How does the limitation of mailing gold work?

I didn't find the info I need on the official wiki site, so I'm asking if anyone knows.

I was trying to buy from another player through traditional trading. Since there is no COD, the seller asked if I could mail him the amount of gold up front before sending me the stuff. When I try to mail gold to him, I got a message saying that I need to continue playing the game in order to send gold, and it's a safty measure to prevent frauds. I asked the seller to list his stuff on TP, but he refused because he couldn't make sure that the thing I'd get from TP would be his, and on top of that he would've had to pay a 15% fee.

Okay, so it's like a credit system but I still have several questions.

What's the specific criteria for raising my credit? Is it my character's level, a portion of the amount of gold I've earned, or the number of minutes I've played? BTW, I'm a casual player who logs in for few hours a week.

How do I check my current credit level?

Is my credit on a daily/weekly/monthly limit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    I didn't find the info I need on the official wiki site, so I'm asking if anyone knows.

I was trying to buy from another player through traditional trading. Since there is no COD, the seller asked if I could mail him the amount of gold up front before sending me the stuff. When I try to mail gold to him, I got a message saying that I need to continue playing the game in order to send gold, and it's a safty measure to prevent frauds. I asked the seller to list his stuff on TP, but he refused because he couldn't make sure that the thing I'd get from TP would be his, and on top of that he would've had to pay a 15% fee.

Okay, so it's like a credit system but I still have several questions.

What's the specific criteria for raising my credit? Is it my character's level, a portion of the amount of gold I've earned, or the number of minutes I've played? BTW, I'm a casual player who logs in for few hours a week.

How do I check my current credit level?

Is my credit on a daily/weekly/monthly limit?
    Accordingly to your level.

Bro, take it as destiny: he was scamming you. I'm sure 100% what he was selling you is on TP for a couple silver. Did you check? Today i write, you can find on TP EVERY single drop of gw2, even the weapons needed to craft legendary. Guys, wake up, don't buy a damn from the first idiot on /Map