Thread: Fake Bnet

Fake Bnet

Hi, I'm at a crossroads here

Basically, I have 2 WoW accounts, 1 that i shared with my brother when we were younger, and 1 that i made years later so i can xfer 1 of my characters over to. The problem is, both accounts have the same fake name (more of a nickname due to my brothers name being harder to pronounce for americans, but still fake last name because again.. he was young) due to the xfering needing both names to be the same. Now the first account had an authenticator on that we cant remove now to make the account playable again because the authenticator was on my brothers old phone from nearly 2 years ago, and to remove it we need to send them photo id which we obviously dont have due to the alias. Would there be a way for me to change both account names to their proper names (My real name for my account and his name for his account) since we are planning on playing for MoP and want to be cautious of hackers, while xfering my last character off his account? I can provide all the Cd keys, credit card information used to pay for time, phone numbers, address, basically everything except photoid.. Im nervous about calling because i dont want to get them perma banned/locked, or worse Ive read you can receive jail time since it's considered fraud even though its a fake name.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Moddex; 2012-09-06 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just say you couldn't type in your real name because of keyboard issues.

As long as you KNOW what the name is and what the card holder name is, there shouldn't be any problems.

You're not frauding a bank, or a business. It's a game account. I doubt support will be any more skeptical than they are dealing with any other issue like this.

My brothers account name is his 'nick name'. He's had no problems dealing with support when it was hacked.

You simply have to know what the false name is. If they inquire why it is different from payment/I.D.
    Tell the truth. Or say, you were unable to type in your real name at time because keyboard/language/age/disability. End of.
    They'll find a way to help you, support is usually very accommodating.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Just say you couldn't type in your real name because of keyboard issues.
    Pretty much. You know the details. They don't need to know the full truth.

Ok let me be clear, the nickname starts with a completely different letter since he thought he was cool when he was younger, I literally have ALL the other information about BOTH accounts, its the names that are making me paranoid ever since i found out it was illegal to use fake identification on the accounts.

Just wanted to make that clear so people dont think my names anthony, or benjamin, or daniel and i put the shortened version such as tony, ben, or dan

Quote Originally Posted by Moddex View Post
    Ok let me be clear, the nickname starts with a completely different letter since he thought he was cool when he was younger, I literally have ALL the other information about BOTH accounts, its the names that are making me paranoid ever since i found out it was illegal to use fake identification on the accounts.

Just wanted to make that clear so people dont think my names anthony, or benjamin, or daniel and i put the shortened version such as tony, ben, or dan
    It still comes down to the fact that you are in possession of CD keys, the names on the accounts, the answers to the secret questions and from what you said a billing history that likely used credit cards in your real name and never in the names on the account.

Customer service can and usually is very helpful if you're pleasant, ask nicely and can answer any question they want regarding the account. I recently merged an account into my b-net that I registered with my first name and last initial. Granted it matched up but I was quite worried that since there was on last name they wouldn't merge them. The rep was very careful to get a lot of info but once he was satisfied on the account ownership, changed everything around as I requested.

Just be polite and have your info gathered up before you call and more than likely you can get it all fixed.

Yes just call customer service they're the only ones who can help you.

Blizzard's policy in general is "don't share accounts ever, and if you do tough luck". But customer service usually does their best to help you regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes just call customer service they're the only ones who can help you.

Blizzard's policy in general is "don't share accounts ever, and if you do tough luck". But customer service usually does their best to help you regardless.
    Blizzard has great customer service and they always try to help.
    OT: Just explain your situation, give them all details and so on and you should be fine!