Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    None of these really "blew" my mind until now. I ALWAYS saw an eye. For almost eight years...
    I knew I couldn't have been the only one! lol

Rogue Evasion

This is what I see its a rouge starting out on the left side then turning to HIS Left while fading off.
    Its a hooded rouge and the 'blades' are just blurred legs.
    Well I cant even post the image because I just made a new account for the first time
    Last edited by gunthera; 2012-09-11 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razero View Post
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/evasionl.jpg/

Hope this helps for those who are still confused about evasion!

I've recolored the image quickly to show what is what;
    Hood in Blue
    Arm+hand in Pink
    Part of body in Green
    You can clearly see the weapon now too!

Edit=As I created this account just so I could post my thoughts on the Evasion image, i couldnt post any links.
    Hope this doesnt get me banned instantly after register lol...
    Not confused... its just not a hunched person, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Not confused... its just not a hunched person, sorry.
    Yeah it's very clearly just a skull-like face/mask shifting to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    - Feint/Disengage. I can't make out what it is.
    Has already been addressed earlier in the thread.

Its a sword tip moving in a circular motion (the blue line is the path it travelled).

A feint is a distracting movement used in fencing i.e you make out your attacking one way but you change mid thrust and target somewhere else. What you're seeing with the faded blades is a representation of the 'trick' strikes (or simply just a blur that would be the confusing part).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I simply cannot see anything but the mask on evasion.

I think some of you are forcing yourselves to see things that aren't there!
    Exactly it, if it was a rogue, explain the third tooth at the bottom, and explain the lack of head for said rogue.

EVASION /End discussion
    Last edited by Bitehattori; 2012-09-11 at 04:02 AM.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post

EVASION /End discussion
    About f'n time!

People that were trying to make out a rogue going matrix moonwalk need to lay the hell off the crack pipe. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I always thought it was some kind of axe! In fact whenever I see certain icons in a larger image I sometimes think "-That's- what the icon is?! After all these years I had it wrong?"

Anyone else had this? >.>
    You just made me realize that, and I've been playing since 2005. HAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Being that my first and main toon is a lock (since early tBC); it took me this long to realize my Felpuppy's Spell Lock...

Tis a hand squeezing a brain!
    You just blew my mind - it always looked like some kind of deformed teddy bear to me.

Deleted
    People cant see it, or im seeing strange things!

However I still believe its a rogue, with a hood like Bloodfang(Not sure if its the right name, one of the early tiers)
    In a position where he kinda looks down over his arm, the right elbow up high with the arm going across his chest holding a dagger.
    You cant see his legs.. what people presume are 'legs' are the tip of the blade(left) and part of his lower torso(right), and what looks like a nose(well.. that part where the nose is on the skull) is his hand holding a dagger, as this is mirrored it looks like a nose.
    The eyes on this 'mask' people keep seeing is actually the part of the hood where the rogues face would be.
    That first white part is the rogue and the purple pinkish shades is just that image mirrored(a few times) creating a skull.

I quickly recreated the evasion image and showing the blade (outline in red), i mirrored the first(white) part, which is the rogue.. and this creates the skull.
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rogueevasionisnotamask.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/rogueinevasion.jpg/
    Last edited by mmocb490acc4d4; 2012-09-11 at 07:02 AM.

EVASION /End discussion
    The left one clearly shows a rogue riding a skateboard!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account

Always thought these were teeth.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniablo View Post
    All of WC3 and Early WoW I thought cleave was a parrot (the axe bit being the beak) .
    Omg with your avatar. I always thought it was a dagger and it seemed so weird... Nice thread going on here. I was really surprised by moonkin form and blink being a dwarf.

People cant see it, or im seeing strange things!

However I still believe its a rogue, with a hood like Bloodfang(Not sure if its the right name, one of the early tiers)
    In a position where he kinda looks down over his arm, the right elbow up high with the arm going across his chest holding a dagger.
    You cant see his legs.. what people presume are 'legs' are the tip of the blade(left) and part of his lower torso(right), and what looks like a nose(well.. that part where the nose is on the skull) is his hand holding a dagger, as this is mirrored it looks like a nose.
    The eyes on this 'mask' people keep seeing is actually the part of the hood where the rogues face would be.
    That first white part is the rogue and the purple pinkish shades is just that image mirrored(a few times) creating a skull.

I quickly recreated the evasion image and showing the blade (outline in red), i mirrored the first(white) part, which is the rogue.. and this creates the skull.
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rogueevasionisnotamask.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/rogueinevasion.jpg/
    You are just seeing what you want to believe. From your coloured in version you can quite clearly see that it isn't holding a dagger, if it were then the grey handle would be obscured by the pink. So the dagger is at best lying across his arm, the shape is also wrong for daggers they are closer to arrow heads than daggers. Based on your description he has absolutely no shoulders with the arms coming straight out from his neck, if it truely were a hooded rogue then you would see the shoulders. Trying to argue that the green section is "lower torso" just doesn't make sense, look at it.

Every other icon is really clear when you look at it, especially the rogues which clearly do show rogues in them. This one you have to recolour and squint just to see something that looks vaguely like what you are trying to describe.

It is quite clearly a troll's skull, or a mask of a troll's skull (troll due to the tusks) which is shown to be fading.

However I still believe its a rogue
    It's not. Sorry.

Wow, what I said about evasion really took off lol. I admit it was a stretch but I do see it, I'm probably trying too hard though as few others do see it. Although, what does a troll mask have to do with a rogue? ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic. What I was referring to was the pic that was posted without legs just for clarification.

To those being snide about it. This thread is based on the concept of people seeing an axe when its a hand dropping a sword. People's eyes can play tricks on them, let's just drop it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

IT'S A PARROT GUYS, SERIOUSLY!
    Oh, well... go figure. I always saw a parrot as well. xD

I also always thought Mana Burn was some weird egg shell thing with a glint of light above it. The more you know.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-09-12 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Wow, what I said about evasion really took off lol. I admit it was a stretch but I do see it, I'm probably trying too hard though as few others do see it. Although, what does a troll mask have to do with a rogue? ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic. What I was referring to was the pic that was posted without legs just for clarification.

To those being snide about it. This thread is based on the concept of people seeing an axe when its a hand dropping a sword. People's eyes can play tricks on them, let's just drop it.
    The thread is about what people thought it was and what it really is, thinking it was a rogue is fine, people see weird things, looking at it in detail and saying it is a rogue is wrong. Trolls can be rogues and based on the picture I'm more inclined to think it is a skull than a mask, so the question becomes what does a rogue's skull fading have to do with evasion? If it were a face, then I feel it would match fine, so not sure why they went with a skull rather than a face.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Holy crap, I just realised that! I thought it was a face with beard as you look from the side. Damn.
    And look! The glove is from hunters Giantstalker set: http://www.wowhead.com/item=16852#.
    I only know this because I raided MC back in the days.... the horror of getting 8 set pieces with DKP and 4 others hunters in raid
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?