Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So because Anet didn't have the man power to remove the items from said "exploits" (They weren't really exploits to be honest) they just banned people? Seems fair...
    yes because getting a 30k karma cost weapon for 20 karma isn't a bug that got exploited right...just like what paragon did with LFR wasn't a bug/exploit ether...

new flash get ready cause this will shock you.

Guild Wars 2 belongs to Anet you pay *the one time cost* to play there game what they say is a Exploit is a Exploit no matter what you think. If they feel it was a Exploit *and in this case it was a clear exploit buying 30k cost weapons for 20 karma* they brought out the ban hammer. then they decided to make it a 72hr ban aslong as u admit to it and remove said items. they did not have to do anything.

sorry but welcome to a MMO that a game company care's about how there players act and you can't run around doing as you please thinking nothing will happen.

it wasn't the fact people got 2 or 3 for 20 karma it was cause they got 1000's for 20 karma each......clearly exploiting.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-07 at 08:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Oh great this thread got turned into lets bash gw2 and anet thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    you must be a mesmer cause you read my mind lol
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    yes because getting a 30k karma cost weapon for 20 karma isn't a bug that got exploited right...just like what paragon did with LFR wasn't a bug/exploit ether...

new flash get ready cause this will shock you.

Guild Wars 2 belongs to Anet you pay *the one time cost* to play there game what they say is a Exploit is a Exploit no matter what you think. If they feel it was a Exploit *and in this case it was a clear exploit buying 30k cost weapons for 20 karma* they brought out the ban hammer. then they decided to make it a 72hr ban aslong as u admit to it and remove said items. they did not have to do anything.

sorry but welcome to a MMO that a game company care's about how there players act and you can't run around doing as you please thinking nothing will happen.

it wasn't the fact people got 2 or 3 for 20 karma it was cause they got 1000's for 20 karma each......clearly exploiting.
    To stay on topic though, wouldn't an amazing (or even good) company just remove said items instead of banning people who may have been ignorant to the fact?

I have gw2, have done very little reading on external sites regarding the game because I want to feel like a newbie learning to play again. Does that mean that if I bought one of these weapons I should be banned? I thought that's all they cost. Where was the announcement in game before you log in regarding said exploit?

An amazing/good gaming company would have done this. I'm not saying Anet are a BAD company, but they certainly aren't deserved of the title of amazing/good.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacko View Post
    To stay on topic though, wouldn't an amazing (or even good) company just remove said items instead of banning people who may have been ignorant to the fact?

I have gw2, have done very little reading on external sites regarding the game because I want to feel like a newbie learning to play again. Does that mean that if I bought one of these weapons I should be banned? I thought that's all they cost. Where was the announcement in game before you log in regarding said exploit?

An amazing/good gaming company would have done this. I'm not saying Anet are a BAD company, but they certainly aren't deserved of the title of amazing/good.
    as you level you see karma vendors selling items for high cost at low level its around 200 karma for each peace of gear. so you would think *Common Sence here* that at level 80 this mix level gear couldn't cost 20 karma each that must be a bug.

people who got 1 2 or even 10 peace's didn't get banned those who got 1000's got banned. and anet has already said they made those players remove them items there self because they did not have the main power to do it at that time cause they are busy with the game since it just lauched.

funny thing is people exploited a bug in LFR and got banned people was ok with blizzard doing it but if another company *Anet in this case* dose the samething they are bad mouthed for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How to see if you got a Digital Deluxe or normal version?

Cause i had this problem .. does the GW box in GW2 account management have to say Deluxe or so?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    How to see if you got a Digital Deluxe or normal version?

Cause i had this problem .. does the GW box in GW2 account management have to say Deluxe or so?
    I would think if you log in on there site it would say *deluxe* somewhere or if your ingame you would have the elite skill/mini pet that comes with it. other then that no clue

as you level you see karma vendors selling items for high cost at low level its around 200 karma for each peace of gear. so you would think *Common Sence here* that at level 80 this mix level gear couldn't cost 20 karma each that must be a bug.

people who got 1 2 or even 10 peace's didn't get banned those who got 1000's got banned. and anet has already said they made those players remove them items there self because they did not have the main power to do it at that time cause they are busy with the game since it just lauched.

funny thing is people exploited a bug in LFR and got banned people was ok with blizzard doing it but if another company *Anet in this case* dose the samething they are bad mouthed for it.
    How can you prove this didn't happen?
    How did Anet contact these players?
    Did they use a program that said "if x player brought x amount of x weapon for 20 karma, send email or whisper in game"?
    Impressive program that would have just as easily been solved if they had just input "delete all of x weapon / refund karma used on x weapon"

Like I said, all these questions would not need to be asked of an amazing company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Yeah, someone said a while back that if ANet said "Hey we made too much money, refunds for everyone" that people here would try to find a way to paint it as evil.

They just hate any game that's not their game with the burning white hatred of a thousand burning suns. Also this is how they get good threads closed ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Did they use a program that said "if x player brought x amount of x weapon for 20 karma, send email or whisper in game"?
    Impressive program that would have just as easily been solved if they had just input "delete all of x weapon / refund karma used on x weapon"

Like I said, all these questions would not need to be asked of an amazing company.
    because anet came out on reddit and said what happen....but i guess we can just ignore what the game company tells us right. this was already talked about and said time and time again....and personally im done with it.

