Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Play FFX, aaaaamaazing game. Played the shit out of that game. Killed all dark aeons which was the utmost challenge, plus the final aeon boss. Depends on what version you have, haha.

X-2 is fine, despite what people say. Better than the garbage FFXIII was.

FFX was awesome. FFX-2 is interesting. In my opinion, the gameplay is cool, but the story is kinda weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamatari View Post
    Even though X-2 got a lot of negativity i really enjoyed it. But I guess that I will fall under the category fanboy. Really looking forward to Lightnings Return aka 13-3!
    dont worry 13-2s my fav final fantasy game so far just because the shear craziness of the plot cant wait for lightnings return

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    If you enjoyed FFXIII and its sequel, and enjoyed them, then I can't place much faith in your ability to discern a good game after ''OOHHH, PWETTY', but maybe I'm being unfair. Even if that is the case, then yes FFX is great. Absolutely stunning story, looks great, etc one of the best games ever made minus some fairly shoddy voice acting on a few fronts. The deciscion to play FFX-2 is based entirely on how much you enjoyed FFX and more importantly the story. If you did, then avoid FFX-2 as it absolutely shits over everything that made FFX great, but if you didn't so much then go for it, story aside FFX-2 is a pretty decent game.

Oh, and if the bad voice acting in FFX pisses you off, then also avoid FFX-2. Brothers voice acting in FFX-2 made me want to slit my wrists, and I didn't have much problem with the first games VA, so...
    I thought 13-1 was meh just cause the whole hallway thing and 13-2 was a huge improvement I enjoyed 13-2 alot more than the first one lol idc about graphics
    Last edited by Boxtroll55; 2012-09-06 at 08:40 PM.

Seymour was pretty cool, His back story was sad but while playing though game ignored most of his back story. Replayed ffx a couple times and honestly saw why he was so fucked up. Btw final fantasy x-2 wasn't that bad the story was cliche but I loved the combat system and thought the dress system added a level of complexity to the game. The end was awesome as well not gonna spoil it but I grinned.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-09-06 at 08:35 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Seymour was pretty cool, His back story was sad but while playing though game ignored most of his back story. Replayed ffx a couple times and honestly saw why he was so fucked up.
    Btw final fantasy x-2 wasn't that bad the story was cliche but I loved the combat system and thought the dress system added a level of complexity to the game. The end was awesome as well not gonna spoil it but I grinned.
    seymours one of the villains yes? ive looked up some of the characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    seymours one of the villains yes? ive looked up some of the characters
    That's a pretty big spoiler for the game though. But the story is pretty amazing. I'm not a big fan of most of the characters. Rikku really is the only one I could tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's a pretty big spoiler for the game though. But the story is pretty amazing. I'm not a big fan of most of the characters. Rikku really is the only one I could tolerate.

I thought Rikku was annoying. My fav was Auron....

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Rikku is the best. *points at avatar*

10+ Year Old Account
    X was one of the best along with 7 and 9, you should def play it. X-2 was......blegh....okay I guess.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Final Fantasy X had a fantastic story, coupled with some of the worst voice acting performances ever. I frickin' hate* Tidus; he's a whiny little twerp. The game play was meh to me.
    Last edited by Veritus7; 2012-09-07 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritus7 View Post
    Final Fantasy X had a fantastic story, coupled with some of the worst voice acting performances ever. I frickin' Tidus; he's a whiny little twerp. The game play was meh to me.
    Ah, gotta love this prevailing attitude. I guess Tidus should be an emotionless Cloud; perhaps he'd have been better received then.

God forbid a man shows emotion other than rage.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the best FF, no doubt. And probably the last proper Final Fantasy aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It's one of the best FF, no doubt. And probably the last proper Final Fantasy aswell.
    Exactly that; haven't been able to sit down and play any of the newer ones since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid question.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    thanks for all the replies. ya it sounds like im going to avoid X-2 unless i really enjoy the first one lol
    Well, Final Fantasy X-2 just shits on the story of FFX. It also took a dump on Blitzball, but not many people enjoyed Blitzball in the first place. From a gameplay perspective, it was great to have the job system back again.

The game just gets a lot of negative hype from people who are offended by parading around spira half-naked as one of their favorite characters turned slut.

edit: and to above, idk man. FFXII was decent, better than this Fabula Nova Crystallis shit. It kind of broke away from tradition, but still retained a lot of core values of the series. I could definitely think of worse games to play.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2012-09-06 at 09:13 PM.

Terrible main character but I liked the world and story.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Ah, gotta love this prevailing attitude. I guess Tidus should be an emotionless Cloud; perhaps he'd have been better received then.

God forbid a man shows emotion other than rage.
    Tidus could still show emotion without being overly whiny to the point of being annoying. I haven't finished it yet(headed to the third Summoners chamber or whatever it's called) and I can barely remember a scene that didn't involve him complaining about his father.

That said if you can get past the horrible VA for a number of characters(for example the Tidus laugh scene *shudder*) it's a pretty good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I thought Rikku was annoying. My fav was Auron....
    Oh yeah, Auron too. The rest were incredibly closed-minded.

Oh, and Tara Strong plays Rikku. <3
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-06 at 09:48 PM.

Probably not. The characters are decent, but the plot is weak, and the game itself is very linear and often tedious. I remember being floored by the graphics back in the day, but they've aged pretty poorly. I suppose if you're a JRPG/Final Fantasy enthusiast, you can always give it a shot just to say you've played it, but try not to go in with high expectations. On a brighter note, the music is fantastic, with the exception of one really out of place song right at the start of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Snakes View Post
    The characters are decent, but the plot is weak, and the game itself is very linear and often tedious.
    I respect your opinion, but how the hell can you say the plot is weak? It's easily one of the best stories I've had the pleasure to play. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Tidus could still show emotion without being overly whiny to the point of being annoying. I haven't finished it yet(headed to the third Summoners chamber or whatever it's called) and I can barely remember a scene that didn't involve him complaining about his father.
    Hyperbole. I can.

That said if you can get past the horrible VA for a number of characters(for example the Tidus laugh scene *shudder*) it's a pretty good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I love how everyone complains about the 'laughing' scene. You do realize that it's a forced laugh, right? Try to 'fake laugh' in real life. Chances are, it's going to sound weird and forced.
    Even IF it's absolutely horrible and not warranted, one scene doesn't make the entire VA horrible. Making blanket statements doesn't make a compelling argument.

Play Final Fantasy X and X-2. Both are so insanely good. Played through both games 3 times each, kind of embarassing lol. Go for it man, if you haven't already ^^