Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic.
    Rogues are all about trickery, stealth and deception.

Masks represent hiding your identity, and would be a major tool in a real assassins arsenal. It would be one tool that rogues use to "Evade" their enemies.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-09-13 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this on the 6th page!

The old mana shield.

Anyone knows? It looks like just some sort of abstract art, but nothing about the awesome icons in this game is ever abstract.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post

The old mana shield.

Anyone knows? It looks like just some sort of abstract art, but nothing about the awesome icons in this game is ever abstract.
    It always looked like an eye to me..
    Up-close kind've looks like a little thing of crystal/gems though.
    BIG CHUNKUS

oh wow. yeah, there's a lot i just don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I was very shocked when I found out after many years that the icon of mage's Blink was a dwarf, specially since I noticed that shortly before dwarves had mages as a playable class.
    *mind blown*

I had no idea until just now, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Whirlwind is a sword swinging in an arc. Sleep with that.
    HOLY SHI.....lol never realised that.

Blink is dwarf blinking eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Razero View Post
    People cant see it, or im seeing strange things!

However I still believe its a rogue, with a hood like Bloodfang(Not sure if its the right name, one of the early tiers)
    In a position where he kinda looks down over his arm, the right elbow up high with the arm going across his chest holding a dagger.
    You cant see his legs.. what people presume are 'legs' are the tip of the blade(left) and part of his lower torso(right), and what looks like a nose(well.. that part where the nose is on the skull) is his hand holding a dagger, as this is mirrored it looks like a nose.
    The eyes on this 'mask' people keep seeing is actually the part of the hood where the rogues face would be.
    That first white part is the rogue and the purple pinkish shades is just that image mirrored(a few times) creating a skull.

I quickly recreated the evasion image and showing the blade (outline in red), i mirrored the first(white) part, which is the rogue.. and this creates the skull.
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rogueevasionisnotamask.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/rogueinevasion.jpg/
    The problem isn't that we can't see what you're talking about.
    The problem is that it is a mask/skull.

Let's say for a moment you were right and it's a rogue holding a dagger.
    Why is the dagger just superimposed on the hand instead of being held?
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2nlbi35.png
    The people who make the icons aren't novices, every other icon is well done, why would this be an exception?

The reason: It isn't a rogue, it's a skull/mask with half it's face in shadow sliding to the left and leaving an afterimage.

Quote Originally Posted by marukale View Post
    The thread is about what people thought it was and what it really is, thinking it was a rogue is fine, people see weird things, looking at it in detail and saying it is a rogue is wrong. Trolls can be rogues and based on the picture I'm more inclined to think it is a skull than a mask, so the question becomes what does a rogue's skull fading have to do with evasion? If it were a face, then I feel it would match fine, so not sure why they went with a skull rather than a face.
    It isn't "fading".
    It's dodging to the left, leaving a motion blur.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2012-09-15 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post

Blink is dwarf blinking eye?
    Answered many times, personally I think it's just a bearded human. Why does it -have- to be a dwarf? o-O

Playing warlock as man and I still don't know whats drown here

The old mana shield.

I think it's a mage with outstretched arms from above facing to the right with a mana shield around him.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Playing warlock as man and I still don't know whats drown here
    I'd say it's just a shield / (magical)seal breaking apart.

But really, you guys really are blind or something. Pretty much the only ones that were surprising were Blink and Disarm.
    The rest are quite obvious, really.

Blink was, is and will always be a purple fetus. What you claim is beard is clearly it's arm. It represents instant abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Answered many times, personally I think it's just a bearded human. Why does it -have- to be a dwarf? o-O
    It's a Dwarf. It was made back in Vanilla Beta when Dwarves could be mages (only took until CATA to actually put that in the game).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

lol @ this thread
    <3 I'm not alone

Is shadowburn hand holding soemthing?

Is shadowburn hand holding soemthing?
    Used originaly as "unsummon" ability by acolytes in warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    I had the same thing with unstable affliction. For a long time I thought it was an ant or some kind of bug. Then one day I realized it's a dude screaming in pain
    Wow, yeah, it isn't a fiery ant thing?! That's what it always looked like to me. D:

Edit: Yup. I have a feeling I'll be spending quite a while on wowhead, just checking out big icons.

Never really looked properly at the icons before, I'm gonna keep noticing things all the time now!
    Time for Bed

Time for bed stops you feeling tired in the mornings!
    Download from the app store now!

Don't overthink it. It's just a shimmering ball of magic/mana cracked in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Used originaly as "unsummon" ability by acolytes in warcraft 3.
    It was actually used as a 'summon'. Unsummon was a hand doing \m/

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s