On topic: as i said i think its really neat that they did that and just go's to show some game company's care about there players.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Yeah, someone said a while back that if ANet said "Hey we made too much money, refunds for everyone" that people here would try to find a way to paint it as evil.

They just hate any game that's not their game with the burning white hatred of a thousand burning suns. Also this is how they get good threads closed ;-)
    couldn't agree with you more and i find it funny that a mod done replyed to these people many of times. when it was clear all they wanted to do was derail the thread.

GJ another thread derailed and will be closed because some people just want to.......

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because other gaming companies regularly gift customers who deal with issues too, right?
    I have many Time credits for wow due to blizzard's fucking up. Where you going to bash Blizzard, yes I Think you were, but you know what, They do compensate.

Edit, but throwing In game pets at people too for changing the sub fee for the Moblie crap or the zine would also be more proof they don't compensate too, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

because anet came out on reddit and said what happen....but i guess we can just ignore what the game company tells us right. this was already talked about and said time and time again....and personally im done with it.

On topic: as i said i think its really neat that they did that and just go's to show some game company's care about there players.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 08:19 AM ----------

couldn't agree with you more and i find it funny that a mod done replyed to these people many of times. when it was clear all they wanted to do was derail the thread.

GJ another thread derailed and will be closed because some people just want to.......
    So all gw2 players use reddit?

Opposing views =/= attempted thread derailment.

Opposing views =/= attempted thread derailment.
    no but im sure lots of people use facebook and have Guild wars 2 liked on it and they have commented that they update there wiki and post on reddit...and like yourself look at MMOchamp and see all the threads about them posting something on reddit. and im sure if people dosen't do any of that then they don't even know 3k people got banned.

also lets not forget twitter.

and before any comments about me saying the guild wars wiki only anet admins can make changes to it as there home page for it says so no one can just put random crap on it. *in the main parts of it like the news feed*
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-07 at 08:35 AM.

It's weird when people are like, "well I do so everyone must."
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamLe View Post
    So you expect Blizzard to give you something worth real life value?
    Because what ANet did is worth absolutely nothing to them.
    You actually believe that ArenaNet doesn't benefit from people thinking they're the best company EVER?

Hah. This is a marketing campaign. Don't believe for a second that they value their customers more than any other company. They do it because they think it's the best way to make money. That's what a company is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Hah. This is a marketing campaign. Don't believe for a second that they value their customers more than any other company. They do it because they think it's the best way to make money. That's what a company is.
    Agree but here is a question for you.
    What do you call Blizzards move to give in game pets to the people who had Mobil app subs rite before it went free? What do you call it when blizzard tossed in game pets to the people with WOW zine subs when they shut it down?
    Marketing or Compensation? Both?

I am only using that as an example because that is a fresh in mind action another big MMO took that ended up giving players something because of what the company did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I have many Time credits for wow due to blizzard's fucking up. Where you going to bash Blizzard, yes I Think you were, but you know what, They do compensate.

Edit, but throwing In game pets at people too for changing the sub fee for the Moblie crap or the zine would also be more proof they don't compensate too, rite?
    Thread got derailed so ill bite (gj trolls hats off). The last time that blizzard compensated was in wotlk they gave one day free after the ulduar patch. Which was a great thing to do and while im no longer a blizzard fan I still think that they did a great thing by compensating players for the day lost.

I really wish a mod would close this because it has turned into is a bash Anet/Guild wars 2 thread....like most threads on this site get turned into even tho each has there own sub forum. someone always has to come and derail it and start the bashing.

and 9 times out of 10 when they do it its on a different account so there main one dose not get banned.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not as easy as deleting these items, most of them had already been reforged/salvaged/whatever. Also, if someone commits a crime, say he steals a car. You don't just say: "Just take back the car and everything's fine."

A lot of people performed actions that were obviously and without a doubt against the game's policy. That means they get either suspended (which is what happened in this case) or banned.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

no but im sure lots of people use facebook and have Guild wars 2 liked on it and they have commented that they update there wiki and post on reddit...and like yourself look at MMOchamp and see all the threads about them posting something on reddit. and im sure if people dosen't do any of that then they don't even know 3k people got banned.

also lets not forget twitter.

and before any comments about me saying the guild wars wiki only anet admins can make changes to it as there home page for it says so no one can just put random crap on it. *in the main parts of it like the news feed*
    I don't "like" games on my facebook. I haven't read their wiki. I don't have twitter. I only stumbled across this thread because it was in the newest 5 posts on the front page and I wanted to know what the compensation was. I only use reddit on my mobile phone and that's to look at rage comics when I'm catching public transport to work.

You know what I do? I log in and play the game. I did not see one single announcement on their log in screen or in game about this (please prove me wrong if you can, I actually hope you can). Where was that announcement?

edit: See, but even to prove theft of a motor vehicle you need to prove mens rea (guilty conscience). It isn't the same thing. Where in the games policy did it state, "do not buy objects if they appear to be of lower value than actual worth".
    Last edited by Quacko; 2012-09-07 at 08:45 AM.