Thread: [WW] ClcInfo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you can open lua files with pretty much any file editor (like notepad.exe) or even better notepad++

Unfortunately I can't really help you develop a BM version, I'm overbooked at work and I don't even have time to do my dailies anymore. All you need to do actually is :
    1) Figure out the rotation and write it down in the "local prio = ........" line
    2) in the actions table, define the conditions for each ability to "show up" in the rotation icon. It's actually more complicated than that due to predictions for the next ability icon ...

Not to sound rude, but if you have trouble opening the lua file, you're in for a tough ride

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    you can open lua files with pretty much any file editor (like notepad.exe) or even better notepad++

Unfortunately I can't really help you develop a BM version, I'm overbooked at work and I don't even have time to do my dailies anymore. All you need to do actually is :
    1) Figure out the rotation and write it down in the "local prio = ........" line
    2) in the actions table, define the conditions for each ability to "show up" in the rotation icon. It's actually more complicated than that due to predictions for the next ability icon ...

Not to sound rude, but if you have trouble opening the lua file, you're in for a tough ride
    nah ill be alright just never had to open a lua file before lol. and go figure in hs i was in webpage design which is all codeing bahahahaha

How can I add into clcinfo when I have 10 stacks of tigereye brew into the rotation or add a sound for when I have 10 stacks? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Treeantis; 2012-10-12 at 06:58 PM.

I made myself a bar showing TeB stacks :

local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAuraID("HELPFUL", "player", 125195)
    count = count or 0
    local maxC = 10
    return true, nil, 0, maxC, count, nil, nil, count

Thank you, I really like that bar! One more thing, can you give me the alert code to attach to that bar that would allow me to play a sound when ther are 10 Stacks of TeB. Thank you very much.

G'day guys, amazing addition to clcinfo. This WW addon is perfect and exactly what I have been looking for. I know this has been asked previously in this thread, but I main as a Brewmaster, and having that little something extra to help out during our raids as we step into the final bosses of Mogu'shan vaults, and then into heroic, would be perfect. I have found another contributor, who has made a brewmaster clcinfo addition, however most of his work is in Spanish, and due to my overall lack of ability with lua, and nill Spanish vocabulary, I've had little luck making it work. As I can't post links, being a new mmo-champ user and all, I'll have to suggest that you do a quick google search for "clcinfo brewmaster soulflayer", and the first link will be the one I'm talking about.

So I put it out there to the Clcinfo monk community to lend a helping hand! Otherwise, If i finally get a handle on what I'm doing (and probably become fluent in Spanish while doing so), I'll be sure to give feedback and post my files.

All of the LUA is actually in English, the only thing you'd need to change are the abilities in Spanish to English.

For that, you can easily go to http://es.wowhead.com type in the Spanish ability and once it gives you the resulting match you can take out the "es." part from the URL and it'll give you the English name.

For example, the first part of his code mentions "Aplazamiento leve." Typing that into es.wowhead.com you get the following: http://es.wowhead.com/spell=124275. If you change the URL to: http://wowhead.com/spell=124275 then it's the English version of the buff/debuff, which in this case is Light Stagger.

Hey just wanted to let u know when clcinfo updated today ur script no longer works any idea why?

Good work, keep it up, i have one issue tho, you main attack icon is always using graphics as i have dw weapons and i have actually staff, could that be fixed to update look according to eq wpn
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Hey just wanted to let u know when clcinfo updated today ur script no longer works any idea why?
    Yeah. Since my script isn't included to the clcinfo repository/svn, when a new build is made, it doesn't include my files in it (and if you update via curse client, it checks for "modified" files and deletes them). So you have to install the script again (procedure in the OP).I know I should contact the clcinfo author and maybe have the script added to the clcinfo build, but I'm really busy IRL atm and haven't found the time to do it. Sorry for the inconvenience. @pedjaland, I guess each version of "Jab" (corresponding to each possible weapon) uses another spellId, and I must say I'm kind of lazy to do weapon checks and then use the right icon. The essential part is knowing you have to Jab (I play glyphed usually btw).

