Deleted

Question about level scaling

Hi everyone, I have a quick question about level scaling. I know that the system scales you down to the level of the area, but how exactly does this work? Am I right in thinking that it scales all your armour down too?

Primarily, how does questing work? I am currently taking my Human Elementalist through the Sylvari starting area, therefore doing hearts below my level (I am level 13 on this char). Does the EXP stay the same as it would as if I was level 5? Or does the EXP scale to my level accordingly?

Thanks for any help you can give.

your stats are scaled down.

You get less XP than you would for doing a higher level heart/event, but I'm not sure if you get more xp than a level 5 doing them or not.

I don't know the exact math.

I think you get the same XP for events/hearts, but the XP required to level up for your (higher) level is increased, so the percentage gain is small.

Example:

XP reward for lvl 10 event at lvl 10 - 500 XP
    XP needed to go from lvl 10->11 - 5000 XP

XP reward for lvl 10 event at lvl 50 - 500 XP
    XP reward for lvl 50 event at lvl 50 - 2000 XP
    XP neded to go from lvl 50->51 - 20000 XP
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppyann View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a quick question about level scaling. I know that the system scales you down to the level of the area, but how exactly does this work? Am I right in thinking that it scales all your armour down too?

Primarily, how does questing work? I am currently taking my Human Elementalist through the Sylvari starting area, therefore doing hearts below my level (I am level 13 on this char). Does the EXP stay the same as it would as if I was level 5? Or does the EXP scale to my level accordingly?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    It scales down all your stats, you essentialy are able to faceroll when your a few levels higher as the downscaling isnt drastic enough, its not 1 shot like other mmos but its not a challenge anymore either. Exp scales for dynamics not for hearts, you get good exp for your levelbut not as good as you would if you were in or around that level.

Deleted
    Alright I understand. Thanks for your replies everyone