Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverocean View Post
    Because having things to do other then PVE and PVP is good?
    I just think that WoW has a lot of things in game that seem a complete waste of time and out of place. I'd rather less time fillers and more real content. I have plenty of other games to play and don't need to feel that I have to do everything in one game. Same reason I don't do dailies/weeklies except for the ones that get completed during normal game play like pvp and operation ones. Concentrate on your strengths and if you want to extend your game play at least try to make it fit in with your game world, this is exactly what SWTOR has done well. Events etc are Star Wars specific, not Valentine's Day or Xmas etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everything you said. I am just trying to be as optimistic as possible because I know my enjoyment will be hampered if I'm sitting back with nothing to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    I just think that WoW has a lot of things in game that seem a complete waste of time and out of place. I'd rather less time fillers and more real content. I have plenty of other games to play and don't need to feel that I have to do everything in one game. Same reason I don't do dailies/weeklies except for the ones that get completed during normal game play like pvp and operation ones. Concentrate on your strengths and if you want to extend your game play at least try to make it fit in with your game world, this is exactly what SWTOR has done well. Events etc are Star Wars specific, not Valentine's Day or Xmas etc
    I think that's exactly the problem with SWTOR. When people complain about nothing to do at endgame, they're not talking about raids and PvP, because TOR does have raids and PvP. They're talking about the little things, the details that it doesn't have.

Like, I could (and did) spend hours exploring the nooks and crannies of Ironforge in WoW. I loved the tiny rooms in the buildings, and everything that wasn't necessary at all but was there just for the purpose of making the world feel alive. SWTOR doesn't have that. SWTOR has one giant hub space port where everyone stands around, and every room has a purpose. Every room is needed, which makes it feel less real.

That's just an example, of course. WoW has events and holidays and pointless vanity items. WoW has tiny little things that don't matter, pet battles and farming and pointless grinds -- people like that. SWTOR has none of it. It makes the entire game feel forced, which is great for one or two playthroughs, but it gives it no depth other than what you see on the cover.

I don't play WoW anymore, but WoW is one of those games you never forget, while TOR is just another drop in the pond.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't play WoW anymore, but WoW is one of those games you never forget, while TOR is just another drop in the pond.
    We all have been playing WoW from more then a year thou, and TOR hasn't been out for a year yet.

To me of all the other MMO's TOR has the most potential. It has some of the stuff right, like story, quest, ops, wz, the only thing it needs now is stuff that outside warzones and opperations can hold the players interested when they reach max level. Some of the stuff they could implement:

-Pazzak mini game
    -Swoop races
    -Player bounty system
    -Explorable space, and travel between planets with your space ship.
    -Guild capital ships, and Guild capital ships space missions.

I could really go on with this, but you get the idea. The problem is, its only fools hope atm.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

PR giberish at its best. they used to feed us interviews like that every week. now they do it every other month, it just doesnt excite me anymore, I want to see things DONE. fact is, the game is in almost the worst possible state right now, the only worse one being dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Guild capital ships, and Guild capital ships space missions.
    I know that Guild Capital Ships are in development. Back when Stephen Reid was on the team, he stated that Capital ships made it OFF the table and was in the next phase after that. Space missions for them? I have no idea. Doubtful.

Player bounty system
    They want to get a player bounty system in the game. Before launch they were still talking about it, but they didn't know when it would be available. I think getting World PvP going again is their first step. Face it, whats the point of a bounty system if no one is out in the world anyways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i know Forsedar, i've heard of the "wall of crazies" , and boy was it full of some amazing ideas. I just hope they implement 50% of them
    It's coming in 1.2!!!