Well its something it could be nice polish to all the work you have done so far, so in some future update of your script it would be nice to add check for
    Basic skill of the Monk. Due to the passive Fighting style it "morphs" into Club, Slice, Sever, Pike and Clobber in function of the weapon. (If you use fist weapons, it stays as Jab)

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 07:44 PM ----------

@Shibleh
    I have replaced spanish with english spells code is below, all copyright for the coding goes to Soulflayer
    This goes as bar
    local name, _, icon, _, _, ticks, Expiration, _, _, _, _, _, _, value1, _, _ = UnitAura("player", "Light Stagger", "", "HARMFUL")
    local stagger= (ticks or 0) * (value1 or 0)
    local perstagger=(100/UnitHealthMax("player")*stagger)
    local textstagger=format("%i (%i%%)", stagger, perstagger)
    if name==nil then visible=false else visible=true end
    return visible, icon, 0, UnitHealthMax("player"), stagger, _, _, textstagger
    Shuffle duration as bar
    function round(number, decimals)
    return (("%%.%df"):format(decimals)):format(number)
    end

local upShuffle, _, icon, _, _, totShuffle, expShuffle = UnitBuff("player", "Shuffle")
    local durShuffle=(expShuffle or 0)-GetTime()
    local textShuffle=format("%ss", round(durShuffle,1))
    if not upShuffle then textShuffle="" end
    return upShuffle, icon, 0, (totShuffle or 1), durShuffle, _, _, textShuffle
    Guar bar with duration and absorbe amount
    local name, _, icon, _, _, _, Expiration, _, _, _, _, _, _, value1, _, _ = UnitAura("player", "Guard", "", "HELPFUL")
    if (value1 or 0)>=(maxvalue or 0) then maxvalue=value1 end
    local duration=(Expiration or 0)-GetTime()
    if duration<=0 then duration=0 end
    local textvalue=format("%i (%is)", value1, duration)
    if name==nil then
    textvalue=""
    visible=false
    value1=0
    maxvalue=0
    duration=0
    else
    visible=true
    end
    return true, icon, 0, maxvalue, value1, _, _, textvalue
    Text, that shows energy and amount of chi
    local chi=UnitPower("player",12)
    local energy=UnitPower("player")
    local str=format("%i/100 (%i)", energy, chi)
    return str
    Icon 1
    local perHP= floor(UnitHealth("player") / UnitHealthMax("player") * 100)
    local _, _, _, cdExel = IconSpell("Expel Harm")
    local _, _, _, cdOnslaught = IconSpell("Keg Smash")
    if energy<40 or chi==4 then return IconSpell("Tiger Palm") end
    if cdOnslaught<=1 and chi<3 then return IconSpell("Keg Smash") end
    if cdExpulsar<=1 and perHP<90 then return IconSpell("Expel Harm") end
    return IconSpell("Jab")
    Icon 2
    local perHP= floor(UnitHealth("player") / UnitHealthMax("player") * 100)
    local upShuffle , _, _, _, _, _, expShuffle = UnitBuff("player", "Shuffle")
    local _, _, _, cdGuard =IconSpell("Guard")
    local durShuffle=(expShuffle or 0)-GetTime()
    if chi<2 then return IconSpell("Palma del tigre") end
    if not upShuffle or durShuffle<=3 then return IconSpell("Patada oscura")
    elseif cdGuard<=1 then return IconSpell("Guard")
    elseif perHP<80 then return IconSpell("Esfera Zen")
    elseif durShuffle<=6 then return IconSpell("Patada oscura")
    end
    Icons for abilities
    return IconSpell("Fortifying Brew")

return IconSpell("Avert Harm")

return IconSpell("Diffuse Magic")

return IconSpell("Zen Meditation")
    Im honestly not sure if this is Text or Bar, since i dont have lvl 90 monk yet
    local _ , _, _, count = UnitBuff("player", "Guard")
    local r,g,b
    if count==1 then
    r=255
    g=0
    b=0
    elseif count==2 then
    r=255
    g=255
    b=0
    else
    r=0
    g=255
    b=0
    end
    return count,_,_, true, r, g, b
    local _ , _, _, count = UnitBuff("player", "Elusive Brew")
    local r,g,b
    count = (count or 0)
    if count<=5 then
    r=255
    g=0
    b=0
    elseif count<=10 then
    r=255
    g=255
    b=0
    else
    r=0
    g=255
    b=0
    end
    if count==0 then count=nil end
    return count,_,_, true, r, g, b
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Alviarin will this be updated for the 5.1 changes =] having to only keep up 1 stack of tiger palm for example.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

