Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, there is definitely a lot of work to be done to online gaming to make sure it's accessible to more people. Part of it is on the part of the companies to understand that not everyone has reliable internet connections to this day or do things like play from different regions, but part of it is out of their hands in that they can't force countries/states/provinces/cities/companies to expand broadband internet everywhere in the world : /
    Not to mention that the prices for some of the ISPs are absurd.

Who cares.
    Its not like they have any decent games anyways, just the usual "Call of Duty: Game of the year" Plus popular games they stole from the studious they bought.

By the time they buy the new "good" studio people have already gotten their dose of good games and move on to next (read: bioware, westwood, etc).

I say let them do w/e they want. Not like anyone will care.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Who cares.
    Its not like they have any decent games anyways, just the usual "Call of Duty: Game of the year" Plus popular games they stole from the studious they bought.

By the time they buy the new "good" studio people have already gotten their dose of good games and move on to next (read: bioware, westwood, etc).

I say let them do w/e they want. Not like anyone will care.
    ya i had high hopes for bioware, but i doubt they will be releasing anything good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    ya i had high hopes for bioware, but i doubt they will be releasing anything good anymore.
    I always give all ea bought studious the benefit of one doubt.
    We will see what their next "big" game is.

Because frankly, after mass effect, they deserve at least that.
    We dream, we dream.

I like how EA hops on any bandwagon there is and fails miserable again and again.
    Hey lets make an mmo, lets make everything f2p, lets do multiplayer games only. Slowly digging their own graves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how this will work for all the sporting titles

I am a massive fan of single player offline gaming, I don't like the sound of what they're doing if I'm honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farra View Post
    I wonder how this will work for all the sporting titles

I am a massive fan of single player offline gaming, I don't like the sound of what they're doing if I'm honest.
    Most of the sports titles aren't far off from an always-connected world as is. It's been a few years since I've played a major EA sports game, but even back at the beginning of this last console generation the online integration was pretty tight. The sticky issue is going to be if an internet connection is going to be a requirement to even play the game.

I've just now thought of it, but I'm thinking I can see some ulterior motives at work here. Some of you might remember that a few years back EA created pack-in codes for their sports titles, requiring a person to either purchase the game new or buy a $10 online pass to access the online component. If every game is going to have mandatory online access, wouldn't that force consumers to purchase only new software? EA seems to be done with the used game market.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I understand the logic behind it, but IMO it's going to come back to bite them in the butt a bit if they don't make any changes to the kind of services they provide for their online games.
    Haven't quite a few of their business decisions cone back to bite them in the butt?

Seems like standard EA to me.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Ridiculous decision.

That's why EA will always be a ridiculous company that pretty much 100% of the gaming community hates.

If you were to create a top 10 (or some other number) list, of all time, or about any specific console, you'd see that the vast majority of those lists are made of single player games.
    It is a ridiculous decision, thats for sure. EA should have learned from Blizzard's mistakes with D3.

But you really shouldn't make blanket statements like '100% of gamers hate EA', especially while having a Blizzard game as your avatar and sig, when many people hate Blizzard just as much, if not more than EA.

Deleted
    fuck em.
    They will learn the hard way that people don't like, want, or need always on DRM, interactivity on their games.
    Shit like this will just drive people into the shady area's of the net looking for cracked games, and privately hosted server software to bypass security so they can play the games they like without internet conenctivity.

I understand why they are doing it, they want to protect there IP, give people stuff to do, and sell zero-day DLC's (which are already in the Download / disk install, just need unlocking) But honestly, some games do not need a Multilayer option, let alone a great single player experience being ruined by a bad implementation of a Multilayer system which in the end brings nothing to the game.

Edit -
    I do not "Hate" EA games, they have released in the past some pretty awesome games on several platforms, What I do not like is the business model that they are following. In the end though if a game comes out that I like EG :- SSX, NFS, Battlefield Franchises. Then I will Still buy them. However. I will have on my laptop a compleatly cracked and internet free version of them so if I go away for a weekend, I can still play them.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-09-06 at 11:47 PM.

If you are smart, You will stay away from games which has the EA logo on it.

"We are leaving the market we are good in, and trying to get the market we haven't the least skill to compete on. We expect to make a lot more of money while our old customers abandon us, and the target customers don't give a damn about our inferior products. Somewhat."

How the hell is cloud gaming a reason to step away from offline single player? Are they at least going to have an offline mode like steam?

Wait is DA3 going to be a multplayer game or have multiplayer like ME3...How would DA3 multiplayer work? Oh god please exclude bioware titles please.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    offline mode like steam?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYBW...ure=plpp_video

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-09-10 at 02:04 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    oh god @ Sims 4 and "woo hoo"
    Sims 4? I don't believe they've announced anything lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They're shortening the market here if they go through with it. Honestly this would make them earn less not more but I might be missing something. Am I missing something?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Am I missing something?
    They're slowly broadening their games to the FB game direction to reach out for the millions of non gamers who might play their games if they were easier approachable through web browser with no necessary long term commitments. Sort of like virtual cheese burgers.

We're roughly hitting halfway of that evolution with these changes.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They're shortening the market here if they go through with it. Honestly this would make them earn less not more but I might be missing something. Am I missing something?
    I hope we both are missing something..but with this
    I have not green lit one game to be developed as a single player experience.
    is making me soooooo worried..... its one thing to have multiplayer...its another to force it. Like I wouldn't mind if DA3 had baulder's gate like multiplayer but baulder's gate was developed as a single player game....seriously I'm freaking out =/
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, least I'll know to steer clear from EA when it comes to their games. Not all of us have the greatest internet and they seem to forget that.