an order of 2500 Copper Ore (250x10) at lowest possible price (4c)
    > place an order of 2500 Jute Scrabs (250x10) at lowest possible price (3c)
    > place an order of 250 Tiny Fangs at lowest possible price (3c)
    > place an order of 250 Vial of Weak Blood at lowest possible price (4c i think?)

by 6pm you will get -everything- due to the fast moving up down nature.

Wait for:
    copper ore - min bid 20c
    Jute Scrap - min bid 20c
    Tiny Fang - min bid 50c
    Tiny vo Blood - min bid 55c

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    So trying this. It reminds me of selling potions on my DAoC house vendor. Id sell them for 15g each which was the normal price but Id list them like this:

15g
    15g
    15g
    15p
    15g
    15g
    15p
    15g
    15g
    15p
    15g
    15g
    15g

You would be surprised how many people bought the ones for 15 plat lol just cause they were in a hurry and didnt notice. Even looking at it its hard to tell which ones Im gonna get you on.

Deleted
    what's the idea by waking up at 6am to buy stuff on AH? why not just order it?

Deleted
    Another 1:

At 6am in morning
    > place an order of 2500 Copper Ore (250x10) at lowest possible price (4c)
    > place an order of 2500 Jute Scrabs (250x10) at lowest possible price (3c)
    > place an order of 250 Tiny Fangs at lowest possible price (3c)
    > place an order of 250 Vial of Weak Blood at lowest possible price (4c i think?)

by 6pm you will get -everything- due to the fast moving up down nature.
    lol plz explain^^

Tradepost is global so theres all the time 6 am somewhere in the world^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Because people are idiots.

Its the same as people selling piece of gear X for 1c above vendor price. But then forget they pay 20c listing fee, and lose another 10% of their sale to the Tradepost Tax. And are infact losing money compared to just vendoring the item, while at the same time driving the market into the ground.

Bravo indeed.
    Eurgh, this - every time I go to put a green or yellow quality item on TP, some knobjockey has listed it for 1 or 2 c higher than the vendor price. Even with JUST the listing fee (and ignoring this 10% cost), they're making a loss by selling at that price.
    Really, really annoying. I've never been one to play the AH in WoW either, but it would be nice to sell off items I can't use and make a small profit over the vendor price.
    It makes me think that people are driving prices down deliberately... Surely they can't be that stupid?!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The main ways I've found is through salvaging... runes, white items, things like that. That and some high level craft that sell for a bit higher than their cost.

The other way is abusing of the periodical variations (night vs day and week-end vs week price variations phenomenon). The right way to do that is to put some buy orders on the AH at various price. For example copper sells at around 18-20c as a low sell order so everything below 15c will make a profit. Just put different orders between like 8c and 15c and then come back after a day or two and see how low it reached during the full 24-48h. Then you can make expectations putting selling orders around the limit you found.

My issue is that it is very boring and I prefer trying to reach 100% Map right now ;x
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-09-10 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Eurgh, this - every time I go to put a green or yellow quality item on TP, some knobjockey has listed it for 1 or 2 c higher than the vendor price. Even with JUST the listing fee (and ignoring this 10% cost), they're making a loss by selling at that price.
    Really, really annoying. I've never been one to play the AH in WoW either, but it would be nice to sell off items I can't use and make a small profit over the vendor price.
    It makes me think that people are driving prices down deliberately... Surely they can't be that stupid?!
    i'm quite thinking they actually are, unless it's an excess of lazyness that makes it that many would just click on the sell button on TP. either way, it's the same result in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have a feeling gold is going to made via farming and more farming. Right now even level 80 armor is dirt cheap on the TP. I think someone was finally smart enough to make a game where people cant be assholes and corner markets like they could in WoW and force people to buy their overpriced stuff.
    well having a shared AH does that, it keeps people from controlling the AH.

It would be awesome to get Blizzard to link their Auction Houses.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is any point in trying to play the TP at the moment, almost everything sells for 1c above vendor prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    well having a shared AH does that, it keeps people from controlling the AH.

It would be awesome to get Blizzard to link their Auction Houses.
    I think if Blizzard would do this for WoW it would ruin the gaming experience for some players, seas of tears would run through their forum posts.
    Playing the AH is one aspect of the game. No idea how it would work in Diablo 3.

As for GW2, yes, they will do anything to stop players from dominating the trading post (which I doubt is possible at all, I think most of those hints aren't even worth trying). If we had statistics how many players in which areas of the world bought the game, then yes, maybe there is a small time frame when there are 20% less players online. At the moment we don't even know if there are more players in the US as in the EU or vice versa, or how many oceanics or asians play.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

You can't even make a profit on high-end craftables right now. People aren't aware of the hidden 10% fee, so they list craftables at below their worth.

E.g. crafting a best-in-slot piece right now is ~2.72g (as of last night) in mats. With a TP fee it becomes 3.128g as a minimum price to break even. I see those BIS items listed for 2.75-3g.

Best way to make money right now is farm the 400 skill rares and sell them. Bloods, for instance, sell for 20s each. Of course, the places where such things can be farmed are already camped by bots and chinese farmers. I tried farming one such area earlier on today, and I saw two people running around, slaughtering everything that moved. They weren't bots either, since as soon as I showed up, I was told to get lost, its "their farming spot".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I tried farming one such area earlier on today, and I saw two people running around, slaughtering everything that moved. They weren't bots either, since as soon as I showed up, I was told to get lost, its "their farming spot".
    Go there again. If they tell you again get lost it's my farming spot, call all your friends, and on /map link the waypoint inviting everyone to join the farm, specifically for make a lot of money on TP. Be sure, some will come, either for fun. When some join you, go with all of them killing their farming spot, telling on say "Ops.. XD"
    Priceless fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I think if Blizzard would do this for WoW it would ruin the gaming experience for some players, seas of tears would run through their forum posts.
    Playing the AH is one aspect of the game. No idea how it would work in Diablo 3.
    Yes because the game should support players who buy out things and then relist then at 10 times the cost. I wish WoW would link all the AHs to put jerks who enjoy making stuff impossible to buy for some players out of business. I mean a lot of new players might start WoW with MoP how are they supposed to buy 250g glyphs for example?

I'm confused how it can be their farming spot. If you attack the mob you'll get ya own separate loot. Just ignore them and continue

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafein View Post
    I'm confused how it can be their farming spot. If you attack the mob you'll get ya own separate loot. Just ignore them and continue
    By my experience and my guildies, it looks like the odds of you getting loot diminishes with more people killing the same target. Statisticaly we have a small sample to say that this is true, but my experience is leading me to believe that. I haven't researched this matter, though.

So, if this is true, it would actualy hinder their farming if more people came there. Still, they can't claim any area of the game as "their" area.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    By my experience and my guildies, it looks like the odds of you getting loot diminishes with more people killing the same target. Statisticaly we have a small sample to say that this is true, but my experience is leading me to believe that. I haven't researched this matter, though.

So, if this is true, it would actualy hinder their farming if more people came there. Still, they can't claim any area of the game as "their" area.
    Dunno, dynamic events I usually am lucky to hit things more than once before they die to the horde and I get showered in loot. Might not be the same story with normal static spawn mobs.