10+ Year Old Account

Blood knight questions

Think about making a story involving a blood knight, but I have a few questions. First off, when the blood knights were sapping holy power from muru, did they have to continuously do this in order to keep their power? Or was it just a one time thing for each individual blood knight? Second, when the sunwell was redeemed, did all the blood knights switch to worshipping the light like normal paladins or did some stick with their non religious ways? I was thinking about making a character who was a blood knight that ended up quiting the order because he didn't want to start worshipping the light, yet still retains his holy powers.

Sounds quite similar to a part of my Blood elf priest roleplay. It works like this: blood elves channel energy to draw power or sustain themselves. The blood knights used to channel power from the naaru, using the light as a source of energy rather than worshipping it. The only naaru that provided this "service" is now being plugged into the sunwell. Therefore, if you want to keep the RP of a light-wielder but not a believer, you may either imply that you channel holy energy from the sunwell as a means of power sapping technique or consider implementing a "new naaru" into your storyline which is meant to be drained like the other one.

My personal RP is that my char is basically a shadowpriest, who channels magical power from within him similar to how "the shadow" works and wishes to wield the light in a more cynical way because he considers it to be a form of blind faith. That is why his offspec is disc dps/healing and looks (me too) forward to have an official discipline dps build in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Think about making a story involving a blood knight, but I have a few questions. First off, when the blood knights were sapping holy power from muru, did they have to continuously do this in order to keep their power? Or was it just a one time thing for each individual blood knight? Second, when the sunwell was redeemed, did all the blood knights switch to worshipping the light like normal paladins or did some stick with their non religious ways? I was thinking about making a character who was a blood knight that ended up quiting the order because he didn't want to start worshipping the light, yet still retains his holy powers.
    When they were still forced to use M'uru as a powersource, it was a one time thing, or so I believe. It's not exactly stated.

When M'uru's spark was infused with the Sunwell, many but not all Blood Knights started to rever the Light, rather than using it as a powersource. However, worshipping the Light also means staying true to its virtues: Tenacity, Respect and..something else. Some Blood Knights still stay true to the old ways - meaning they can be as big jerks as they want to be, and still use the power of the Sunwell, since it holds M'uru's energy. It's all a matter of faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that brings me to believe it's a one time thing is because of the blood knights that followed kael'thas. They didn't have muru to sap energy from since it muru stayed in silvermoon.

Well. Syphoning M'uru was a way for the bloodelves to regain their Faith in the Light which many of them lost during the Scourge wars, with all we know by now could have as well been a symbolic thing. From a Lore perspective, you need faith and conviction to wield the light. With M'urus sacrifice he gave the first back to the bloodelves. This was done by him/her willingly as we all were enlightened in Patch 2.4 (Sunwell iirc). The way I see it most if not all Bloodknights had their faith in the light restored through this revelation, or at least later when M'urus remains helped ignite the new Sunwell. (Whose absence made the bloodelves desperate in the first place) This incarnation of the Sunwell is what they now worship, and it is very very real to them. So i would not think any bloodknight would completely object to the Idea of the Light. But they may still have the feeling that the Light might forsake them some time in the future again. This is the way I see it personally.

My own RP bloodknight was rather humbled by the Sacrifice of M'uru but he continued practicing the darker arts of bloodknights, like the Seal of Blood (so sacrificing life force for burning enemies with holy fire, maybe the most cruel and vindictive spell in their arsenal) should the need for them rise again.