Paladin Plate Specialization

Howdy y'all. I come here to ask a simple question. One of my guildies was leveling his paladin, and asked us if armor specialization were still a thing in MoP. A few others, including myself, said they were, and I promptly linked my shamans specialization to show him. I told him where it could be found, but he could not find it in the spell book.

I then popped over to my paladin alt that I am leveling off and on. To my surprise, he was correct. The plate specialization passive was not infact in the Paladin spell book. I then went over to my other low level alts and checked to make sure it just wasn't showing up until you dinged the proper level to learn the specialization. My druid and rogue both had the specialization greyed out as they are not 50 yet.

I plan on posting the same thing in both the paladin forums on WoW's official site, and in the report bugs forums too. Has anyone else noticed this yet or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think you should take a second look, it's definitely there as I saw it earlier.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Paladin plate specialization does exist, but it is conspicuously absent from our spellbook; I tested this last week when the problem was first noticed, and I can confirm that our specializations do still function. To check for yourself, go from, say, Ret to Holy and watch your stats tab to see that your Str drops and Int raises.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

I Just tested it with my belt vs a cloth belt with same Ilvl and stam (which both didn't have any stam gems or enchants). I lost a lot of stam so its for sure still in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I really think you should take a second look, it's definitely there as I saw it earlier.
    Are you sure? It's definitely not in the spellbook for me, and I've seen several posts in the US official paladin forum about it being missing. Maybe it shows for EU players but not US?

I'm an EU player and it's missing from my spellbook too (at least in Holy). But like others said, tested it last week and definitely still here even if not displayed.

Definitely not in my spellbook.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check the general tab, not your specialization tab. I believe it's called Armors.

10+ Year Old Account
    General tab, first page, 'Armor skills' ... 4th one down, left side (dwarf ret pally)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Are you sure? It's definitely not in the spellbook for me, and I've seen several posts in the US official paladin forum about it being missing. Maybe it shows for EU players but not US?
    I think it's missing for not just paladins. I just checked my hunter and Mail Specialization is not in her spellbook either. Cloth wearers did not have a Cloth Specialization because they could only wear cloth. Instead, they had a new passive (Nethermancy for warlocks I think and Mysticism for mages) that increases Intellect by 5% once they reach level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Check the general tab, not your specialization tab. I believe it's called Armors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    General tab, first page, 'Armor skills' ... 4th one down, left side (dwarf ret pally)
    That one merely states what the character can wear. OP is asking about the one that gives you a 5% bonus to a primary stat if you wear all leather/mail/plate.

Checked my pally, couldn't find it neither.

On my Fury Warrior however, the Armor Specialization is present in the Fury tab (not General).

Last edited by Toobad; 2012-09-07 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    I think this may have been a missed addition to the book, I wanted to check this out on various sites and what was interesting is that there are several Plate Specialization pages. Obviously one for Paladins and one for warriors and one for Death Knights.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Plate_Specia..._%28paladin%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Plate_Specia...eath_knight%29
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Plate_Specia..._%28warrior%29

However taking the link to WoWDB from these pages give you a page but notabley the top right hand box area shows Added in 5.0.4
    Following the links from WoWDB pages onto WoWhead will give you See Also () on the pages - you kinda get lost after awhile - but so far i have seen several different icons for the same wording several different chest type icons and a helmet icon.

Maybe the spell books cannot distinguish which icon/specialization to display or the code got broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I think it's missing for not just paladins. I just checked my hunter and Mail Specialization is not in her spellbook either. Cloth wearers did not have a Cloth Specialization because they could only wear cloth. Instead, they had a new passive (Nethermancy for warlocks I think and Mysticism for mages) that increases Intellect by 5% once they reach level 50.
    Warlocks', mages', and priests' armor specializations always had those fancy names, since they can only wear cloth. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Armor Skills != Plate Specialization.

Plate Specialization's effects are working, however absent from the spellbook.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Warlocks', mages', and priests' armor specializations always had those fancy names, since they can only wear cloth. :P
    Yeah, that post had a point. >.> It went through a few edits and now I don't know why that statement is there. lol

it there for everyone