Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I got to level 80, and I have 130+ hours played. I wouldn't call that rushing.
    How is this not a rush? Thats 65+ hours in ONE WEEK. That is a phenomenally huge chunk of time taken out of 1 week. That's logging a full time job 40+ hours and a part time job on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qatol View Post
    How is this not a rush? Thats 65+ hours in ONE WEEK. That is a phenomenally huge chunk of time taken out of 1 week. That's logging a full time job 40+ hours and a part time job on top of it.
    It's not rushing. It's called playing the game. If the game is good I will play for long periods of time no rushing involved

I did that and managed to work full time as well. Not much sleep for me, lol

Deleted
    I wanna hurry to get to lvl 50 pvp rank

Infracted
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-08 at 01:26 AM.

When u reach the lvl 55-65 zone with big dragon event, easy make 1 level in 25mins, just do the 3 events around the labs, near dragon spawn ,it's mad fast exp since population is so high right now so events happen quickly.
    PS theres actually a group of 4 bots that farm this area for 2 days now and arenanet has done fuckall about it, Gandara server EU.

Last I checked even at Level 80 I can go to low levels and do stuff there. Sure my gear might help a bit but My level will be adjusted to the zones level. And like a lot are saying prices are cheap for level 80 cultural gear because there is so little demand. But once Demand soars prices might.

15+ Year Old Account
    *Rushes to level 80, skipping 90% of the world's content and DEs*
    *Sits in Lion's Arch spamming LFG*
    *Complains that there's no end game*
    *Resubs to WoW to sit in Org/SW and spam trade*

^ the people complaining there's no end game.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Unfortunately i have that dreaded thing called real life and a family ;D
    Play once a week for a few hours, level 17 atm No rush at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Unfortunately i have that dreaded thing called real life and a family ;D
    Play once a week for a few hours, level 17 atm No rush at all.
    Implying that people who play more than you don't have a life or family?

Ignorance.

Haha, exacly my thought!

"I did not rush" and then people say they have 100+ hours in 13 days lol. Thats +- 8 hours a day...

IMO not rushing is like 1-2hours a day or even less.

It's called enjoying a game they like to play

Why would I stop playing a game I enjoy and limit myself. It makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Redheal View Post

This +1 I dont limit myself either... If I paid for the game I want to play it whenever I feel the need... Also, from what Ive heard, GW2 is worth the price, even if there is no end game, and whos to say it wont be added later in an exp

Quote Originally Posted by Redheal View Post

No, they are just superior to you since you play more than 1-2 hours a day.

You get experience by playing the game. Some people likes to play GW2 believe or not and those people probably got to 80 pretty fast since they spent a lot of time in the game. They didnt play any other way than you do and doesnt miss any content that you choose to do. Most people ding 80 at around 55% of the game completed.

Why should they stop playing just because you cant play more than 1-2 hours if they enjoy the game? Playing more does not mean rushing. Stop thinking you are better than the people that play more just because you choose not to. You dont see people typing "Why are people leveling so slow and only play 1-2 hours a day?".

I dinged 80 the 30th and I didnt rush at all. I even ran around in Divinitys reach talking to people for two days waiting for my friends to get online.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Haha, exacly my thought!

"I did not rush" and then people say they have 100+ hours in 13 days lol. Thats +- 8 hours a day...

Doesn't make sense though. If someone was "rushing" they'd have a lot less than 100 hours played. Taking 100+ hours to reach level 80 is taking your time. That's a long time.

Im still level 77 on my thief, only today i put some effort in to level as I wanted to reach level 75, till then ive been doing random stuff, wvw and some areas and DE's
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    I think it's more the fact that some people seem to have started to belive the "true" content starts at end-level. Guild Wars 2 is a different game, but few can understand that.

Some get to 80 by having fun, some by grinding as fast as they can. It's sort of "the trip" versus "the end" kind of mindset, some people enjoy the content and take their time to do it, some rush through it to end game since that's their goal and the path is irrelevant for them.

OP, I think you should better ask this question: Why is there a level cap?

Because it's another goal meant to be reached. Goals are (most often) what fuels the fun in games, reaching goals makes you feel good. It's also the reason why there are several levels, instead of just one gigantic level (level cap 2 ) so you get rewarded for the steps in between as well.

Anet could also have implemented a system WITHOUT level cap (or an extremely high level cap, which wouldn't even be reached after decades of gaming). Then your question "why do they rush?" would make more sense. But they didn't. They implemented a level cap instead, which means they want us to reach it.

This has perhaps got less to do with "end game" than many people think. It's simply about reaching a goal that Anet has set for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still dont see why you wouldnt rush to 80....if everything gives you exp just by playing the game what exactly are you doing if your not gaining exp? This isnt WoW where you grind mobs/quests as fast as you can to ding 85 you just play the game. This isn't wow where when you hit 85 everything below is irrlevant, so in reply why wouldnt you rush to 80 if nothing changes....

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Haha, exacly my thought!

What a ridiculous thing to say, spending your time on something you enjoy isn't rushing. I'm not going to enjoy the heck out of the game only to say to myself "Well, I've played for 2 hours now, I better stop it since that would be rushing!" after 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I am taking my time.. been playing since early access and have a 36 ele, and a 21 Guardian.. in no rush and enjoying the extremely slow pace