I have download the .rar file and expanded it to the clcinfo/data dir. I have set up my 1st 2 Icons and have immediately received error msgs that the global ... is not valid. What am I doing wrong. I use CLCInfo, Ret, Rogue, and CLCDK; I am having trouble loading this one. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by diademuertos View Post
    I have download the .rar file and expanded it to the clcinfo/data dir. I have set up my 1st 2 Icons and have immediately received error msgs that the global ... is not valid. What am I doing wrong. I use CLCInfo, Ret, Rogue, and CLCDK; I am having trouble loading this one. HELP!
    Ideally, you should give the exact error text and where it was (lua error or error given within clcinfo itself). If you get an error within clcinfo along the lines of:

[string "IconWW1()"]:1:attempt to call global 'IconWW1' (a nil value)
    Then it probably means that the monk.lua file didn't load, and the most likely reason for it not to load is that you didn't restart WoW after making the changes to clcinfo (reloading ui is fine if you just edit a lua file, but if you add a whole new file to an addon it's not sufficient to reload ui).

That is it exactly, thank you. I think, at level 36, I am too low of a lvl to use as the icons coming up are abilities I do not have. I wish this was developed more so we could add/remove abilities in the rotation as they become available. Something like the Rogue package.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by diademuertos; 2012-11-03 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diademuertos View Post
    That is it exactly, thank you. I think, at level 36, I am too low of a lvl to use as the icons coming up are abilities I do not have.
    No, that isn't the only issue. If it were just that you were too low level you wouldn't have that particular problem, I think (not quite sure what would actually happen). Check to see if clcinfo\data\classes.xml has

<Include file="monk\index.xml"/>
    in it. If it doesn't, you didn't overwrite the old classes.xml with the new one (and you need the new one in order to load monk.lua).

I wish this was developed more so we could add/remove abilities in the rotation as they become available. Something like the Rogue package.
    Thanks for your help.
    Well, there's no UI to change things, but that doesn't mean you can't change things, it just means you have to edit the lua file to change things. At 36, you should have (I think) all the abilities the addon deals with except rising sun kick. Afaik if you just delete rsk from the priority list:
    local prio = "fb tod rsk tp fof cbbok cbtp bok ebrew eh jab"
    changing it to
    local prio = "fb tod tp fof cbbok cbtp bok ebrew eh jab"
    (or whatever other order you want) it should work. No guarantees.

Hey Alviarin will this be updated for the 5.1 changes =] having to only keep up 1 stack of tiger palm for example.
    Yeah, I'll try and update it when the patch comes. Thank god there ain't too many things to change, except maybe also add support for Ascension if it stays so good. Anyways, I'll let you guys know when it's available.

Also, thanks Audax for your participation in this thread, I haven't had much time to check in lately with my new job

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:00 AM ----------

Good news, I had the time (and motivation) this morning and I already implemented the incoming changes to our spec :

- 1 stack TP
    - Ascension being a viable choice (thus increasing our maxChi to 5)
    - PowerStrikes delay penalty being removed (if you delay using Jab/Soothing Mist/Crackling Lightning while your PowerStrike cooldown is up, the time before your next PowerStrike is reduced by the time you delayed. In short, you can have back to back PowerStrikes if you waited 20 seconds while the buff was up)

Let's hope Blizzard doesn't change too much more in the mechanics, except gameplay/damage buffs :P

To avoid all the files overwriting and editing that needs to be done everytime you update clcinfo you should look into making it a separate addon. Example for it with some explanations in comments: https://sites.google.com/site/clcinf...attredirects=0

Deleted
    Nice addon, but I can't get fof. I have copied the string and imported the settings.
    What to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Good news, I had the time (and motivation) this morning and I already implemented the incoming changes to our spec :

- 1 stack TP
    - Ascension being a viable choice (thus increasing our maxChi to 5)
    - PowerStrikes delay penalty being removed (if you delay using Jab/Soothing Mist/Crackling Lightning while your PowerStrike cooldown is up, the time before your next PowerStrike is reduced by the time you delayed. In short, you can have back to back PowerStrikes if you waited 20 seconds while the buff was up)

Let's hope Blizzard doesn't change too much more in the mechanics, except gameplay/damage buffs :P
    Awesome Alviarin! Really appreciate this mod and the effort your putting in, I don't think there is anything else out there for WW atm <3
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง